Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Local coverage....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:29 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

No, Phinished and I didn't write these, but there are links to the writer's emails so for a change the bubbling wrath should be directed at them.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... 68698.html

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/mia ... story.html

Post subject: Re: Local coverage....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:45 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Can't read them behind the pay wall but I suspect they are calling for Grier's decision making with Austin Jackson playing terribly, Noah Igbinoghene being inactive twice and the overall lack of resources devoted to both the OL and running game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:07 am 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Notice that Flores does not admit how badly he failed at having an NFL level OL. It was the obvious problem yesterday and yet he makes no mention of the OL in his statement. I guess we got our answer on whether the managers or Flores give a crap about fixing the offensive line.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:30 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

jammer wrote:
Can't read them behind the pay wall but I suspect they are calling for Grier's decision making with Austin Jackson playing terribly, Noah Igbinoghene being inactive twice and the overall lack of resources devoted to both the OL and running game.

well, all that is a given and hardly bears repeating but no, there was actually stuff directed at the coaching staff, for once.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:35 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

carreramia wrote:
No, Phinished and I didn't write these, but there are links to the writer's emails so for a change the bubbling wrath should be directed at them.

No offense (yep, the Dolphins didn't have one either), but no need to post those links. I do have the Miami Herald, and if Dave Hyde wrote more articles a week, I'd get the Sun Sentinel subscription, too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:42 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big Dave wrote:
but no need to post those links. .

Local coverage, both pro and con, should be part of most interested Fins fans and I see links and videos posted from other sources so I'm curious as to why. Ultimately of course I will defer if you deem it so.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:46 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

carreramia wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

Local coverage, both pro and con, should be part of most interested Fins fans and I see links and videos posted from other sources so I'm curious as to why. Ultimately of course I will defer if you deem it so.

Sorry that I wasn't clear there. The links are a must, but we need a small snippet of the article on the point you are trying to make from it. If you just post the link, most people here who cannot read it and it doesn't help them to see your point.

Like this ...

Greg Cote (Miami Herald) wrote:
The Miami Dolphins on Sunday surrendered in every way to the rival Buffalo Bills, 35-0, in the worst home-opening effort and result in the franchise’s 56 years. It made UM’s 38-17 loss to underdog Michigan State seem like a valiant fight to the finish.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:51 am 

Quote:
The Miami Dolphins on Sunday surrendered in every way to the rival Buffalo Bills, 35-0, in the worst home-opening effort and result in the franchise’s 56 years. ...

We were prepared for [what Buffalo’s defense brought],” said Brissett afterward. “Obviously, it didn’t look like we were prepared for it.” ...

The offensive line stunk. Receivers kept dropping passes — including DeVante Parker literally letting a touchdown slip right through his hands. Even penalties hurt, not the norm. Miami has been the least penalized team in the NFL since Brian Flores took over in 2019, but Sunday the Fins had nine for 83 yards. It seemed like more. ...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:56 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big Dave wrote:
carreramia wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

Sorry that I wasn't clear there. The links are a must, but we need a small snippet of the article on the point you are trying to make from it. If you just post the link, most people here who cannot read it and it doesn't help them to see your point.

Like this ...

Greg Cote (Miami Herald) wrote:
The Miami Dolphins on Sunday surrendered in every way to the rival Buffalo Bills, 35-0, in the worst home-opening effort and result in the franchise’s 56 years. It made UM’s 38-17 loss to underdog Michigan State seem like a valiant fight to the finish.

got it, thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:00 am 

Quote:
The single Dolphins running backs on those plays — Myles Gaskin on the first sack; Malcolm Brown on the second — stepped up to block inside the line. Should they have stepped outside to block?

“He didn’t see the blitz,” one NFL scout said, meaning Tua didn’t see it. He didn’t see the defensive back lined up to blitz. He didn’t move protection there. Then he never saw the blitz as it came and got sacked. Football always needs a translator, but if that’s what happened it’s on Tua. ...

To another issue: Why did this big hit happen? Because the right tackle position has been a fail by this organization. You can love Davis. You want him on your team. He is veteran and versatile. He plays hard despite having a knee issue since the summer.

He also wasn’t Plan A for right tackle. Rookie Liam Eichenberg was. That’s why Grier traded up with a second- and third-round pick for him. It’s why Eichenberg spent all offseason learning right tackle … until he moved to left guard as a reserve … and started Game 1 at left tackle (due to COVID-19 fallout).

Davis soon left Sunday’s game due to his bad knee ...

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]