Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Find good in Phillips...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:48 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

...he had his best game, by far. He was active, both showing speed rushing and bull rushing. Once he took the OT right into the QB's feet. On another he had the sack but slipped over Wentz and then was called for a face mask penalty that replays clearly showed he did not commit.

Great turnaround for him as I've been hoping to see something from him. Maybe now the coaches will leave well enough alone, letting him rush the QB his way. No LB crap or covering people. All that was a total waste of training camp time which he could have used to refine the pass rush skills he showed today.

Small nugget in a losing effort but I'll take whatever I can get.

Unfortunately, among all the problems repeated today I paid some attention to Jackson at LT and once again he looked overmatched. I can not believe the coaches see this on film, week in and week out, and persist on this hard headed decision to leave him out there. Make the change! Hunt to RT, Eichenberg to LT, Jackson inside and not for long if he doesn't get his act together. They have to do something. A change of this nature isn't a slam dunk, people playing out of position will not just walk in and do the job but it's time others get a chance even at the expense of some early, and expected, difficulties.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:51 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I hate how this team pissed away first down picks. I think Jackson is a clear bust and Igby was another stupid reach.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:06 pm 

carreramia wrote:
...he had his best game, by far. He was active, both showing speed rushing and bull rushing. Once he took the OT right into the QB's feet. On another he had the sack but slipped over Wentz and then was called for a face mask penalty that replays clearly showed he did not commit.

Great turnaround for him as I've been hoping to see something from him. Maybe now the coaches will leave well enough alone, letting him rush the QB his way. No LB crap or covering people. All that was a total waste of training camp time which he could have used to refine the pass rush skills he showed today.

Small nugget in a losing effort but I'll take whatever I can get.

Unfortunately, among all the problems repeated today I paid some attention to Jackson at LT and once again he looked overmatched. I can not believe the coaches see this on film, week in and week out, and persist on this hard headed decision to leave him out there. Make the change! Hunt to RT, Eichenberg to LT, Jackson inside and not for long if he doesn't get his act together. They have to do something. A change of this nature isn't a slam dunk, people playing out of position will not just walk in and do the job but it's time others get a chance even at the expense of some early, and expected, difficulties.

Yep, give it a shot. But I don't know if Jackson is strong enough to play guard either. He was supposedly young and still growing when they drafted him, but a year and a half later we should be seeing progress.

This team has the tendency to make small mistakes that are disastrous in context. That offsides on the 4th and 3 punt was monumental. Drive-killing penalties on offense and drive-extending penalties on defense. Grant's fumble was inexcusable and I don't see how he is worth a roster spot right now. We are getting nothing from him. Last year I thought we were a mentally tough and disciplined team, but I don't see it this year.

I think we really miss Raekwon Davis and hope he gets back soon. His return and the signs we saw from Phillips today give promise to the defense. Offensively ... I dunno. We need Tua on top of his game and have to throw downfield to Parker more often. Parker, Waddle, and Gesicki are all playmakers. Fuller and Wilson are supposed to be, but they've just been guys.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Too many smurfs on this team. Tired of Grant’s miscues for sure. I wanted him gone before this season.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:00 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phinished wrote:
I hate how this team pissed away first down picks. I think Jackson is a clear bust and Igby was another stupid reach.

It happens. Miami found Needham, so it Igby was playing like Needham, would it be an issue?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:07 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phinished wrote:
Too many smurfs on this team. Tired of Grant’s miscues for sure. I wanted him gone before this season.

We know.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:48 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phinished wrote:

He can be dangerous on returns, but the issue is that he is trying to do too much because we were so far behind and took his eyes off the ball. Very disappointing to see him drop that ball when we needed a score so bad. He played better last year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:38 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I read that both Jackson and Kindley were seen clowning around on the sidelines during the game.

This is the problem with such a young team...immaturity. I was livid when I read that about them.

I'm with you on Phillips. He is getting better every week and could be an elite talent.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:32 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Check this out. I'd like to see plays where they lined him up at OLB and compare the impact. Something tells me that he is a DE, not an OLB.

And, this is not a facemask but a sack.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:38 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Here's a couple clips of Phillips vs TB. Poor guy went from the Hurricanes to the Dolphins.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]