All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:46 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The Dolphins reached a couple of history milestones yesterday. First the good news is that the Dolphins featured Myles Gaskin ... and we fans can say that we told the Dolphins so. The second milestone is just a horrible thing. I really don't get what is happening to this team. Has Flores lost the team?

Miami Herald wrote:
▪ (Myles Gaskin is) the first running back in Dolphins history with at least 10 catches and multiple receiving touchdowns in the same game.

▪ In today’s battle of depressing Miami Dolphins facts: It happened only once in franchise history, in expansion era 1967, when the Dolphins won their season opener then proceeded to lose four games in a row. Now it has happened again in 2021, for the first time in 54 years.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:57 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

These aren't milestones, but it is what we are ... a very bad team. The Dolphins have put themselves in a HUGE hole, and tanking only helps other teams in draft pick compensation when the season is over. We are near the bottom offensively and defensively.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:48 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Grier, Flores and the rest of the staff in charge of this sinking ship need to go….time for another rebuild.

This time they need to keep key players. I am convinced the coaching is the real problem….that and Grier who blows it on too many high draft picks and in free agency.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:58 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phinished wrote:
Grier, Flores and the rest of the staff in charge of this sinking ship need to go….time for another rebuild.

This time they need to keep key players. I am convinced the coaching is the real problem….that and Grier who blows it on too many high draft picks and in free agency.

Its a 17 game season. Many thought Miami would start 0-5. Yes, Miami is not looking good right now. We can only see how this plays out and then make a rational decision on the path forward. After five games, people think Flores how forgotten how to coach after praising his coaching ability for two yrs.

Sometime the hardest choice might be to stay the course. I have more faith in Flores righting the ship, than I have that Miami will hire the correct people. That track record has not been very good.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:45 pm 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

I'm really torn. While clearly the problems run deeper than Flores, (Miami has had a sub-par offensive line for literally like 12 years in a row or something), I think Flores is still more of the problem than the true solution. To me, his failure is not recognizing or addressing the lack of the offensive line and saying or doing anything about it. Yes, the curse of having a bad one or the incompetence of not having one predates Flores..... but Flores had 2 years to recognize or address it. To me, he is basically acting like this was an acceptable team to field and it is 100% not. I think cleaning house as much as possible can only help. But how far up can they clean this nasty old house?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:23 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phinished wrote:

This right here. Ross keeps hiring the wrong people. He needs to bring in a football guy (not Mike Tannenbaum) and let him handle the hiring of the GM and coach.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:42 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Getting heavily outplayed in tne second half of games. Have to wonder about the half time adjustments.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:59 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

One thing about Mike Tannenbaum......he really really really wanted Justin Herbert.

I know. Blind squirrel, yada yada. But that's a big acorn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:56 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:

All that money invested in the secondary and they get slapped with all of this

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:05 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

In this weeks Overreaction News, Miami Fans. There is a lot of season left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:15 pm 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

True. But for every game Miami plays, there is that much more film for opponents to study looking for weaknesses. I believe that is why Miami won the first game. For every game played, there is more exposure of the weak points and any NFL level team can take advantage of it. The same reason Miami coaches thought the offensive line was acceptable to field is why they can't make adjustments to avoid teams taking advantage of said weaknesses.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:55 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
In this weeks Overreaction News, Miami Fans. There is a lot of season left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmmmm…..a near bottom ranked defense combined with a near bottom ranked offense. Now there is something to build on!

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]