Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bills vs Phins
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:53 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Bills go down at home.........the Team pretty much disappeared in the 2nd half. The Bills might not be what we thought they were.

A win gives the Phins a 2 game lead over the Bills and 2 wins in the Division. Sunday's Miami forecast is 87 deg with 84% humidity. Got to keep it close going in to the 4th.

The Bill's Quarter Billion Dollar Man........

Post subject: Re: Bills vs Phins
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:55 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Why keep it close going into the 4th when you can slit the throat and be up by 2 tds and a fg going into 10 mins left in the 4th?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:05 pm 

Up tempo the whole game if you can on O. Wear them out. Make them hook up ivs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:24 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It is going to be so hot in MIA sunday.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:28 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

00xtremeninja wrote:
Why keep it close going into the 4th when you can slit the throat and be up by 2 tds and a fg going into 10 mins left in the 4th?

That would be a better option.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:25 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Makchell wrote:

Is that the forecast or wishful thinking?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:57 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

jammer wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Is that the forecast or wishful thinking?

Wishful thinking, and I ain’t talking weather....the game is at 1pm, perfect for the Dolphins one would say but to wear someone down you have to have dominant fronts, and in that respect, Buffalo has Miami beat hands down. NE isn’t very good, neither of their fronts compare to Buffalo’s in terms of physicality, and they still managed to dominate the TOP, by almost 15 minutes, limiting Tua to only 4 out of 11 third down conversions while NE went 11 of 16.

It’ll be outstanding if Miami can keep it close.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:26 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Bills were playing a much better team yesterday and had a bad day. This Sunday we will no longer be alone atop the AFCE.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:01 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We will need 3 turnovers to win this one. The Steelers looked much improved on D. Also, things might have changed if Allen had not overthrown a wide open TD pass in the first fall….dude threw a rocket about 70 yards with a flick of the wrist. If Miami were to win, then this might be the year they win a playoff game!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:27 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I pity the Bills.
31-7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:39 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It's going to be a great game at home. The Bills owned us last year, but seem to be off to a slow start. I have not doubt they'll own the division, but let's hope the spirit of Bryan Cox lifts us to a W.

BTW, his son plays for the Bills although he is on IR with a achilles injury. Crazy that pops may have to cheer for his son at Rich stadium.

:))

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:48 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Vegas only has the Bills favored by 3.

If Tua can keep up those quick throws I believe the speed of Waddle, Fuller and Gaskin will be a problem for Buffalo. The more I watch the more I think Tua did better than we give him credit for (still not saying he was great, but he made some nice throws).

Can Miami's defense put enough pressure on Josh Allen to make him look like he did against Buffalo? That is the tougher question.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:09 pm 

I hope some home cooking will help the oline hold it together better.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:24 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Rotate our 4 speed guys and make their DBs run deep routes for the first half. They'll be begging for mercy in a sweaty, cramped up pile of heat exhaustion. NO MERCY. (Insert Cobra Kai meme)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:10 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Wonder if the Bills will try to take away those quick slants to Parker and force Tua to go down field more. That could lead to either huge plays or dangerous throws.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:11 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Wonder if the Bills will try to take away those quick slants to Parker and force Tua to go down field more. That could lead to either huge plays or dangerous throws.

Taking away quick slants is really, really hard to do. Especially if the throw is there and the WR has a big body and uses it well….Green Bay rode that horse for over a decade.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:35 pm 

I asked Alain Poupart what he saw from the Steelers v. Bills game that might give us some insight on how to game plan for Sunday, given our personnel. I hope he takes a shot at answering; he's usually a pretty good read imo.

Paging Dr. Lecter!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:42 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think it will be a rough year on offense. The line is still not very good and we did not really add the kind of running back that might help that line to look better. Maybe next year. Why is it so hard for this team to put together an offensive line?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:37 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phinished wrote:
I think it will be a rough year on offense. The line is still not very good and we did not really add the kind of running back that might help that line to look better. Maybe next year. Why is it so hard for this team to put together an offensive line?

I'll be honest with you, most of the high drafted backs didn't do much last week. Heck, they killed me in both my FFLs, too. What happened to the days of a bell cow back? Offenses have changed which features the receivers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:47 pm 

k-dash wrote:
I asked Alain Poupart what he saw from the Steelers v. Bills game that might give us some insight on how to game plan for Sunday, given our personnel. I hope he takes a shot at answering; he's usually a pretty good read imo.

Paging Dr. Lecter!

Quote:
From Ken Dasher (@kdash65):

Bonjour, Alain! What do you see in the Bills v. Steelers tape that you think we can use to our advantage, given our personnel? I was surprised at the outcome tbh.

I picked the Bills to win the game, while understanding it wasn’t going to be easy against a very, very, very good Pittsburgh defense. Where the Steelers succeeded defensively was in getting pressure on Josh Allen and never letting him be comfortable in the pocket. Beyond that, the Steelers tackled really well in that game. Where the Dolphins will have an issue duplicating what Pittsburgh did is that the Steelers generally got pressure with four guys rushing, allowing them to have seven in coverage. The Dolphins don’t always succeed at getting pressure on the quarterback rushing only four. That will be the biggest challenge.Thanks

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/mi ... n-and-more

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:37 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Bills will come back with a vengeance and probably embarass us.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:42 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

:))

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:18 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I actually picked the Dolphins in a surprise win this weekend. The Bills are very good, so, I really don't see them going 0-2 back-to-back this year, but I'm calling on that Dolphins magic. When you beat the Patriots with a turnover and running out the clock, you've got to start to believe that saying that "good teams get the lucky breaks".

Greg Cote (Miami Herald) wrote:
Cote’s pick: BUF 27-20.

TV: 1 p.m., Fox.

Buffalo’s big offense got humbled by Steelers last week, while Miami was lucking out a fortunate win at New England thanks to the gift of a late Pats turnover. That made Tua Tagovailoa the youngest quarterback ever to beat Bill Belichick in Foxborough, Massachusetts. But into Week 2 comes both the feeling the Bills and Josh Allen are due a breakout game — and the doubt whether the Fins and Tua can hang with Buffs in a shootout. The trouble is, Bills have been a matchup nightmare of late. Buffalo has won five straight in this AFC East series and averaged 39.4 points doing it. Buffs rang up 56 points in last meeting (picking off Tua three times) to deny Miami a playoff spot last season. I predicted Miami would win at Pats last week. I’m also predicting they will have a tougher time at home Sunday against a better team, and one the Fins defense hasn’t been able to stop much lately. And Miami now missing defensive tackle Raekwon Davis to injury is a sneaky-big loss, by the way. Miami will need a huge defensive showing in its home opener or unusually big numbers and points from Tua. Gotta have one to stay close, maybe both to win.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:55 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Will Fuller is out for the game. Non injury. No report of COVID.

No idea what is going on.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:48 pm 

Rich wrote:
Bills will come back with a vengeance and probably embarass us.
I'm feeling that as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:41 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Vegas only has the Bills favored by 3.

If Vegas is only giving them 3 up in Buffalo that means they see Miami & Bills somewhat equal. Expect Buffalo to get back to speed the next few weeks.

Edit: So it’s in Miami. That makes infinite more sense.

Last edited by AFCMiamiEast on Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:44 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

k-dash wrote:
Rotate our 4 speed guys and make their DBs run deep routes for the first half. They'll be begging for mercy in a sweaty, cramped up pile of heat exhaustion. NO MERCY. (Insert Cobra Kai meme)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:05 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Latest Miami forecast is 87 deg, 78% humidity with chance of showers in the afternoon. The more sun the better, hope the clouds stay away.

The last time they played, the Phins looked like Western Kentucky vs Alabama. That game was such an embarrassment. Tho, it's encouraging Vegas had the line at only 3.0, now 3.5, they're trying to tempt folks to take the Bills. Maybe Teams looked at how KC played the Bills and have figured something out. Their O has been anemic the last 2 outings.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:19 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Greg Cote (Miami Herald) wrote:
Cote’s pick: BUF 27-20.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

27-20? If the Dolphins manage a one possession defeat it would signal improvements on both offense and defense and I'd take it hands down. For Bills fans, who have dancing visions of SBs this year, coming on the heels of an unexpected defeat at home in week 1, it may instead signal a rush to be first over the falls.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:40 pm 
Honorary BILLS Fan
Honorary BILLS Fan

It should be an interesting game, as early season games often are.

As disappointing as the Bills were last week, it really was not all that different than their last two meetings against Pittsburgh which have been close and are decided by non-offensive TDs (last year the Bills had a pick 6, this year the Steelers had a blocked punt TD)

The heat will not help them, but the Bills do have a deep DL they can rotate and have depth at WR (assuming Gabe Davis plays)
The interior of the Bills OL can be vulnernable to power and strength (John Feliciano is a liability and I was not a fan the contract they gave him). LT Dion Dawkins had a very bad bout of Covid and is still getting his strength and conditioning back.
Bills fans are really hoping the team we saw last year shows up and there is some bounce back. Starting 0-2, with a loss in the East, is obviously not desirable for where the team is expected to be.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:16 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

DrLecter wrote:
It should be an interesting game, as early season games often are.

As disappointing as the Bills were last week, it really was not all that different than their last two meetings against Pittsburgh which have been close and are decided by non-offensive TDs (last year the Bills had a pick 6, this year the Steelers had a blocked punt TD)

The heat will not help them, but the Bills do have a deep DL they can rotate and have depth at WR (assuming Gabe Davis plays)
The interior of the Bills OL can be vulnernable to power and strength (John Feliciano is a liability and I was not a fan the contract they gave him). LT Dion Dawkins had a very bad bout of Covid and is still getting his strength and conditioning back.
Bills fans are really hoping the team we saw last year shows up and there is some bounce back. Starting 0-2, with a loss in the East, is obviously not desirable for where the team is expected to be.

It's always great to get a guest appearance from you, Tom, before a big divisional Bills/Dolphins game. I just think the Steelers defense matches up well against your offense which is why it's always a good game between you both. And, your team matches up well against us. Unlike Pittsburgh, we blitz the heck out of a team, and your offense thrives on that. We did draft Jaelon Phillips with the hopes he would be the answer, but it will be slow going for him and I can see us going DE early next year in the draft. I'm looking forward to a competitive game.

I created this video clip years ago and put it on youtube.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:45 pm 
Honorary BILLS Fan
Honorary BILLS Fan

I absolutely did not expect this today. Obviously I am happy with the result, but the entire game was just weird. In some ways it was the least dominant 35-0 win I have watched.

A few, semi random thoughts

1. Buffalo's defense is much better this year. Rousseau is a pleasant surprise. The entire pass rush is much improved
2. Miami's offense kept shooting themselves in the foot. The calls to go for in on 4th down were correct even if they did no convert.
3. Allen is still off. If he had been hitting plays he should have I would feel better.
4. I am not sure why they called grounding on Brisset. That was bad
5. If what Levi Wallace did was taunting, then there should be 10+ taunting calls every single game.
6. Matt Millen was worse on commentary than Miami's pass blocking.
7.I feel bad for Tua. There is no way to evaluate him if they don't give him a few seconds in the pocket. Miami could not block the Bills DL and nobody picked up a blitzer. I am not sure who was missing those calls.

Next week the Bills play Washington. Allen needs to be better against that defense for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:56 pm 

DrLecter wrote:
I absolutely did not expect this today. Obviously I am happy with the result, but the entire game was just weird. In some ways it was the least dominant 35-0 win I have watched.

A few, semi random thoughts

1. Buffalo's defense is much better this year. Rousseau is a pleasant surprise. The entire pass rush is much improved
2. Miami's offense kept shooting themselves in the foot. The calls to go for in on 4th down were correct even if they did no convert.
3. Allen is still off. If he had been hitting plays he should have I would feel better.
4. I am not sure why they called grounding on Brisset. That was bad
5. If what Levi Wallace did was taunting, then there should be 10+ taunting calls every single game.
6. Matt Millen was worse on commentary than Miami's pass blocking.
7.I feel bad for Tua. There is no way to evaluate him if they don't give him a few seconds in the pocket. Miami could not block the Bills DL and nobody picked up a blitzer. I am not sure who was missing those calls.

Next week the Bills play Washington. Allen needs to be better against that defense for sure.

Tough loss for the Phins and fans, you are a class act. I would wish you more success if you were not in the same division. : )

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]