All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:35 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Well, if some of these players want to participate in what's going on on the field, they need to pass the conditioning test. The Dolphins are going to be easing Roberts and Williams back after their injuries last year. I think most people thought Roberts career was done after his injury, but he fought back and could make the team.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
Parker, offensive lineman DJ Fluker and linebacker Elandon Roberts were placed on the PUP list, along with receiver Preston Williams. Roberts is coming back from December knee surgery and Williams from November foot surgery. Brian Flores suggested Tuesday that more players could join Williams on the PUP list pending physicals and the results of a conditioning test.

Parker’s health issue is nothing significant or serious, according to a team source. Fluker was placed on the PUP list because of conditioning, according to a source. The team wants him in better shape.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Post subject: Re: PUP List
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:35 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

So, a little more on DeVante Parker's injury. I was hoping that those nagging injuries would be behind him, but he is who he is. At least his attitude is good with the game football now. That should bring a quick recovery.

Armando Salguero (Miami Herald) wrote:
DeVante Parker is on the physically unable to perform list so not only is he not practicing, he hasn’t passed his physical. The Dolphins are not saying what’s wrong with him but a club source confirmed Thursday it is a soft tissue injury suffered last week during a workout that, while not deemed serious, merits a bit more time so as to not become chronic.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:48 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

After two days, the Dolphins have injuries to two key players. Fluker is needing surgery. The good news? Well, at least it gives others the practice time to get better ... especially Howard's backup in case a trade happens.

The Dolphins have lost two of their best players to injuries on the first two days of camp - receiver Will Fuller and cornerback Xavien Howard - and will be without offensive lineman DJ Fluker for at least several weeks.

Fluker was placed on injured reserve on Thursday because he needed minor arthroscopic knee surgery earlier in the day, according to a source.

Players placed on injured reserve during training camp are not eligible to be among players permitted to be designated to return to the team this season. But the Dolphins can reach an injury settlement, cut him and then re-sign him to play for them this season.

Albert Wilson getting more snaps due to the injury logjam at the top of the depth chart. 2 long TDs in 2 days. They are saying that he is the most explosive receiver in camp right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:39 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Big Dave wrote:

Albert Wilson getting more snaps due to the injury logjam at the top of the depth chart. 2 long TDs in 2 days. They are saying that he is the most explosive receiver in camp right now.

How come Tua doesn't throw spirals on those deep throws?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:45 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Not every ball is going to have a nice tight spiral, but it was clearly not an issue for Wilson to be able to pull it in. I'm rooting for Wilson; I think he could have a significant role in the offense. His skill set matches well with the direction we seem to be going (and Tua's strengths.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:49 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

k-dash wrote:
Not every ball is going to have a nice tight spiral, but it was clearly not an issue for Wilson to be able to pull it in. I'm rooting for Wilson; I think he could have a significant role in the offense. His skill set matches well with the direction we seem to be going (and Tua's strengths.)

Yes, I agree. I think/hope that the year off gave him time to completely heal, and I expect him to have a big year. Though Parker, Williams, and Waddle are all talented, they each have significant injury issues. It will not be good news if any of Grant, Ford, or Hurns are still on the roster in September.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:29 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

prof123 wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

LOL. We've got an injury thread that is turning into a Tua thread. OK ...

:haha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:16 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

LOL! Howard's injury is freaking hilarious!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:32 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Big Dave wrote:

[/quote]

Oh, sorry! But I was just responding to the clip you showed of Tua's throw! Also, maybe the lack of a spiral is related to Tua's hip? :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:56 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

prof123 wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

Oh, sorry! But I was just responding to the clip you showed of Tua's throw! Also, maybe the lack of a spiral is related to Tua's hip? :)[/quote]

:))

I actually chuckled when I read it. We need a franchise QB,and until Tua proves that he is or isn't it, it will be the main topic anywhere. He has to step up.

I hope he is it, because I really don't want another reboot at the QB position. He doesn't have to be the next Dan Marino, just a darn good quarterback.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:07 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

prof123 wrote:

I don't like your tone sir!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:44 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

carreramia wrote:
prof123 wrote:

I don't like your tone sir!

Not to worry, here's a spiral for you. Very nice touch pass, too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:46 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Saturday's injury report. Remember that players are getting back into NFL shape.

Tight end Mike Gesicki (medical reasons) is not practicing Saturday. Will Fuller and Jaelan Phillips also are out, but Brian Flores said their injuries are day to day, not week to week. Phillips was wearing a compression sleeve on his left leg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:53 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

vafinfan wrote:
LOL! Howard's injury is freaking hilarious!

:haha

I was wondering if anyone would notice it.

So, we've got some COVID issues. I do not think it should be mandated that everyone get the vaccine, but if I were an NFL player bumping with teammates and other teams' players (not to mention the night life that many enjoy as they are young), I'd consider getting it rather than taking a chance of getting COVID and bringing it home to my family and older parents. That Delta variant is nasty. For the first time last week, I had a friend die of it and others hospitalized over it.

PFT wrote:
With Dolphins co-offensive coordinator and tight ends coach George Godsey testing positive for COVID-19, it stood to reason that some players likely were headed to the COVID-19 reserve list.

The team announced it has placed three tight ends on the list.

Tight ends Cethan Carter, Mike Gesicki and Adam Shaheen now are on the reserve/COVID-19 list. It is not known for certain whether the players were high-risk close contacts or tested positive for the coronavirus.

High-risk close contacts must isolate five days. Fully vaccinated players do not need to isolate after exposure.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... d-19-list/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:31 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It's good to have our #1 WR ready to play just in time for the pads to come on today in TC.

Armando Salguero (Miami Herald) wrote:
Receiver DeVante Parker, who spent the first week of practice on the Physically Unable to Perform list with a hamstring injury was removed from that list after passing his physical and is ready to practice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:54 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Yesterday's injury update.

Xavien Howard (ankle), DeVante Parker (soft tissue injury), Will Fuller (foot), Jaelan Phillips (lower body injury), Elandon Roberts (knee) and Preston Williams (foot) all missed practice. All watched at least part of practice except Williams, who is on the COVID-19 list.

Linebacker Andrew Van Ginkel left practice with a slight limp. Running back Salvon Ahmed (lower-body bruise) wore a red non-contact jersey.

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]