All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 22806
Location: Raleigh, NC
Deiter is expected to miss 1-2 months. The Dolphins OL situation is very concerning. At this point the OL should be taking a step forward from last year, and Tua should be growing as a QB. Nothing is working to plan on the offense.

Daniel Oyefusi/Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
Meanwhile, the Dolphins are signing veteran NFL center Austin Reiter, according to a league source, and he could compete with Greg Mancz for the starting job until Michael Deiter returns from a foot injury. Miami plucked Reiter from the Saints’ practice squad on Monday, where he had been elevated to play in one game this season. He fills Deiter’s spot on the 53-man roster. Reiter has started 33 NFL games, including 32 for the Kansas City Chiefs and was the starting center on their 2019 Super Bowl team and the 2020 team that lost the Super Bowl.


Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/ ... rylink=cpy









.

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 22806
Location: Raleigh, NC
The Dolphins may have gotten lucky with this one.

Mike Masala (DolphinsWire/USA Today) wrote:
When a player gets snagged off of another practice squad, it’s not often they play a large role right away. However, it’s also not often that a former starting center is the one being claimed.

After being signed on Monday from the New Orleans Saints, center Austin Reiter has been thrown into the fire. Not even five days into his experience with Miami, he’s getting opportunities to show that he’s still a starting-caliber player at his position.

Reiter played nearly 90% of the snaps for the Chiefs the last two seasons and helped them on their runs to two Super Bowl appearances. In his last three seasons, he was never ranked below seventh for all centers in pass-protection, something Miami desperately needs, by PFF.


https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2021/ ... -practice/

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 8331
Well here's to hoping he rounds into form quickly. The phins need all the help they can get.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 22806
Location: Raleigh, NC
AQNOR wrote:
Well here's to hoping he rounds into form quickly. The phins need all the help they can get.


We've always failed with these retreads, but here's hoping.

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 22806
Location: Raleigh, NC

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:18 am 
Offline
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 677
It's amazing how consistently bad the OL has been for so many years. It's almost as if they went out of their way to not have a decent OL.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 22806
Location: Raleigh, NC
Rick wrote:
It's amazing how consistently bad the OL has been for so many years. It's almost as if they went out of their way to not have a decent OL.


You know, they took a step forward last year with a mix of rookies and veterans, and then they blew it up by changing the OL Coach once again and moved the players all around. Also, the veterans these rookies relied on were not resigned or traded. I do not get the stupidity of these decisions.

Read this crap.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
▪ Former Dolphins offensive tackle Ja’Wuan James said years ago that every time a team changes offensive line coaches, it creates a challenge for the players because each coach teaches technique differently. The Dolphins have had four offensive line coaches in 26 months under head coach Brian Flores. Lemuel Jeanpierre is the second offensive line coach since Austin Jackson and Robert Hunt began their Dolphins careers, and Jackson acknowledged that there has been an “adjustment” moving from Steve Marshall (who was dismissed after the 2020 season) to Jeanpierre, who was the No. 2 offensive line coach last season. There has been “some different stuff” taught with technique this season, Jackson said.


Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:02 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:28 pm
Posts: 2609
Big Dave wrote:
Rick wrote:
It's amazing how consistently bad the OL has been for so many years. It's almost as if they went out of their way to not have a decent OL.


You know, they took a step forward last year with a mix of rookies and veterans, and then they blew it up by changing the OL Coach once again and moved the players all around. Also, the veterans these rookies relied on were not resigned or traded. I do not get the stupidity of these decisions.

Read this crap.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
▪ Former Dolphins offensive tackle Ja’Wuan James said years ago that every time a team changes offensive line coaches, it creates a challenge for the players because each coach teaches technique differently. The Dolphins have had four offensive line coaches in 26 months under head coach Brian Flores. Lemuel Jeanpierre is the second offensive line coach since Austin Jackson and Robert Hunt began their Dolphins careers, and Jackson acknowledged that there has been an “adjustment” moving from Steve Marshall (who was dismissed after the 2020 season) to Jeanpierre, who was the No. 2 offensive line coach last season. There has been “some different stuff” taught with technique this season, Jackson said.


Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy


Stuck on stupid is the slogan for the Phins coaches/GM. This is year 3 and Flores has the team rushing backwards. Grier is just pathetic, wasting extra first round picks on reaches. He also failed to resign a starting guard and cut one who became a starter. Player evaluation in Miami is frankly awful. Grier has to be gone after this season and I would only give Flores another year if he actually accepts an OC who is given full charge of the O. No more yes men.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r