All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:56 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

When Flores watches the tape, he will see that the defense is more than "a little bit out of sync".

Greg Cote (Miami Herald) wrote:
Tampa Bay’s first five touchdown drives were 80, 70, 77, 75 and 61 yards. The sixth was shorter only because a Brissett interception set it up. Antonio Brown twice beat Miami’s best defender, Xavien Howard, for scoring passes.

The Fins’ NFL-best streak was 26 straight games with a defensive takeaway ended quietly.

“I’m concerned. We’re a little bit out of of sync,” said Miami coach Brian Flores of his defense. “Obviously in a lot of ways. Run defense. Pass defense. Rush. We’re not seeing the production on Sundays.” Flores said the team was not able to execute its defensive game plan. “We weren’t really able to execute any part of it.” That’s damning.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:43 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

All that money tied up in the secondary, and you know Nik Needham is going to be deserving of a nice payday next year. One thing I will say that Brady was amazing yesterday as he had Dolphisn draped on him, sometimes getting hit as he threw the ball, and passes were hitting his receivers in stride (and, yes, they were open). That was probably the best performance that I've ever seen from the GOAT.

Quote:
Secondary

This is where things got extra hairy for the Miami defense. Not a single member of the secondary graded above a 64.0, and the starters allowed a total of 300 yards and four touchdowns.

Corner Nik Needham was the highest-graded of the bunch, which isn’t saying much when you realize he graded at a 59.5 for coverage on PFF’s first review. Needham was responsible for 50 yards on the seven targets he encountered.

The worst of the bunch was by far Byron Jones. The UConn product gave up 120 yards on 10 targets — an average of 12 yards every time Brady decided to pick on him.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-5-gam ... olphins-17

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:32 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Brady is great and I am sick of losing to him every year for 25 years or however long it has been since Brady sold his soul to become Optimus Prime.

The problem is that the Phins are mostly under-performing and it is quite evident our coaches suck. There is talent on the team, much of it being wasted. Why does it take weeks to adjust the O line to a lineup the fans have been suggesting for 3 weeks? Worse yet….why do the fans know better than the coaches? ….oh, and they still have not got that right….Jackson needs to be benched and Hunt needs to be the RT, not RG. Why is Williams riding the pine? He looked good yesterday filling in for Parker….certainly better than other flotsam and jetsam we have trotted out there this year. Why does this team seem committed to not running the ball? When you pass every down, it makes the opponent’s job easier. Why is Gesicki not on the field more? He catches everything and makes big plays….the whole NFL sees it and wonders allowed as well. Why is Grier still GM? He had 9 picks in the first two rounds the past two years and whiffed far too often. He is killing this franchise. His free agent moves mostly suck too.

There is some talent on this team, but coaching is holding it back and yesterday, I felt many players have quit putting in the effort for the morons in charge. Pull the plug before all the talent pulls a Minkah on this garbage heap.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:27 pm 
2021 Survival Champion!
2021 Survival Champion!

Here is my thing right now with this whole team.

There is no leader on this team.

Tua? Psst.
Howard? Ya right.

I do not see a vocal, lead by example guy, in game and off the field.

Haven't heard of a "players only meeting" to hold people accountable.

There is no JT or Zach on this team, much less a Marino.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:13 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Seems like Tampa saw the same something on the tape that Buffalo did last year. They lit up our secondary like no other teams have been able to do in the last couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post subject: Re: Flores: defense is
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:56 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Seems like Tampa saw the same something on the tape that Buffalo did last year. They lit up our secondary like no other teams have been able to do in the last couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well….X was supposedly injured, but I think Flores has lost the locker room.

Post subject: Re: Flores: defense is
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:10 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phinished wrote:
I think Flores has lost the locker room.
You would love that. Matter of fact, you are hoping for it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:43 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

“….It all started off with a poll on Dolphins Twitter asking fans, “In your opinion, has Flores lost the locker room?” The gym Tagovailoa trains at social media account (@PER4ORM) replied and said, “I meant YES. Sorry.”

Now, that could just be a personal opinion, or it could be some knowledge, as it is not just Tagovailoa who trains with PER4FORM. Wide receiver Will Fuller V and former running back Jordan Scarlett also trains there, and there may be some players I am missing…” https://phinphanatic.com/2021/10/11/gym ... cker-room/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:04 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phinished wrote:
“….It all started off with a poll on Dolphins Twitter asking fans, “In your opinion, has Flores lost the locker room?” The gym Tagovailoa trains at social media account (@PER4ORM) replied and said, “I meant YES. Sorry.”

Now, that could just be a personal opinion, or it could be some knowledge, as it is not just Tagovailoa who trains with PER4FORM. Wide receiver Will Fuller V and former running back Jordan Scarlett also trains there, and there may be some players I am missing…” https://phinphanatic.com/2021/10/11/gym ... cker-room/

Glad to know Fuller is doing something other than collecting a paycheck.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]