All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:21 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

....”The Tomorrow War”, playing on Prime Video, has a couple of “they haven’t won a SB yet?!” scenes regarding the Miami Dolphins....one takes place in a future 30 years from now when the lead, after he lands in a distant future, asks “have the Dolphins won a SB yet?”....30 years!!?? And one wonders why I show no patience.....

....like the Rodney Dangerfield line, who always complains about “getting no respect at all”....that’s our Fins.

As far as the movie, alright I guess, action packed and a cute human interest story of future vs present....I love flicks and books on time travel, one of the most enjoyable was a book that went to WW2 and gave the allies and axis powers each a guy from the future.....anyway, in this movie don’t get caught up in the paradoxes created by the time travel aspects be aware the movie people don’t bother making it logical. Just enjoy it for what it is.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:10 am 

What about Super Bowls VII and VIII ? How did they forget that?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:03 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

prof123 wrote:
What about Super Bowls VII and VIII ? How did they forget that?

After waiting 76 years for one, by 2051 forgetting wasn’t the problem.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:10 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

There remain 4 Teams that have never been to a SuperBowl and 12 Teams that have never won. Not sure why they would single out Miami.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:55 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:
There remain 4 Teams that have never been to a SuperBowl and 12 Teams that have never won. Not sure why they would single out Miami.

People tend to love or hate anything about the city of Miami.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:59 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

...whomever in the movie making part of this flick thought of this line felt the bit to be as unbelievable as it was back when the Cubs were similarly mocked in a Back to the Future movie. Unbelievably, the Cubs actually WON the WS one year later than predicted in the movie. No prediction for the Fins was made in this movie so we are left to wait and wonder.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:21 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

carreramia wrote:
....”The Tomorrow War”, playing on Prime Video, has a couple of “they haven’t won a SB yet?!” scenes regarding the Miami Dolphins....one takes place in a future 30 years from now when the lead, after he lands in a distant future, asks “have the Dolphins won a SB yet?”....30 years!!?? And one wonders why I show no patience.....

....like the Rodney Dangerfield line, who always complains about “getting no respect at all”....that’s our Fins.

Yeah, I saw that last night. They mentioned the Dolphins twice when talking about if they won a SB 30 years into the future yet. I loved the Dolphins props, but felt it came from a Jets or Patriots writer. It did give me a good laugh. Surely they didn't see 2022-2025 when the Dolphins broke their own record of the 70s by winning 3 in a row.

:saywhat

carreramia wrote:
As far as the movie, alright I guess, action packed and a cute human interest story of future vs present....I love flicks and books on time travel, one of the most enjoyable was a book that went to WW2 and gave the allies and axis powers each a guy from the future.....anyway, in this movie don’t get caught up in the paradoxes created by the time travel aspects be aware the movie people don’t bother making it logical. Just enjoy it for what it is.

I thought it was a good movie, too, as I like time travel as well, but it was a little slow at times as they set up the characters and the story. For a streaming "free" movie it was very good, but in a movie theater I might have been a little disappointed. I really like Chris Pratt and Yvonne Strahovski, so, two thumbs up for having them in the movie.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:57 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Motivation ... thank you Hollywood!

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]