View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 FIRE HENNING!!!! 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post FIRE HENNING!!!!
you all know there are going to be like 800 of these threads, might as well start it and have everyone come on in with it.

but seriously, the Wildcat needs to be retired. We've milked it for all we could, the cow is dead and we're still trying to milk it.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: FIRE HENNING!!!!
Couldn't agree more... the Wildcat killed us.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

agreed.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:22 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Fire your secondary coach is more like it.

-Rex Ryan

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:24 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Can we seriously ban this troll? ^^^^^^ It's getting really annoying.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:29 pm
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

a choon why dont you eff off dude

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:32 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Its not the wildcat....its the wildpat with Ronnie instead of Pat White. In both cases Jake long was on the left side in his normal position ... meaning its just the spread. Stupid.

Do you really think Miami can fire its coordinator and win another game the rest of the year? Lets ban this kind of talk. Henning is a mixture of pure genius followed by a maddening series of stupidity. Maybe we can save this for the off-season

The Jets' fans were taking their lumps before the game...they deserve the ability to come on here and rub it in. :jests:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:38 pm

choon328 wrote:

...and yours just gave up 400yds to Chad Henne......ouch.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:39 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

choon328 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it was the fact your QB got really lucky like 900 times. How many times did he throw it into our Defenders hands I wonder? 15/28.... I say 13 were in the hands of our guys. You guys will run out of luck eventually. ;)

"The task of the leader is to get his people from where they are to where they have not been..."
— Henry Kissinger

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:45 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

choon328 wrote:

Yeah. Cuz Jason Allen was falling down all night. Really? You guys barely challenged Vontae. Because he shutdown anyone he was covering.

You know darn well you lucked out on that TD where Allen falls down. He was in position to make that tackle. It is what is. Enjoy the win... for now. We will come up to NY later in the year and kick your tails.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:51 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Henning is safe. The Dolphins just put up 23 points on a great defense. He had the Jets off balanced most of the game.

Marty Schotteheimer says when things are mixed up, you need to concentrate on the players not the plays to get things figured out.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Mindtornado wrote:
Henning is safe. The Dolphins just put up 23 points on a great defense. He had the Jets off balanced most of the game.

Marty Schotteheimer says when things are mixed up, you need to concentrate on the players not the plays to get things figured out.

A great defense minus it's best pass rusher Calvin Pace and it's best DB Darelle Revis.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:21 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Well....it was the Jets, minus Revis, Pace and others. A good offensive effort though. The blocked punt, bad secondary play and some bad luck (Allen slipping and Langford unable to catch a gift INT that would have been a TD) cost the Dolphins this game.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Some mystery play calls, but overall a good offensive output. Defensively is another story.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

there was one point in the 4th quarter where Ronnie started gouging them on the ground. Then it got to 3 and 2 and instead of pounding Ronnie at them, we try a dumb pass. Incomplete, we punt and the Jets go down the field and score again. Thanks Henning. When you have the defense GASSED in the 4th quarter, POUND THE ROCK!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:49 am

agreed..there were several calls. The blocked punt was our ST's back up why? The offense drives the ball with some pinpoint passes out to the 40 and then Henning rolls out the spread offense with a direct snap to Brown for the 15 time this season. It hasn't worked in 15 tries why is this guy so stupid? Why does he handicap the offense. Yes he puts together a masterful offensive gameplan but its dotted with pure lunacy. Take out his stupid insistance on this failure of an offensive formation and Miami wins this game hands down.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:10 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

all I can hope is that we are LEARNING from these mistakes. We COULD have beat the Jets despite them. The Pats will KILL us if we make the same mistakes!

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:13 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I've been saying thhis for two years now regarding the drive killer...I'm wildcat. Henne is hot and Ronnie throws a deep ball? How about a triple reverse or whatever that thing was that lost us yrds. Kill the cat and let Henne run this offense.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:52 am

The wildcat was shelved last season and hasn't been run in awhile. The spread is what needs to go along with the empty backfield on short yardage. Both are assinine.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:20 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

choon328 wrote:

Choon is probably wondering why we want to fire the guy who orchestrated 24 points of offense. Maybe we should focus our criticism on the defense instead.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:22 am
Profile WWW

Because the game was being dictated by both offenses last night as neither defense could stop the other. Miami's defense had an off night but was complicated by poor STs and an offense that bogged down at critical times due to poor choices from its OC. Miami's defense carried this team on the road against the Bills and Vikings when the offense couldn't wipe its rear with both hands. Miami's D has a bad game and suddenly they lose. Well the Jets D had a bad game as well...guess what they won.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:26 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Ask Mike wrote:
Q: Mike, do you think Dan Henning is holding the offense back? I say that because it seems like the offense is more than capable of breaking out with points if they have to. I think Henning needs to change the offensive philosophy and also stop taking Chad Henne off the field, especially when he is hot. The “Wildcat” is also no longer a threat when every other team is now prepared for it. Laron Taylor, Elizabeth, N.J.

A: Let me start by saying Dan Henning has forgotten more offensive theory than most of his critics will ever know, and yet I, too, am not a big fan of taking Henne off the field for Wildcat shenanigans. Dan Marino, during his weekly appearance on WQAM with old target Joe Rose, expressed much the same reservation about yanking the starting quarterback while pointing out the Jets, when they insert ex-Missouri quarterback Brad Smith for Wildcat snaps, have a more versatile two-way threat than the Dolphins do with Ronnie Brown.

Last night the Dolphins deployed the Wildcat eight times. Seven of those snaps resulted in 6 yards of total offense, plus there was a 10-yard holding penalty on Pat McQuistan that wiped out a short gain for Ronnie and caused the Dolphins to settle for a short field goal that made it 21-20 instead of the go-ahead touchdown.

Most troubling, five separate times the Dolphins went Wildcat directly following Henne completions. He hit Davone Bess for 17 yards to the Jets’ 18 in the second quarter; Dolphins went Wildcat for the next two plays. He hit Brian Hartline for 15 yards to the Jets’ 20; Wildcat for next two plays. He hit Brandon Marshall for 40 yards to the Jets’ 7; Wildcat for the next play (and a holding penalty). Henne hit Hartline for 19 more yards late in the third quarter; here came the Wildcat again. And finally Henne hit Lou Polite for 14 yards to the Jets’ 36; once again, here came the Wildcat and a loss of 6 for Patrick Cobbs on the end-around. “Sometimes you can outtrick yourself,” Chris Collinsworth said on the broadcast, noting the Cobbs counter play off an unbalanced line “blew up.” So, to recap, that was five Henne completions for a combined 105 yards, and they were directly followed by five Wildcat snaps that resulted in minus-12 yards, including the holding penalty, and a vicious hit on Ronnie as he floated a pass downfield that could easily have been intercepted.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:28 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

San Francisco just fired their OC... why can't we? Either can, or have "the man" come down and declare no more of this bullcrap

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:49 am

"Last night the Dolphins deployed the Wildcat eight times. "

I guess I should just give up this fight. Its like the word "ain't". If its used enough, it sticks and becomes a part of a language.
The formation ran last night was a spread offense with RB as the QB. The offense rolled out against NE two years ago with Jake Long next too Carey was the true Wildcat. In any case, I agree it should be shelved.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:50 am

Because we're 2-1 with the current OC and had the defense played better they'd be 3-0....even despite Hennings problems.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:51 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We also could have had 60pts if not for the WILDCAT playcalling...

***ok, let it be known that by popular "opinion" any play and/or formation involving the removal of the listed #1 QB in favor of another "QB" for a play or series of plays is henceforth known as a Wildcat play regardless of actual formation type i.e. spread etc...***

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:55 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Here's another question, where was Davone Bess. He was almost invisible in the second half. Especially on the 3rd and 2 when we went deep. How come no else knows that Davone Bess is a first down machine. Why or why can't we leave him in there to work with Marshall.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:22 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

finfan808 wrote:
Here's another question, where was Davone Bess. He was almost invisible in the second half. Especially on the 3rd and 2 when we went deep. How come no else knows that Davone Bess is a first down machine. Why or why can't we leave him in there to work with Marshall.

Maybe Bess was getting more attention since he hurt the Jets in the 1st half.

That's usually what teams do, they start paying attention to the guy that is hurting them.

Marshall and Hartline took over in the 2nd half so I don't see what the problem is.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:29 am

Ski_Money wrote:
We also could have had 60pts if not for the WILDCAT playcalling...

***ok, let it be known that by popular "opinion" any play and/or formation involving the removal of the listed #1 QB in favor of another "QB" for a play or series of plays is henceforth known as a Wildcat play regardless of actual formation type i.e. spread etc...***

Because the wildcat was a successful offense for Miami. The spread isn't. Why not call it the shotgun? I think getting the terminology correct in this case is important.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:30 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Refering to the unbalanced line single wing correct? Well, people learned how to stop that in 2008. So we went to a direct snap double wingback formation that we ran with a lot of success in Jets game 1 in 2009. Jets showed how to stop that by the 4th qtr, so he comes the Pat White spread...

Enough is enough if you ask me. I don't care what you want to call it. One name is easier then 10.

Whatever it or they is/are, they/it needs to go away.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:34 am

The unbalanced line...ie wildcat wasn't really stopped. Ronnie Brown's injury stopped it last season. The wildcat hasn't been tried in a full half season dating back to last year.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:52 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Makchell wrote:
I've been saying thhis for two years now regarding the drive killer...I'm wildcat. Henne is hot and Ronnie throws a deep ball? How about a triple reverse or whatever that thing was that lost us yrds. Kill the cat and let Henne run this offense.

I actually feel bad for Henne. Its like he has to overcome the defense & our strange decisions. The reverse to Marshall, the Ronnie pass, & not having a go to plan at 4th & goal were all strange.

Are we protecting Ronnie by not playing our power game yet? Henne had to put up monster numbers against a good D just for us to have a chance.

That being said, firing a coach week 4 after a 2-1 start is one of the stupidest ideas you can put on this forum. The season would be lost if we started with a new program. This game is learning & adjusting & learning again

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:04 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

It's fascinating. He's clearly a smart guy and knows football. Sometimes the playcalling is just perfect, and then other times it's just plain dumb.

I really think Coach Sparano should take over playcalling. He was sought after as an OC by MANY teams and instead came for the Head Coach gig here.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:28 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
It's fascinating. He's clearly a smart guy and knows football. Sometimes the playcalling is just perfect, and then other times it's just plain dumb.

It's perfect when it works and dumb when it doesn't.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

It's perfect when it works and dumb when it doesn't.

There's a difference between something not working once, and even twice. But the WC is killing drives consistently, and it's a play that none of us want to see. It's not working, the fans know it's not working and he still decides to run it.

On a slightly side note....Wow. Ronnie can fling it. Lol. That ball must have gone 40 years in the air?

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It's a matter of when to use it. In the middle of the field on 2nd and 10 is not a good place for it. 3rd and goal from the 2 is a good place to use it.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:28 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
There's a difference between something not working once, and even twice.

I agree, but the majority here wanted to see a continuation of the Wildcat while some of us asked to scrap it.

Now that it isn't working, more people want it scrapped.

Playing the results.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:29 pm

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
There's a difference between something not working once, and even twice.

I agree, but the majority here wanted to see a continuation of the Wildcat while some of us asked to scrap it.

Playing the results.

I wanted to see it. But not in the middle of great drives. When your offense is struggling, or on a 1st and goal from the 2 or 3 type of situation, fine. But, like iowa said, the selection has been horrific.

And the type of play has been awful. A spread formation with Ronnie taking the direct snap? Are you joking?? The the only formation we should be using out of the WC, as far as I'm concerned, is the I-formation, Ronnie takes the direct snap, Ricky in motion, Henne off the field, 11 RB's, TE's and O-lineman on the field; let Ronnie pound it up the middle for 2 or 3 yards. We need to ditch the finesse, creative crap.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:37 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I for now on am referring to the Wildcat, Spread Offense, or any other similar hair brained scheme offense as the 'drive killer offense', or DKO for short.

I am not opposed to keeping the wildcat, but it needs to be used inside the redzone, preferably from the 10 or closer, and only sparingly. It can be an effective offensive weapon when used sparingly and in a place like the redzone where there is not much yardage to gain, and the defense is pinned back; it just gives them one other thing to worry about.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:57 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Playing the results.

Some people need more "proof" than others. I guess two years to catch up makes sense... :hithead:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next