Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 
 Post subject: Heads need to roll…..
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:10 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

First, whoever is coaching the offensive line….fired. The players do not understand blocking schemes and play with very little toughness.

Second, whoever is scouting, choosing, trading for or drafting these linemen are doing an awful job. Along with that, the offensive game plans are putrid. You just can’t drop back to pass every down with a line that can not pass block. Get back to basics, because that is all these simpletons might be able to handle. I do not care if they punt every series. You can not have that many hits on your QB every week. Eventually, they might learn to run block…if they can not learn that, then you do not need them on your team.

Third, bench Austin Jackson. He is flat trash. Davis probably should not play tackle either. Both tackles were just letting edge rushers go and double teaming the inside rushers. Just stupid play.

Fourth, why does it look like Solomon Kindley ate the Solomon Kindley who played last year? WTF

I really like what I see from our defense. They played hard and got turnovers. The Dolphin turnovers and failing to convert on multiple 4th downs just made it easier for a potent Bills’ offense. We have half a football team.

Finally….just flush the whole coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball. It is hard to imagine players at this level performing so badly if they were properly coached. Our offensive line has sucked for far too long. Heads must roll….discipline needs to be restored…..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:31 pm 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

I'd say everyone on this forum knows more about football than me. So I ask this question with genuine curiosity. What has caused the 12 or more straight years of a terrible offensive line? Is it because even when Miami got coaches who have built offensive lines before, the GM is not allowing them to make the trades they want? Or is it because every darn coach that comes to Miami has not ever tried to fix the offensive line with true focus and hard work?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:37 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rick wrote:
I'd say everyone on this forum knows more about football than me. So I ask this question with genuine curiosity. What has caused the 12 or more straight years of a terrible offensive line? Is it because even when Miami got coaches who have built offensive lines before, the GM is not allowing them to make the trades they want? Or is it because every darn coach that comes to Miami has not ever tried to fix the offensive line with true focus and hard work?

Well…we do know that one O line coach was using cocaine… https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... onsultant/
and Jonathan Martin was a cancer https://www.si.com/nfl/2014/02/14/richi ... tin-report
that cost us picks and led to the demise of our only guard who could block, Richie Incognito. We then , iirc, got some stability on the line with high priced free agents who then, like clockwork, would go down with injuries, taking our hopes with them. Since then, the team has thrown pick after pick after pick at the line with a seeming inability to either identify talent, coach it, or both. Oh…we also trade away good players, like Tunsil. It is mind-numbing. It has gone on for so long now that the problems must be in so many places that an overhaul is needed. I would find an offensive coordinator with a long track record of putting together a strong running game and give him total control, especially of the talent we acquire on the offensive side of the ball. Flores seems really good at coaching up a defense and getting good players on that side of the ball, but right now there is no balance on this team….the offense stinks.

Last edited by Phinished on Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:41 pm 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Thank you. Appreciate your knowledgeable recap. I'm just so disappointed as I know how long it's been a problem.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:52 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Let the emotion wear off and reassess things through the week.

The only thing you cannot deny is the concern that Miami is on their 3rd OC (or OCs in this case) in three years.

Getting Eichenberg at LT is a start. Don't forget that Jesse Davis blew his assignment last week that helped lead to the interception. This week he got Tua knocked out and more.

Today was a train wreck but there is still a lot of football to play.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:53 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rick wrote:
Thank you. Appreciate your knowledgeable recap. I'm just so disappointed as I know how long it's been a problem.

…..as are we all. It defies logic how consistently bad the team has been at creating an NFL caliber O line. The problem must exist at many levels….scouting, coaching, game planning…..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:55 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:

The only thing you cannot deny is the concern that Miami is on their 3rd OC (or OCs in this case) in three years.

Getting Eichenberg at LT is a start. Don't forget that Jesse Davis blew his assignment last week that helped lead to the interception. This week he got Tua knocked out and more.

They might yet figure something out, but really….how can the O line be so bad for so long. It seems that coaching/scouting incompetence is being allowed to hang around for just too long…

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:26 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Phinished wrote:
jammer wrote:

They might yet figure something out, but really….how can the O line be so bad for so long. It seems that coaching/scouting incompetence is being allowed to hang around for just too long…

I think there are a bunch of guys they are giving too much rope to. Preston Williams, Jakeem Grant, Solomon Kindley, Jesse Davis, not having a RB they trust with 15 carries per game...

And yes, something is wrong with the OC situation.

Not every week is going to be the Bills so I'll let the emotions ease up before going nuts. But there are some guys in key spots who will not hold up against better opponents.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:30 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Phinished wrote:
jammer wrote:

I think there are a bunch of guys they are giving too much rope to. Preston Williams, Jakeem Grant, Solomon Kindley, Jesse Davis, not having a RB they trust with 15 carries per game...

And yes, something is wrong with the OC situation.

Not every week is going to be the Bills so I'll let the emotions ease up before going nuts. But there are some guys in key spots who will not hold up against better opponents.

The Raiders will be hard to beat, but there is this……the Raiders had to move the ball through the air today and that is going at our defense’s strength. Problem is, I do not think we have an offense capable of putting up very many points at all this year.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:50 pm 

The current owner and Chris Grier in some capacity have been a consistent presence throughout the recent struggles at the o line positions if I remember correctly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:16 pm 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

If the Miami Dolphins offensive line coach brought his lineup and training to any other NFL head coach or GM. https://ibb.co/6w3nJgw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:26 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Greer sucks as a GM and needs to go. He had top five picks two years in a row and failed to do anything significant with them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:59 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Phinished wrote:
The Raiders will be hard to beat, but there is this……the Raiders had to move the ball through the air today and that is going at our defense’s strength. Problem is, I do not think we have an offense capable of putting up very many points at all this year.

Derek Carr has always been streaky but he's cooking right now. If you take Waller out of the game you at least have the potential to make Carr fold. The Raiders' defense has been clutch against quality opponents.

Miami's offense has the ability to put up points but yesterday showed major issues with the OL and a surprising lack of mental toughness on the offense. They were clearly rattled.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:31 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:

I'm still in puke mode, so, I may have to give it a few more days. You don't play your first home game looking as unprepared as they did against a very important AFC East rival.

jammer wrote:

I think flipping everyone around wasn't a good idea either. Add to it that they are still developing chemistry and played both the Patriots and the Bills who have good coaching and players up front.

Maybe Flores should just keep Lem Jeanpierre and add an offensive assistant savvy about teaching an OL. I don't see any wisdom in shedding OCs every year like you're taking off your pants for the day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:36 am 

jammer wrote:

Miami's offense has the ability to put up points but yesterday showed major issues with the OL and a surprising lack of mental toughness on the offense. They were clearly rattled.

Seemed to me the bills are in the Phins heads and they have a mental hurdle to clear as well as physical mechanics to improve.

Need more professionalism, maturity (the Phins have a young team) and better coaching.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:42 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Only heads that will roll are those of the Raiders!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:06 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:

Seemed to me the bills are in the Phins heads and they have a mental hurdle to clear as well as physical mechanics to improve.

Need more professionalism, maturity (the Phins have a young team) and better coaching.

I do agree. The worst games Miami has played over the past few yrs have came against the Bills.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:45 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FINesse wrote:

You're back!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:16 pm 

Big Dave wrote:
FINesse wrote:

You're back![/quote

Well Dave. Its a much better response than firing everybody after week 2 with a 1-1 record.
(And I never left)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:33 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
FINesse wrote:

You're back![/quote

Well Dave. Its a much better response than firing everybody after week 2 with a 1-1 record.
(And I never left)

Hey homer, the offensive line has sucked for longer than 2 weeks…..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:28 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phinished wrote:
FINesse wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
FINesse wrote:

You're back![/quote

(And I never left)

Hey homer, the offensive line has sucked for longer than 2 weeks…..

That's partly because they blew up all the progress they made last year by moving everyone to a new position.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:29 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Quote:
That's partly because they blew up all the progress they made last year by moving everyone to a new position.

Thata boy! Now ur catching on....and I’ll add the offensive coordinators, they are offensive alright, don’t know how to call a game with a stationary QB and poorly coached o-line.

Something has to give.

I can hear the blame game in Flores’ office: the OCs yelling, it’s that guy running the o-line, we keep telling him to move Hunt back to T and get Eichenberg in there at LT or LG! We can’t even use Gesicki, he can’t block my grandmother!

Next, the o-line guy is called on the carpet, and he’s yelling, it’s those two guys, and who’s in charge there anyway!? How do you know who to hold responsible? All they do is point the finger at the other?! How do they expect me to block seven guys when the other side knows we don’t move the QB around, we don’t misdirect, they know the kid will be seven yards in the backfield, he's like a sitting duck!....and what are we doing with Waddle? Didn’t everyone say we have another Tyreek Hill?! Let’s use Waddle like KC does with Hill !! And......

....Flores just throws up his arms, gets up and runs into the defensive coaches room and hides.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:19 pm 

carreramia wrote:
Quote:

Thata boy! Now ur catching on....and I’ll add the offensive coordinators, they are offensive alright, don’t know how to call a game with a stationary QB and poorly coached o-line.

Something has to give.

I can hear the blame game in Flores’ office: the OCs yelling, it’s that guy running the o-line, we keep telling him to move Hunt back to T and get Eichenberg in there at LT or LG! We can’t even use Gesicki, he can’t block my grandmother!

Next, the o-line guy is called on the carpet, and he’s yelling, it’s those two guys, and who’s in charge there anyway!? How do you know who to hold responsible? All they do is point the finger at the other?! How do they expect me to block seven guys when the other side knows we don’t move the QB around, we don’t misdirect, they know the kid will be seven yards in the backfield, he's like a sitting duck!....and what are we doing with Waddle? Didn’t everyone say we have another Tyreek Hill?! Let’s use Waddle like KC does with Hill !! And......

....Flores just throws up his arms, gets up and runs into the defensive coaches room and hides.

We now tune in to Mr. Rogers neighborhood specifically the land of make believe and listen in on the musings of King Friday XIII.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:52 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AQNOR wrote:
carreramia wrote:
Quote:

Something has to give.

We now tune in to Mr. Rogers neighborhood specifically the land of make believe and listen in on the musings of King Friday XIII.

Your typical nothing, Good job.

Not!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:15 am 

carreramia wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
carreramia wrote:
Quote:

Something has to give.

Not!

Lol, an interesting observation given that nothing you mentioned actually took place. Except of course in your land of make believe.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:37 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AQNOR wrote:
carreramia wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
carreramia wrote:

Something has to give.

Not!

Lol, an interesting observation given that nothing you mentioned actually took place. Except of course in your land of make believe.

No shiieeet Sherlock! How in the world did I think I could get that past you....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:23 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:

Sometimes I'd like to be a fly on the wall and hear what going on. What I do know is that, so far, what they thought would be progress is a step backwards. I think they looked at that Bills game last year and made changes along the OL trying to beat the Bills. Right now, they're more than likely trying to stick to the plan thinking that it will all work out once they gain gametime experience, but I don't think it will. For one thing, Davis should not be in charge of protecting Tua's blindside. Give it back to Hunt even though he struggled last year as well in the Bills game.

Eich - A-Jack - Deiter - Davis/Solomon - Hunt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:20 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Big Dave wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Stop pawning off my thoughts as your own Dave!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:33 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Stop pawning off my thoughts as your own Dave!!!

But, did you didn't come up with a cool nickname for Austin Jackson as I did?

:haha

I wonder if they are hesitant to make serious changes at guard due to the fact that Deiter is new at the position in the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:12 am 

carreramia wrote:

No shiieeet Sherlock! How in the world did I think I could get that past you....

There there now grandpa don’t get too worked up, you didn’t miss your nap time again did you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:22 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AQNOR wrote:
carreramia wrote:

There there now grandpa don’t get too worked up, you didn’t miss your nap time again did you.

Ya, ya, you’re just too fast....what I’d give to be 15 yrs old again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:04 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Flores is safe, but this is what bothers me the most about this offensive line ... Flores rebooting the coaching process every year killing any chance of chemistry. Instead of helping this group, he has hurt it in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:47 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big Dave wrote:
Flores is safe, but this is what bothers me the most about this offensive line ... Flores rebooting the coaching process every year killing any chance of chemistry. Instead of helping this group, he has hurt it in my opinion.

As Hank Stram would have said, I see we are all slowly “matriculating" to the bottom line.......but I have to ask, why would you think Flores is safe? What has he done? The NE thing won’t save him, his tough exterior won’t either. It’s all about results, so inevitably, every coach, sooner or later, is on the hot seat, and he’s no different.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:34 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

carreramia wrote:
.but I have to ask, why would you think Flores is safe? What has he done? The NE thing won’t save him, his tough exterior won’t either. It’s all about results, so inevitably, every coach, sooner or later, is on the hot seat, and he’s no different.

Yep, it's all about results. What did he do with a team that should have gone 0-16 two years ago? He went 5-11 with a 5-4 record the last 9 games. What did he do last year? He went 10-6 which would have given him a playoff record any other year. He's 1-1 right now. I think anyone thinking he is on the hot seat must be sitting with a crystal ball, because I don't see it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:04 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:

Yep, it's all about results. What did he do with a team that should have gone 0-16 two years ago? He went 5-11 with a 5-4 record the last 9 games. What did he do last year? He went 10-6 which would have given him a playoff record any other year. He's 1-1 right now. I think anyone thinking he is on the hot seat must be sitting with a crystal ball, because I don't see it.

Gotta remember Dave, there are fans that if a team loses everyone needs to be fired. If a coach makes a mistake, he needs to fired. Every call, every game, every pick is supposed to be the right call or they need to be fired.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:36 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big Dave wrote:
carreramia wrote:
.but I have to ask, why would you think Flores is safe? What has he done? The NE thing won’t save him, his tough exterior won’t either. It’s all about results, so inevitably, every coach, sooner or later, is on the hot seat, and he’s no different.

I hope ur right and we all want stability but that can only be earned with actual progress, and so far more questions exist, not much different than the situation they've lived with the last couple of years. Removing the Tua question may be a blessing in disguise. He'll be out for several weeks, maybe longer, and the agonizing experience of waiting for him to prove himself is at the very least postponed, allowing Flores time to establish Brissett in this offense in a whole different manner than the kids gloves they were using with Tua. It's on Flores.

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]