All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:11 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Sorry all. It seems that I have nothing but bad news concerning our WR corps today (aside from Albert Wilson). Remember that it's early in camp and the players are working on getting back into NFL shape. Waddle will take more time. He's also dropped a couple of catchable passes.

Adam Beasley (Pro Football Network) wrote:
Waddle’s surgically repaired right ankle is taped tight before he takes the practice field. His left one on Thursday was not. That’s just one small data point, but it supports what we’ve heard independently — that right ankle is still somewhat of an issue nine full months after the then-Alabama star broke it in a game.

He’s healthy enough to practice, but that’s not a huge surprise. He was “healthy” enough to appear in the national title game less than three months after getting hurt.

But Waddle, even now, still at times walks with a limp. There are some within the organization who believe he doesn’t yet have the full explosiveness that made him such a weapon at Alabama and the No. 6 pick in the NFL Draft.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/excl ... e-surgery/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:45 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We have a habit of drafting hurt Alabama players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:52 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I know y'all get tired of hearing this from me, but I'm highly confident nobody on these forums follows Alabama football closer than me.

I didn't want Tua, and I didn't want Waddle. Hopefully they both prove me wrong this season and some more to come, and I'll gladly eat crow. GLADLY!

But Waddle's injury was brutal. Much like Prothro's in my opinion, maybe not quite as sever, but it's what comes to my mind.

Prothro still walks around with a limp, a significant one. I expect the same from Waddle eventually.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:06 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Coots wrote:
But Waddle's injury was brutal. Much like Prothro's in my opinion, maybe not quite as sever, but it's what comes to my mind.

Prothro still walks around with a limp, a significant one. I expect the same from Waddle eventually.

You’d think his explosive play style would just be more kryptonite on top of the injury.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:30 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Coots wrote:
I know y'all get tired of hearing this from me, but I'm highly confident nobody on these forums follows Alabama football closer than me.

I didn't want Tua, and I didn't want Waddle. Hopefully they both prove me wrong this season and some more to come, and I'll gladly eat crow. GLADLY!

It is a concern. If all he needed to do was run fast in a straight line, then he would probably be fine. However, we need him to be explosive in and out of cuts, and that puts a lot of pressure on the ankle. I am with you on this. I didn't want Tua or Waddle either, but now that we have them, I am rooting for them like crazy, because we need both of them to live up to their draft status.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:02 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

He looks fine to me in this clip from yesterday.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:02 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

coots wrote:
I didn't want Tua, and I didn't want Waddle.

prof123 wrote:
I am with you on this. I didn't want Tua or Waddle either,

Really? I'm a shocked! You guys need to be tarred and feathered. There's plenty on me to spare.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]