All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:30 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

They are all defense. If he weren't injured, I believe that Raekwan Davis would be on this list as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:50 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Too bad the defense can not hold on 3rd downs and stop drives. Phins are a woeful 31st rank in that category!!! WTF! https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-third-down-conversion-pct The offense is really making life miserable for them, but the D was supposed to be the rock the rebuild was built on. The secondary is surrendering way too many yards for all that is invested in that unit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:17 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phinished wrote:
Too bad the defense can not hold on 3rd downs and stop drives. Phins are a woeful 31st rank in that category!!! WTF! https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-third-down-conversion-pct The offense is really making life miserable for them, but the D was supposed to be the rock the rebuild was built on. The secondary is surrendering way too many yards for all that is invested in that unit.

They're giving up big yardage plays on 3rd down. I think they miss McCain more than they let on. I love Brandon Jones, but his coverage skills are not great, but this team shouldn't be surprised. If he didn't do it at Texas, what makes them think he can do it in the pros? Also, a liability in coverage is Coleman as he gives up too many big plays. May as well have Igby in there to learn.

I don't want to take away from what should be a positive post (since there are so many negative posts), but this fits in here. It definitely underlines what I am seeing from Coleman in games.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
Needham — who loves studying his “favorite cornerback” Darrelle Revis, the former Jets star — has played well again this season; quarterbacks have an 86.6 passer rating in his coverage area: 9 completions in 14 throws for 104 yards. In fact, except for the finale last season at Buffalo — when he allowed three touchdown passes — Needham generally has been very good the past calendar year.

Coleman, conversely, has permitted 11 of 12 targets to be caught for 145 yards, which equates to a 117 passer rating in his coverage area.

Byron Jones has been very solid this season; quarterbacks have a 76.3 rating in his coverage area.

Howard has a 102.4 rating in his coverage area.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:04 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Phinished wrote:

They're giving up big yardage plays on 3rd down. I think they miss McCain more than they let on. I love Brandon Jones, but his coverage skills are not great, but this team shouldn't be surprised. If he didn't do it at Texas, what makes them think he can do it in the pros? Also, a liability in coverage is Coleman as he gives up too many big plays. May as well have Igby in there to learn.

I don't want to take away from what should be a positive post (since there are so many negative posts), but this fits in here. It definitely underlines what I am seeing from Coleman in games.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
Needham — who loves studying his “favorite cornerback” Darrelle Revis, the former Jets star — has played well again this season; quarterbacks have an 86.6 passer rating in his coverage area: 9 completions in 14 throws for 104 yards. In fact, except for the finale last season at Buffalo — when he allowed three touchdown passes — Needham generally has been very good the past calendar year.

Coleman, conversely, has permitted 11 of 12 targets to be caught for 145 yards, which equates to a 117 passer rating in his coverage area.

Byron Jones has been very solid this season; quarterbacks have a 76.3 rating in his coverage area.

Howard has a 102.4 rating in his coverage area.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Maybe let Holland or McCourty replace Coleman? I know they are listed as safeties, but how could they be worse? Igby is an awful option….what a crap draft there…..Igby and Austin Jackson….wow.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:14 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Van Ginklesworth is a sneaky assassin. He’s been a real X factor/wildcard on defense since he was drafted.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:28 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Here's another ... Ogbah. Dolphins need to resign this guy.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]