View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 
 Jason Taylor calls Bill Parcells a "douche" 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Jason Taylor calls Bill Parcells a "douche"
Wow. What a classless loser.

He offered you a contract and you denied it. What did you think he would beg you to come back? We don't even need you JT...you wanted out for a 2nd time, and for a 2nd time it's come back to bite you in the butt.

JT can go to hell...
Quote:
@Omarkelly reports former Dolphins LB Jason Taylor called Bill Parcells a "douche" on miami radio

http://twitter.com/MikeBerardino/status/25442464988

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:34 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Jason Taylor calls Bill Parcells a "douche"
Maybe this is just an accurate description, as I understand it a "d**che" is a cleansing action and JT is not here anymore.

I would liked to have JT here this season but he is not. He still belongs in the Ring of Honor eventually just not this year.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:07 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Well, I don't think Parcells thinks to much of Jason Taylor either. People can say Parcells could have handled things better, and he could have. That being said, Jason Taylor demanded a trade after the end of the nightmarish 1-15 season. Jason is the one that went on "Dancing with the Stars" when he knew the regime wanted him there.

He finally got what he wanted and got traded to the Redskins, and low and behold the Dolphins make it to the playoffs without him and the Redskins had a losing season. After the season, he wanted back in Miami.

The Dolphins DID NOT HAVE to bring him back, but they did, even after he pretty much forced his way out of Miami. It has been reported that Parcells offered Jason a contract, much like he did Ricky Williams. Supposedly Jason wanted to have his agent negotiate the contract.

Now he is a New York Jet as the Dolphins decided to go with youth, and right now the Dolphins look to have made a sound decision.

Does Taylor deserve to go in the Dolphins Ring of Honor, yes. Is he a Hall of Famer, probably, but he has forever stained his legacy with me as a Dolphin. Time to move on Jason, you are a New York Jet now, let it go.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:58 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

your being hard headed could he have handled things better yea but you know that if he does end up in the hall of fame he will go in as a dolphin and youll be happy that he is because for the last ten years him and zach were the heart of this team and one of the few things we could actually be proud of im still a fan of JT and always will be

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:44 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

dolfan91 wrote:
your being hard headed could he have handled things better yea but you know that if he does end up in the hall of fame he will go in as a dolphin and youll be happy that he is because for the last ten years him and zach were the heart of this team and one of the few things we could actually be proud of im still a fan of JT and always will be

I meant what I said in my earlier post. I respect what Taylor did during his time with Miami, but as I said, the last few years have soured me on him.

He will get his props from Miami when he retires, and he should.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:11 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

This is a non-story.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Taylor was on the team, we were the worst team in the league, we missed the playoffs. Taylor leaves for Washington, we win the division, we make the playoffs. Taylor returns, we have a losing record, we miss the playoffs. Taylor leaves for New York, we currently have a winning record, ..............

I think you guys can guess where I'm going with that.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:18 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

taylor was with us during some of our worst years he didnt leave cause we were losing he left because him and parcells didnt get a long he came back to us because he wanted to be with his family then they didnt offer him during the offseason so he signed with the jets deep down hes still a dolphin and you all or letting the success of the new regime blind the past and make him out to be someone who backstabbed the team hes still a dolphin at heart

Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:24 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I am sorry your skills slipped JT and you have decided to take it out on Parcells.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:31 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

JT was always about himself....His first few years all he did was cry about being dissed for the pro bowl...Instead of not winning the superbowl.
And don't even get me started on the DWTS thing :cry:

JT Parcells knows you cannot stop the run...Which is why whenever he coached against you he would always run to your side when he needed some yards(The same as the Patriots do by the way)

JT you are the dirt bag

Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:54 am

Look , these guys were never on the same page from the beginning going back to the whole way the dancing with the stars thing was handled. As for why JT is not here this season .... there are 2 sides to that story as well & clearly we as the public do not know all the facts about that & might never kbow until JT is retired & BP is 100% out of the organization.
JT will one day have his tribute at the stadium (whatever they may be calling it when it happens) & we will all cheer & remember all that he has given this team & this community & forget he played for the Jets because that is just business.
Skills slipped ... maybe as he is aging but he is still pretty effective on the playing field paying at a level a bit beyond his age. Even when he was with us during those dark years he was never a detriment to this team , his attitude & focus was always positive never requesting a trade to play for a winner even when the media were writing stories how he deserved to be while still in his prime.
Yeah he was offered a contract but who among us would not shop around their services if we had multiple suitors wanting to hire us for employment , we would wait on all offers & go with the best one. Its still a business & no current Dolphin player would do any different by the way ... they could care less that you might have their jersey ... they would go elsewhere. Be thankful we had a guy here like JT in his prime during a bit of a dark history for our team. Everyone forgave one of the catalysts for that period while JT never quit on this team or this community. JT is not the only player to have a grudge against BP , there are many , that is how BP is & I am sure he could care less as he to disapoints fans for the business side of this as well. Remember he has left more than one team dubiously also. Just another reason why South Florida sports fans have this reputation , which is spot on. Get over it already , as one poster stated we have been doing OK without him .... move on !!

Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:56 am

dolfan91 wrote:
taylor was with us during some of our worst years he didnt leave cause we were losing he left because him and parcells didnt get a long he came back to us because he wanted to be with his family then they didnt offer him during the offseason so he signed with the jets deep down hes still a dolphin and you all or letting the success of the new regime blind the past and make him out to be someone who backstabbed the team hes still a dolphin at heart

Parcells DID offer him a contract back in December, and he turned it down because he wanted to negotiate it in the Off season and have his agent involved, like SC said.

Then Taylor comes back and says, "if you wanted me in December, why not want me now?" and tries to blame it on Parcells, when HE was the one who turned down the contract.

Good for Parcells for not giving in. JT said no, so Parcells said fine we'll move on without you, and now look at the situations of both parties. We're on our way up in first place, and the Jets are probably an 8 win team at best.

I have no sympathy for JT. He's dead to me.

Don't tell me that JT is a Dolphin at heart when he, for the 2nd time in 3 years, has left Miami through his own doing after a couple of rough seasons. He thought he saw greener grass, and for the 2nd time he's realizing the greenest grass is in South Florida, and now he's throwing a hissy fit. I hope Jake knocks him on his backside all night long.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:12 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

This is obviously a polarizing issue. Most of the reactions I see from Dolphins fans are over-reactions in one direction or the other; either he's an heroic icon who fell victim to the evil Parcells or he's Benedict Arnold in cleats. I believe time will show that he's neither; just another bitter vet who didn't get what they thought they deserved from "their" team and so moved on, only to discover the grass is never all that green (pardon the pun) elsewhere. He will be in the ring of honor some day, and he will stand with Zach and Dan and the gang on the sidelines cheering when the Dolphins win their next superbowl (unless that happens this year, lol)

Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:23 am

OK ... Bernie Parmalee ... DEAD TO ME!!

Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:33 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

FINesse wrote:
Look , these guys were never on the same page from the beginning going back to the whole way the dancing with the stars thing was handled. As for why JT is not here this season .... there are 2 sides to that story as well & clearly we as the public do not know all the facts about that & might never kbow until JT is retired & BP is 100% out of the organization.
JT will one day have his tribute at the stadium (whatever they may be calling it when it happens) & we will all cheer & remember all that he has given this team & this community & forget he played for the Jets because that is just business.
Skills slipped ... maybe as he is aging but he is still pretty effective on the playing field paying at a level a bit beyond his age. Even when he was with us during those dark years he was never a detriment to this team , his attitude & focus was always positive never requesting a trade to play for a winner even when the media were writing stories how he deserved to be while still in his prime.
Yeah he was offered a contract but who among us would not shop around their services if we had multiple suitors wanting to hire us for employment , we would wait on all offers & go with the best one. Its still a business & no current Dolphin player would do any different by the way ... they could care less that you might have their jersey ... they would go elsewhere. Be thankful we had a guy here like JT in his prime during a bit of a dark history for our team. Everyone forgave one of the catalysts for that period while JT never quit on this team or this community. JT is not the only player to have a grudge against BP , there are many , that is how BP is & I am sure he could care less as he to disapoints fans for the business side of this as well. Remember he has left more than one team dubiously also. Just another reason why South Florida sports fans have this reputation , which is spot on. Get over it already , as one poster stated we have been doing OK without him .... move on !!

One of the best posts I've read about this situation finess.
I can't believe people are still bringing up the dwts's thing after all this time. He had made that commitment way before bp came here, and the fo knew it. So, to me it's a mute point.
Don't know how long he'll be a jest, hopefully not long. But for everyone to hate him, as a person, is just ludicris to me.
You all know how much I liked him and still do. But he's a jest now, I won't pull for him, but I'll never wish him any harm or injuries like some have.
It hurt when he left, but some of the sting is gone now. I'll hate seeing him in that uni, and hope he fails against us. But no ill will or injuries is what I hope for.
There's so many stories etc. going around it's funny. And people buy into it for what ever reasons. Mainly it's because it's what they want to believe.
I've always said, we'll never know what really went on behind closed doors. Could be it's better that we don't.
I've never liked bp, haven't ever liked him. It has nothing to do with JT. He may have brought some good guys to the team, but, to me, he's a jerk, always has been, always will be. He's like jimmy johnson, in it for himself, not the team. That's just my personal opinion.
I'm hoping our fans will be classy enough not to boo JT during the intros. Hate for us to be as classless as jests fans are.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:36 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Who cares? I mean really, who cares? JT is no longer a Dolphin, and Parcells is a prick. JT and Parcells didn't get a long, whoopity doo. Parcells has problems with lots of people, not just JT.
The world keeps turning and the Dolphins are winning; and frankly JT hasn't been missed. The only reason this stuff makes headlines is because the media is starving for something to write about. They want to ruffle feathers so that they have something to feed people. Trust me, this stuff is going to ramp up for the game tomorrow night, then it will fade away in the past like JT's game.
Don't get me long, I love JT, but he made his choices and so did Parcells; 'water under the bridge'. I'd say it's high time to move on.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:57 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

:hithead:

Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:07 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm sure that JT felt he deserved better treatment than what he was getting from the Trifecta. He felt he earned it. Parcells does not operate that way. You have to earn his respect.

He's also making a heck of a lot more than what Parcells offered him. I would have wanted my agent to work out a contract rather than work around him, too. That just isn't done. What I would have probably have done is to take the offer to my agent and get back to Parcells on it.

As far as JT playing for the Jets, he knows better than anyone that you just do not play for a divisional rival. We treated JT great in Miami ... and adored the guy. You can call it business all you like, but we fans don't care about the business side. I feel like he crapped on me by playing for the Jets.

I hope he has a good year ... and I thank him for Henne whom we drafted with the pick we got when we traded him to the Redskins. And it looks like he is actually earning his paycheck with another team (which he didn't with the Skins).

I wish he would have taken the high road as he usually does, but I guess bad feelings run deep.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:49 pm
Profile WWW

Big Dave wrote:
I hope he has a good year ... and I thank him for Henne whom we drafted with the pick we got when we traded him to the Redskins. And it looks like he is actually earning his paycheck with another team (which he didn't with the Skins).

Actually we got Pat White for JT. Still something I suppose....? Lol

We got Chad from the pick we got for Chambers.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:51 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Quote:
Yeah he was offered a contract but who among us would not shop around their services if we had multiple suitors wanting to hire us for employment , we would wait on all offers & go with the best one.
Dan Marino chose to retire. ZT was given an offer by NE and chose Dallas. You just don't go play for a team like the Jets because you're not just sticking it to Parcells....you're sticking it to every Miami Fan. I doubt he retires as a Dolphin. If he does, it'll be clouded by all the boos.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:05 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

NFLJunkie wrote:
Dan Marino chose to retire. ZT was given an offer by NE and chose Dallas. You just don't go play for a team like the Jets because you're not just sticking it to Parcells....you're sticking it to every Miami Fan. I doubt he retires as a Dolphin. If he does, it'll be clouded by all the boos.

First off Marino was in pretty rough shape, while another team would have signed him I dont think its a reasonable comparison...

ZT is a fair comparison, but in the end if Dallas wasnt offering he would be a fool not to take an offer to play for NE. He also was never offered a contract by Miami, he was just flat out released.

Jason would have played here in 08, but its hard not to take what we got for him.
He should have taken the offer last year, he didnt, now he has to live with his choice...

BUT, and this is important. His choice will not get him booed, nor will it keep him from retiring a Dolphin.
The guy calls Florida home, he does so much positive in this community, and he is obviously stating his disapproval of 1 person among the Dolphins FO, not all of them, not the owner, and not the fans...

NYJ fans cheered Chad P in a Dolphins uniform, it will be a sad day if Mia fans boo JT....

Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:38 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

After reading this thread. I realized. You guys are such turncoats & are no different then what you bash JT for.

BTW, I was bashed for years for pointing out how JT & Zach were the leaders of a pourous team & was told how they were the heart & soul of the team & how wrong I was for saying that. Now here the same argument I used then is being used today. Kinda funny.

I liked Zach & JT & the fact they ended up leaving & going to another team did not change my opinion of them. I'm 100% sure Parcells is a dirt bag & when he leaves Miami & takes another job, you guys will be bashing him.

You guys are such fair weather. I'm sure if Rex Ryan took over as Miami's coach 5 Yrs from now, you guys bashing him will be singing praises.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:13 am

Dphins4me wrote:
After reading this thread. I realized. You guys are such turncoats & are no different then what you bash JT for.

BTW, I was bashed for years for pointing out how JT & Zach were the leaders of a pourous team & was told how they were the heart & soul of the team & how wrong I was for saying that. Now here the same argument I used then is being used today. Kinda funny.

I liked Zach & JT & the fact they ended up leaving & going to another team did not change my opinion of them. I'm 100% sure Parcells is a dirt bag & when he leaves Miami & takes another job, you guys will be bashing him.

You guys are such fair weather. I'm sure if Rex Ryan took over as Miami's coach 5 Yrs from now, you guys bashing him will be singing praises.

I agree with the point you are trying to make & if you read my post on this I dont think my opinion has ever wavered. While I dont like the Jets I have no problem with what JT did & I stated most of us would shop our services just the same. I agree with your analogy of Rex Ryan. After we aquired Pennington I wrote we hated noodle arm but love Chad Pennington.
Fair weather ... well that is not a stretch. One thing that has been determined over the years is that south florida fans are just that. Also when you make these claims be more specific as to who you are referring to & I am not saying that to start a smear campaign but rather to continue a healthy & cordial debate on this. Facts are great.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:32 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
After reading this thread. I realized. You guys are such turncoats & are no different then what you bash JT for. I liked Zach & JT & the fact they ended up leaving & going to another team did not change my opinion of them.

It is what it is, Dphins4me. Zach left to a non-afc East team and the fans still adore him. JT went to the Jets and he is not. There is a big difference.

Dphins4me wrote:
I'm 100% sure Parcells is a dirt bag & when he leaves Miami & takes another job, you guys will be bashing him.

Yes, I am pretty sure he is one, too. He shows no loyalty to anyone but himself and those who love him. He shows little respect for the fans, otherwise he would have extended an hand out to Zach and JT. He despises the media and agents. He believes in winning and he will get that done in Miami with a good foundation in place. He doesn't show any respect to any of the teams he coaches; otherwise, he wouldn't be jumping from one rival team in the AFC East to the next. He put a winning team in place and to him he did what he promised them.

At his age, he has got to be thinking about settling down. Could Miami be that team? It depends on Ross. Or he may have the itch to go somewhere else and rebuild that team. He seems to enjoy doing that. Buffalo? They are the only AFC East team left.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:38 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Has anybody heard this in its original context? Dan Lebatard plays a game called dirt bag or No dirt bag It's a rapid fire type thing, Dan gives a topic (guys who wear flip flops with sandals, guys who grunt when working out, guys who wear affliction tshirts, etc..) then the person says dirt bag or no dirt bag It moves fast and he throws in quick ones to catch you off guard, many times he makes fun of the person playing the game getting them to call themselves a dirt bag JT has always been fun with Lebatard and I think he was just going along with the fun.

My favorite line:
Dan: "Fireman Ed, dirt bag or no dirt bag
JT: "You're a dirt bag dan. Fireman in Ed in 2010, No dirt bag

http://www.790theticket.com/lebatard.aspx

Give it a listen.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:46 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

AQNOR wrote:

I would liked to have JT here this season but he is not. He still belongs in the Ring of Honor eventually just not this year.

Seeing that this is my first post here I do not want it to be a negative one to start off on a bad foot. So I will reframe from answering to this post like I really want to. I will instead just say that I respectfully disagree and that I hope JT NEVER EVER has ANYTHING to do with the Miaimi Dolphins again.

Unless they want to install JT#99 Toilet Paper in every bathroon stall. And Pictures of him plastered on urine cakes to be used as targets as you relive yourself. :yay: :jests:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:12 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Anyone catch the JT celebration after sacking Henne? God I'm starting to really hate the guy.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:00 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Jason Taylor had a great game ... when he wasn't going up against Jake Long. The man still has it even when nursing an injury. I think we all know the reason he isn't in Miami this year is because of Parcells. They're both like a couple children in a pissing fight.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:48 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

When they dunked Taylor with the cooler I vomitted.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:51 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Yeah it was a little too much for me to handle last night too. I felt like JT pretty much pissed on Dolphin fans everyone. Maybe that isn't fair, but it sure feels like it. I really am starting to dislike a guy that was one of my favorite all time players.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

MiamiMenace wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Seeing that this is my first post here I do not want it to be a negative one to start off on a bad foot. So I will reframe from answering to this post like I really want to. I will instead just say that I respectfully disagree and that I hope JT NEVER EVER has ANYTHING to do with the Miaimi Dolphins again.

Unless they want to install JT#99 Toilet Paper in every bathroon stall. And Pictures of him plastered on urine cakes to be used as targets as you relive yourself. :yay: :jests:

Howdy and welcome to the board.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:58 pm

OMG ... this is worse when Hulk Hogan turned his back on all the Hulk A Maniaics & the little Hulksters & joined the NWO!

Get over this already.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:51 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

FINesse wrote:
OMG ... this is worse when Hulk Hogan turned his back on all the Hulk A Maniaics & the little Hulksters & joined the NWO!

Get over this already.

Does this mean Voodoo Chile is going to play when Taylor takes the field?

Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:27 am

PossumHollow wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Get over this already.

YES!! And when he comes onto the field he will rip off his Jet Jersey to reveal the aqua & orange ... it was all a dream.
Whatcha gonna do ..................

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:47 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
PossumHollow wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Get over this already.

YES!! And when he comes onto the field he will rip off his Jet Jersey to reveal the aqua & orange ... it was all a dream.
Whatcha gonna do ..................

...when I tear my ACL all over you cause i'm 900 million years old and playing for the devil!

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:17 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

AQNOR wrote:
MiamiMenace wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Howdy and welcome to the board.

Thank You!!

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]