All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:48 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

For those who are saying that Grier has whiffed on Miami's picks in the first round, I see two here who are in the playmaker mold. Also, Christian Wilkins has taken an outstanding step forward this year. The jury is out on Tua. He's whiffed on Austin Jackson and Igby. I'm just keeping a balanced record on his first round picks here.

PFF wrote:
PICK NO. 6: WR Jaylen Waddle, Miami Dolphins
Overall Rookie Grade: 66.3 (Rank: 5/17)
Week 4 Grade: 63.4

After a huge game last week in terms of targets, Waddle was a far smaller part of the Miami offense against Indianapolis. He was targeted four times, all of which were short, quick passes from the slot as the Dolphins' offense struggled to get much going. Even on these passes, he flashed his quickness and game-altering ability, breaking a tackle on two of those plays and gaining extra yards that few receivers would be capable of. Waddle is another talented playmaker whose role hasn’t quite lived up to his potential thus far.

PICK NO. 18: EDGE Jaelan Phillips, Miami Dolphins
Overall Rookie Grade: 66.0 (Rank: 7/25)
Week 4 Grade: 65.1

Phillips had the best pass-rushing game of his young career against the Indianapolis Colts, aided by the fact that Eric Fisher is still far from the player he was before injuring his Achilles late last season. Phillips posted six total pressures from 22 rushes, earning a season-best 76.6 PFF pass-rushing grade of 76.6. He has flashed potential so far this season, particularly on rushes where he converts speed to power and surprises blockers with his strength.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-grades-all ... eek-4-2021

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:54 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Here are a few players that fans wanted to see drafted.

PFF wrote:
PICK NO. 4: TE Kyle Pitts, Atlanta Falcons
Overall Rookie Grade: 66.5 (Rank: 2/6)
Week 4 Grade: 65.7

Pitts' expectations are so high that even 55 snaps and nine targets against Washington somehow feels like a failure to maximize his potential. He caught four of those nine targets for 50 yards, with the majority of his snaps coming either from the slot or out wide — 21 and 19, respectfully. Each week, Pitts flashes the easy receiving skills that made him such a dynamic prospect, but the Falcons have yet to fully tap into what that could produce within the offense.

PICK NO. 5: WR Ja’Marr Chase, Cincinnati Bengals
Overall Rookie Grade: 77.1 (Rank: 2/17)
Week 4 Grade: 72.6

For the first time in his NFL career, Chase failed to score a touchdown, but that’s not to say he wasn’t still extremely productive. Chase saw nine targets against the Jaguars. He caught six of them for 77 yards and generated 2.41 yards per route run. He has been extremely good so far this season, and his potential is even higher as his quarterback works his way back to full fitness following last season’s knee injury. Passes thrown in Chase's direction so far this season are generating a 147.8 passer rating.

PICK NO. 7: OT Penei Sewell, Detroit Lions
Overall Rookie Grade: 56.8 (Rank: 7/14)
Week 4 Grade: 46.3

Sewell was impressive as a run blocker against the Bears. He repeatedly got into a good position, particularly on the backside of runs. He was often able to swat down the hands of Chicago defensive linemen and dump them to the turf, but things were slightly worse in pass protection. Robert Quinn isn’t the player he once was, but he still brings an impressive blend of quickness, burst and technique to cause all kinds of problems for a young offensive tackle. Quinn was able to beat Sewell repeatedly, and the rookie coughed up eight total pressures — the worst of which was a strip-sack of Jared Goff in the red zone that probably cost the Lions a touchdown, as Goff was set to throw to an open target.

PICK NO. 10: WR DeVonta Smith, Philadelphia Eagles
Overall Rookie Grade: 69.5 (Rank: 4/17)
Week 4 Grade: 74.2

The effortless ease with which Smith is able to generate separation is impressive to watch every week. Against Kansas City, he racked up seven catches for 122 yards from 10 targets on a variety of different routes, and there was more meat left on the bone. One of the incompletions was a miscommunication between Smith and quarterback Jalen Hurts that could have resulted in a big play had Smith continued his route rather than broken it off. Another was actually caught in the end zone for a touchdown, but Smith stepped out of bounds along the sideline before the ball arrived.

PICK NO. 12: LB Micah Parsons, Dallas Cowboys
Overall Rookie Grade: 75.4 (Rank: 1/25) *Ranked as EDGE
Week 4 Grade: 48.5

After thriving as a stand-in defensive lineman over the past couple of weeks due to Dallas' injuries up front, Parsons returned to a primary role of linebacker against the Panthers in Week 4. He still rushed the passer 18 times and lined up on the defensive line at times, but most of his rushing was done on the blitz as a linebacker He recorded a sack but generated just two total pressures from those rushes and allowed 45 yards in coverage.

PICK NO. 24. RB Najee Harris, Pittsburgh Steelers
Overall Rookie Grade: 64.1 (Rank: 5/15)
Week 4 Grade: 76.7

Harris took on a relatively light workload this week against Green Bay, featuring on just 80.0% of the Steelers' offensive snaps after recording a 96% clip over the first three weeks of the season. Harris did have the most productive rushing game of his rookie season against the Packers’ marginal run defense, averaging 4.1 yards per carry. He saw seven targets this week, down from an absurd 19 in Week 3, but remains part of a Steelers offense trapped in quicksand.

PICK NO. 25. RB Travis Etienne, Jacksonville Jaguars
Overall Rookie Grade: DNP (Rank: N/A)
Week 4 Grade: DNP

Etienne suffered a season-ending injury in the preseason.

PICK NO 27: WR Rashod Bateman, Baltimore Ravens
Overall Rookie Grade: DNP (Rank: N/A)
Week 4 Grade: DNP

Bateman has yet to return to action for the Ravens after injuring his groin in training camp, but was activated from injured reserve and has resumed practicing.

PICK NO. 30: EDGE Gregory Rousseau, Buffalo Bills
Overall Rookie Grade: 60.9 (Rank: 10/25)
Week 4 Grade: 61.0

Rousseau played 18 snaps in Buffalo’s 40-0 beatdown of the Houston Texans this week. He didn’t register any pressures or have any winning reps, but he rushed the passer only nine times. He did manage a couple of defensive stops in the run game, which has been his stronger facet of play through the first month of his rookie year.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-grades-all ... eek-4-2021

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:39 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Davonta Smith may be an all time great talent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:57 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Davonta Smith may be an all time great talent

Yes…he was my choice. He is just too thin….ha ha ha ha. Stupid Grier.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:58 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phinished wrote:

You have all the answers. Why are you not in the industry, showing them all how its done?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:01 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Phinished wrote:

You have all the answers. Why are you not in the industry, showing them all how its done?

Never said I had all the answers, but I was right on this one. I also know better than to reach on picks in the 1st round. I actually believe the fans here can draft better than Grier.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:09 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phinished wrote:
Never said I had all the answers, but I was right on this one. I also know better than to reach on picks in the 1st round. I actually believe the fans here can draft better than Grier.
Waddle was a reach now? Wow. Yes, Smith has had a quality start to his career, but lets not now act like Waddle was a reach.

Even with how poorly Miami is using him, he is catching the balls thrown his way, even the one he shouldn't have caught. 25 catches in 4 games. Waddle is avg. more YAC/R yds and when considering how Miami is using him shows its all him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:13 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
Phinished wrote:
Waddle was a reach now? Wow. Yes, Smith has had a quality start to his career, but lets not now act like Waddle was a reach.

Even with how poorly Miami is using him, he is catching the balls thrown his way, even the one he shouldn't have caught. 25 catches in 4 games. Waddle is avg. more YAC/R yds and when considering how Miami is using him shows its all him.

I get a chuckle reading his posts. No, he doesn't have a bias anywhere in his bones.

:))

Shanahan wouldn't make it with Dolphins fans. He coached them from 6-10, 4-12, to the Super Bowl 13-3, and then back to 6-10. Some Dolphins fans here would be calling for his head last year.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:50 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:

I get a chuckle reading his posts. No, he doesn't have a bias anywhere in his bones.

Shanahan wouldn't make it with Dolphins fans. He coached them from 6-10, 4-12, to the Super Bowl 13-3, and then back to 6-10. Some Dolphins fans here would be calling for his head last year.
Not wrong. Its the instant gratification of younger fans. Yes, I'm old and come from a place where teams had to build. As much as I enjoy watching the draft, the talking heads on draft night tell fans, who do not know any different, how great this or that player will be. Even if they put the caveat out there that it will take a yr. or so Fans never hear that.

Majority of fans have a I cannot see the forest for the trees mentality. Guy is not playing well. He sucks and needs to be replaced. Never thinking deeper as to why? Is it he just is not good enough or is he being used incorrectly. As you stated the other day. How many times have teams signed a high priced FA player and then use him differently than his previous team and he is not nearly worth the deal they gave him.

I wish Miami would have drafted Herbert, but I do recall the major question marks he had attached to him on draft night. Miami took Tua, which I think can and will be a fine pick. However, with how poorly Miami's OL is playing Herbert being bigger and more mobile would be able to make a few more plays than Tua. Plus maybe able to handle a DLman landing on his a little more.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:33 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Phinished wrote:

Never said that dude. Austin Jackson and Igby were reaches….

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:09 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phinished wrote:

Never said that dude. Austin Jackson and Igby were reaches….

We were talking Smith and he was in the 2021 draft. These guys were not. Jackson was not a reach, as he was considered a 1st Rd. prospect. Igby most likely was, because he was considered a 2-3 Rd. prospect. The thing that concerned me most after the pick, he was considered more of an athlete than player. Typically good results do not follow that. See Dion Jordan.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]