Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:15 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Quote:
Overview
Thrilling, game-breaking talent who will come into the league as one of the fastest receivers to ever play the game. His whereabouts pre-snap and post-snap must be accounted for at all times. Despite his size, he's a legitimate outside option, thanks to his ability to not only take the top off the defense, but also go up and win 50-50 throws. Waddle's adept at working all three levels, so it will be tough for defenses to predict how offenses will utilize him, as he has the potential to post a higher catch volume in the right offense. Waddle can instantly upgrade a team's scoring potential, whether it's with the deep ball, the catch-and-run or as a return man.

More Here: [url]https: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jaylen-wa ... 82ad6fd5c2[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:17 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

How many days until we cut Grant?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:46 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Craptacular job Grier...you idiot. The Eagles thank you sucker...SF also used us up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:11 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I like the Waddle pick if he can stay on the field. He's going to be something else if Tua and he can connect.

Dolphins pick 1A - Alabama WR Jalen Waddle (draft analysis)

Tua's reaction.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:15 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
I like the Waddle pick if he can stay on the field. He's going to be something else if Tua and he can connect.

Tua's reaction.

We already have his clone, Albert Wilson, and a faster smurf with Grant.....thumbs down.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I feel like Smith has more upside. When the hell does a 170lbs WR steal a Heismann? There is a lot of paradox going on with Waddle jumping in front of his teammate Smith. Maybe they’ll both be All Pro kinda guys but Smith feels like more of a unique player to me. But then again I don’t really know shhh about this draft class.

:)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:03 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I feel like Smith has more upside. When the hell does a 170lbs WR steal a Heismann? There is a lot of paradox going on with Waddle jumping in front of his teammate Smith. Maybe they’ll both be All Pro kinda guys but Smith feels like more of a unique player to me. But then again I don’t really know shhh about this draft class.

:)

Smith is a freak...absolute freak. Big mistake passing on him and also trading down far enough not to snag Chase or Pitts. Shame on you Grier. The Eagles have to love us. We give them extra picks and they take the guy they wanted. Played Grier like a fiddle. Had to panic and take Waddle because he felt the cupboard would be bare at 18.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:32 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phinished wrote:

We already have his clone, Albert Wilson, and a faster smurf with Grant.....thumbs down.

Seriously? Wilson is a shell of his former self after his injury.. My grandmother can catch better than Grant and she has been dead since 1983.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:33 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Before his ankle injury Waddle was Wr 1.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Hopefully he pans out, but I do not see his game fitting with Tua....and I mean the post injury Tua we picked....not that guy tearing it up before that horrible injury. I said hard pass on Tua after that injury and I still think that was the right call. I hope Tua returns to form and shows us he is that guy....I love being wrong and being surprised by the Phins....but as the decades go by, I just see lots of mistakes in Miami.

Last edited by Phinished on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:39 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:

Yeah.

Then came the Heismann.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:40 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

Yeah.

Then came the Heismann.

So true...LOL....and the tape and stats do not lie. Smith is awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:10 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Yeah.

Then came the Heismann.

Smith is awesome. So can Waddle be bad? Miami screwed up making that trade. Pitts will dominate the league. Waddle needs to be a stud.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:12 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, Waddle was the No. 2 player on the Dolphins’ board, behind top overall pick Trevor Lawrence.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2021/ ... dle-board/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:30 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, Waddle was the No. 2 player on the Dolphins’ board, behind top overall pick Trevor Lawrence.

That is interesting, and it changes my perspective quite a bit on what happened, if it is true. If this is the case, then trading down from 3 to 6 was an obvious move. I am sure they didn't want to risk staying at 12. I will no longer criticize the trades themselves.

Rather, my critique moves to their player personnel evaluation -- how could they have Waddle ahead of Pitts and Chase on their board?!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:40 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Sorry, meant to write something sooner but my couch was so comfortable I fell sleep after the Chargers pick.

Thoughts on Jaylen Waddle:

This has been telegraphed for a while based on how the Wide Receiver room is currently constructed. I've seen a lot of complaints about how he is not a "complete" receiver or that his game needs more polish. I think everyone has to take a breath and see the forest from the trees with this selection. Waddle has some outstanding routes and is NOT just a vertical threat. His footwork gets him open quickly underneath and the homerun speed is the icing on the cake. This is not Ted Ginn 2.0. Waddle can certainly stretch the field but his damage will be done in more of a slot role. He is a very good set of hands. Make no mistake that Tua probably provided a lot of intel to seal this selection. Now take it a step further. Imagine defenses having to account for both him and Will Fuller. They can basically interchange on being decoys while the other works the middle of the field or gets open deep. Waddle was the missing piece to this Dolphins offense. The draft is loaded with slower, possession type or even 50/50 type targets.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:40 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Dphins4me wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Yeah.

Then came the Heismann.

Smith is awesome. So can Waddle be bad? Miami screwed up making that trade. Pitts will dominate the league. Waddle needs to be a stud.

Waddle is going to be a stud.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:41 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

Yeah.

Then came the Heismann.

The Heisman never would have happened of Waddle was healthy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:53 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phinished wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

Tua's reaction.

So why not trade (or release) one or both? I feel our WR room is stacked with pretty good talent, and this may be the way to get a couple more late round picks.... and clear some cap room

We have Parker, Williams, Fuller, Waddle, and Bowden/Hollins/Perry among others.... We can only keep so many. Some of these guys clearly won't be here

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:20 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

marc23 wrote:
So why not trade (or release) one or both? I feel our WR room is stacked with pretty good talent, and this may be the way to get a couple more late round picks.... and clear some cap room

We have Parker, Williams, Fuller, Waddle, and Bowden/Hollins/Perry among others.... We can only keep so many. Some of these guys clearly won't be here

This was a serious upgrade over Grant. I like Grant and believe he is a story of someone who overreached what everyone said he could do with hard work. I see the Dolphins trying to trade him for a late draft pick. He was a 6th round pick and we'll probably get a team to bite on him for another 6th round pick in return due to him being such a dangerous punt returner. Waddle also gives us a slot receiver which we really didn't have last year as we moved players around to fill the role.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:33 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Phinished wrote:
Hopefully he pans out, but I do not see his game fitting with Tua.

Actually, his game fits better with Tua than Smith. He is a YAC guy and Tua is a guy that likes to get the ball out quickly and accurately.

Tua is a question mark going downfield and that is where Smith thrives more.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:34 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:

Must admit, when they passed on Sewell, I was quite upset. Trading with SF and then PHI didn't make any sense. If the Team was going receiver, then stay put at 3 and get Chase or Pitts.

But I may have been a victim of the fake news of the talking heads. If they were going Waddle all the way, then good job for getting some picks..........we'll be happy in '23.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:03 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I know... I know... I usually start these posts off with "As an Alabama fan..." - but really, it's relevant.

Here is my thing with Waddle, and I'm not going to the depths of the earth to provide random off the wall stats, just what I seen on the field watching these guys play, every Saturday, practices, etc.... when Waddle went down, Smith carried the team, and probably or at least it felt like, he gained in production. Yeah Waddle complimented him well when he was healthy, but when Waddle went down, it seemed like Smith got even better. I'm just not coninced if it was the other way around, that would be the case.

Did anyone see ow Smith played in the Championship game?

I wasn't a huge fan of drafting either of them, and I'll eat crow one day if they both work out, I would have rather had Chase or Pitts, but what's done is done.

Smith, while he may not have had the "size" you wanted for a #1... has anyone paid attention to his measurables? The kid is a freak athlete. Look at his wing span, the same as Calvin Johnson's... his hands are HUGE for a kid his size.

If we were going to do all this trading around, I just felt like Waddle would've been there later.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:05 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:

. Oh wow. With Pitts below, not any type of expert, but wow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:47 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:

. Oh wow. With Pitts below, not any type of expert, but wow

Boy...they really can not evaluate players....just wow.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:49 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Phinished wrote:

Actually, his game fits better with Tua than Smith. He is a YAC guy and Tua is a guy that likes to get the ball out quickly and accurately.

Smith creates great separation and supposedly that was the problem for Tua and our current receiving corps. I can see Waddle gaining separation on deep routes that Tua will miss...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:30 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phinished wrote:
Rich wrote:
Phinished wrote:

Smith creates great separation and supposedly that was the problem for Tua and our current receiving corps. I can see Waddle gaining separation on deep routes that Tua will miss...

Phinished, how about you create some emoji that has the following meanings. You could then just post that emoji instead of having to write it all out each time. :)
1. Smith creates separation, and he will be great in the NFL. The Dolphins are idiots for not drafting him.
2. Waddle is fast, but Tua can't hit the deep ball, so it doesn't matter.
3. The Dolphins are idiots for not drafting Harris at 18.
4. The Dolphins are idiots for trading out of #3.
5. Stevenson is a beast.
6. The Dolphins must draft Humphrey, or they are idiots.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:35 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Congrats to Jammer. He's been saying the Dolphins like Waddle over Smith for what seems like months now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:43 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Let’s just revisit this pick at the end of the season, and compare it to everyone we passed on as we moved down and up like a yo yo .... grading Waddle as the #2 player in this draft is a head scratcher.

Last edited by Phinished on Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:44 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Sorry, meant to write something sooner but my couch was so comfortable I fell sleep after the Chargers pick.

Thoughts on Jaylen Waddle:

This has been telegraphed for a while based on how the Wide Receiver room is currently constructed. I've seen a lot of complaints about how he is not a "complete" receiver or that his game needs more polish. I think everyone has to take a breath and see the forest from the trees with this selection. Waddle has some outstanding routes and is NOT just a vertical threat. His footwork gets him open quickly underneath and the homerun speed is the icing on the cake. This is not Ted Ginn 2.0. Waddle can certainly stretch the field but his damage will be done in more of a slot role. He is a very good set of hands. Make no mistake that Tua probably provided a lot of intel to seal this selection. Now take it a step further. Imagine defenses having to account for both him and Will Fuller. They can basically interchange on being decoys while the other works the middle of the field or gets open deep. Waddle was the missing piece to this Dolphins offense. The draft is loaded with slower, possession type or even 50/50 type targets.

Hope so! He does seem like the type of player Tua would match up well with in the slot.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:07 pm 

Phinished wrote:

I feel like you haven't watched video or read scouting reports on Waddle. He is uncoverable on crossing patterns and gets great separation at all three levels. He can play inside or outside.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:31 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

What do you think Rich? Is Waddle the best receiver for the Phins in this draft?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:47 pm 

shularino wrote:
What do you think Rich? Is Waddle the best receiver for the Phins in this draft?

In this draft? No I would have preferred Chase or Pitts (yes, I consider him a WR).

But Waddle may be the best fit given what else is on the team at the position.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 1:05 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I think Chase and Waddle were interchangeable. Had Joe Burrow not been in Cinci, there's an argument that Waddle gets picked there. But when there's a stat like "Ja'marr Chase only caught passes from 1 quarterback in college, and that was Joe Burrow" flying around, it's pretty easy to see why the Bengals were in pursuit.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:12 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

DanRambo wrote:
I think Chase and Waddle were interchangeable. Had Joe Burrow not been in Cinci, there's an argument that Waddle gets picked there. But when there's a stat like "Ja'marr Chase only caught passes from 1 quarterback in college, and that was Joe Burrow" flying around, it's pretty easy to see why the Bengals were in pursuit.
Chase was a Burrow pick alone. Cincy would have went OL had Chase not been there. Burrow wanted his Wr from LSU

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:14 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
shularino wrote:

In this draft? No I would have preferred Chase or Pitts (yes, I consider him a WR).

But Waddle may be the best fit given what else is on the team at the position.

You mean this?

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:25 am 

Actually I was reffering to his ability to get separation quickly underneath, make the catch and get YAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:10 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm a little disappointed as I expect every pass he catches to go to the end zone, but I'll live.

:))

Seriously, though. He's fast and slippery.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:16 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Check out the speed and his burst.

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]