All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:18 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

There's no word yet except for the below quote below on the details of the restructure. There has been talk that the Dolphins have wanted to free up some cap space by restructuring his $7 million base salary w/incentives before the season began. Mission accomplished.

Dolphins Wire (USA Today) wrote:
But some Dolphins fans noticed on Friday night that there was an extra move made by Miami — one that flew nearly completely under the radar. It wasn’t on the league’s transactions summary. It wasn’t formerly reported anywhere of significance initially, either. But when you visit the Dolphins’ team site and review their team transactions, sure enough, the move is listed.

“LB Benardrick McKinney restructured his contract.”

Those sneaky Dolphins. The team buried it in their transactions log, almost as if it were a video game easter egg — only for the most thorough to stumble upon.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2021/ ... -mckinney/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:57 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

So, I"m not sure if I understand this from either side. It looks like this is now a 1 year prove it deal. He is approaching that ugly 30 year old age which the Dolphins seem to want to avoid in their rebuild.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:01 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Big Dave wrote:
So, I"m not sure if I understand this from either side. It looks like this is now a 1 year prove it deal. He is approaching that ugly 30 year old age which the Dolphins seem to want to avoid in their rebuild.

I can understand why the Dolphins would do this, but why would McKinney agree to it? Does he think he will be able to forge a better deal after the year is over? At his age? This makes no sense.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]