View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 The play call that lost us the game !!! 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post The play call that lost us the game !!!
4th and 2 on the 35, with only 6 min on the clock, down by only one point and kick a field goal !!!! The way we were moving the ball, we should have went for it !!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:49 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: The play call that lost us the game !!!
Thought it was 4th n 6.... But I agree, shoulda went for it....

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:50 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Agreed, but you can't pin the game on 1 call.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:51 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

AOA001 wrote:
Agreed, but you can't pin the game on 1 call.

Thats true, but when they called for a field goal, I looked over and told my buddy it was a mistake....and I was right !!! unfortunately...

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:56 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

We still lost the game. No way to pin it on 1 play. Nothing says that the Jets would have pinned us again later. Something like that totally changes the outcome of the game and the way it plays out.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:59 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

10acjed wrote:
LA Fins Fan wrote:
4th and 2 on the 35, with only 6 min on the clock, down by only one point and kick a field goal !!!! The way we were moving the ball, we should have went for it !!!!

Quote:
4-6-NYJ 32 (6:49) (Field Goal formation) 5-D.Carpenter 50 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-92-J.Denney, Holder-2-B.Fields.

So you wanted Miami to go for it on 4th & 6 down by 4 with over half a quarter left to play?

I wonder though. Had Miami won, because they kicked a FG to win the game, would you be here letting us know how it was a mistake to kick the other one?

Last edited by Dphins4me on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:07 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Amen, Dphins4me

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:09 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Just NO

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:24 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

There were plenty of bad play calls on offense. It is hard to single out just one. I don't understand taking Henne out and going with Ronnie and the spread....Henne threw for well over 300 yards. Just keep the base offense on the field please. Also, that stupid double reverse by slow running backs was putrid. The Ronnie Brown HB pass was another wasted down. Are the Dolphins simply incapable of running draw plays and screen passes? Those plays are designed to take advantage of an aggressive defense. I sure would like to see those plays called once in awhile to slow down the pass rush...and to give our running backs a chance to make a play with some open space.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
There were plenty of bad play calls on offense. It is hard to single out just one. I don't understand taking Henne out and going with Ronnie and the spread....Henne threw for well over 300 yards. Just keep the base offense on the field please. Also, that stupid double reverse by slow running backs was putrid. The Ronnie Brown HB pass was another wasted down. Are the Dolphins simply incapable of running draw plays and screen passes? I sure would like to see those plays called once in awhile to slow down the pass rush...and to give our running backs a chance to make a play with some open space.

Ya, that double reverse was the kind of play calling that is so maddening. Such a high risk of losing yardage on it, which it indeed did .... and yes, I really wish this squad could figure out how to deliver a screen pass.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:35 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I wasn't in love with the blocked punt. I think that cost us the game.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:22 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Dphins4me wrote:
10acjed wrote:
LA Fins Fan wrote:

Quote:
4-6-NYJ 32 (6:49) (Field Goal formation) 5-D.Carpenter 50 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-92-J.Denney, Holder-2-B.Fields.

So you wanted Miami to go for it on 4th & 6 down by 4 with over half a quarter left to play?

I wonder though. Had Miami won, because they kicked a FG to win the game, would you be here letting us know how it was a mistake to kick the other one?

I was think there was about 20 of those kinds of plays last night that lost the game. Didn't they have to settle for a FG because the spread offense put the real offense in a hole to start with? Not sure if that was it. I do know there was plenty of blame to go around and the sad part is they played well enough to win but just gave up too many game changing plays...blocked punt, blown coverage, etc etc

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:57 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Dphins4me wrote:

The way the Jets were moving the ball on offense, yeah I kinda did.... There defense was sucking wind.

While it was a safe call, put the game within 1 point with enough time to stop them and score again, it didnt happen...

I wonder too though had I won the lottery Sat and been watching the game from my penthouse sweet on Grand Cayman would it have been as exciting or more exciting....

But I didnt win the lottery, and the Dolphins did not win by a FG. The jets offense came out, and once again marched down field and scored a TD making it an 8 point game...
You can ask yourself a similar question of what if with the FIns going for it, making it and winning the game by 3...

Thats all I know... Speculation doesnt matter much now does it? I mean had we done alot of things different maybe its a 31-0 Dolphins win.... :youwin: :youwin:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]