All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:46 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I just saw that Marques Douglass and Charles Grant were not picked up by any other NFL teams. The same goes with offensive linemen Jake Grove and Donald Thomas. Grant is playing for the Omaha Nighthawks of the UFL.

I bring this up to point out the panic that some people had when these guys were released a few weeks ago. Apparently the rest of the NFL did not think that Dolphins were giving away great talent or leadership.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:21 am 
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

I thought Grove was signed by the Jags....I was 99% sure.

Oh well. I assume that Grove is sour towards the organization, so, not sure if he would come back if there was an injury.

I'm surprised we haven't signed Douglas with Odrick's injury. They must have a lot of confidence in Soliai.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:07 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
I thought Grove was signed by the Jags....I was 99% sure.

Oh well. I assume that Grove is sour towards the organization, so, not sure if he would come back if there was an injury.

I'm surprised we haven't signed Douglas with Odrick's injury. They must have a lot of confidence in Soliai.

I couldn't find Gove on the Jags roster...but don't forget we did trade Smiley to them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:09 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'd LOVE to see Grove comeback for a Vet minimum deal. He can sit out a year and likely ruin his career, or he can at least be a back up in the NFL, get paid, and stay relevant.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:22 am 
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

bring this up to point out the panic that some people had when these guys were released a few weeks ago.

:awe: Thank you...Not me. I was laughing when the board was lighting up when these were released. The coaching staff was panicking, remember? Good post.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]