Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Antrel Rolle Wouldn't Mind Playing For Dolphins
30th January, 2010 - 5:42 pm
Miami Herald - Antrel Rolle is in limbo because the Cardinals are scheduled to pay him $12 million in salary and a bonus in 2010.

The two sides could enter renegotiate a new deal or cut ties.

"That would be nice," Rolle told the Miami Herald of playing for his hometown Dolphins.

"You know what I mean. I would love to take some of the burden off of mom and dad seeing as they travel to every game. Miami is home for me. I haven't played here in five years, but hey, we can make it happen."

Rolle repeated that his parents fly across country to every game he plays.

"I'm still a Cardinal right now, you know," he said. "I don't know what's going to happen. But I love the Cardinals and their organization. I've been good to them and they've been great to me also. Let's just see what plays out.

"I don't know what's going to play out. They haven't given me any indication. I know they want to keep me there. We're trying to keep our franchise together, but I don't know what they're thinking right now." [READ]

He's a Miami Hurricane product and a former CB now playing FS, so he has ball skills, 12 careert interceptions and 4 returned for touchdowns. He's also 27 years old.

I think he can certainly help Miami and can match up well with the premier TE in the league or slot receivers and he is a good tackler also.

Depending on what Arizona does, this could be worth looking into.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:57 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This would be an absolutely ridiculous singing.

Rolle is a beast of a playmaker in the middle of the field. Something we obviously need desperately.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:21 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
This would be an absolutely ridiculous singing.

Rolle is a beast of a playmaker in the middle of the field. Something we obviously need desperately.

Sure, but he was part of a defense that gave up back to back 45 point performances.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:38 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Rolle didn't play much those games, or at least the first one; he was hurt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:51 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Seems like every player has ties to Miami , wants to play for Miami , had a dream to play for Miami.
Then , these boards gets filled with all these threads , we get hyped up about what our roster is going to be only to be let down again & deal with the same results during the season. Oh yes , the ones we do sign suddenly seem to have lost their skills. Lets keep drafting well , building that way & signing less hyped free agents who still have something to prove & a desire to perform like they did before taking free agent dollars.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:39 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse, I started to plug in the original post that you would make this type of comment, and I agree with your assessment for the most part.

The draft is most definitely the way to go, and I would certainly like to have seen more of Chris Clemons, Miami's 5th round draft pick and Tyrone Culver this year.

But Rolle is a local kid, a former CB now playing FS and doing a nice job as he is at the Pro Bowl. It would not hurt to look at him if things don't work at with the Cardinals. He a proven commodity and 27 years old.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:31 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Seems like every player has ties to Miami , wants to play for Miami , had a dream to play for Miami.
Then , these boards gets filled with all these threads , we get hyped up about what our roster is going to be only to be let down again & deal with the same results during the season. Oh yes , the ones we do sign suddenly seem to have lost their skills. Lets keep drafting well , building that way & signing less hyped free agents who still have something to prove & a desire to perform like they did before taking free agent dollars.

What's wrong with people wanting to sign a probowl Full Safety when ours sucked?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:32 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Phin wrote:
What's wrong with people wanting to sign a probowl Full Safety when ours sucked?

Where does Mitch say anything is wrong with it?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:53 pm 

Not saying I would mind the signing but what I am saying is that on the fans point of view its a bit ridiculous to start a thread about every free agent coming to Miami. It never stops.
And then when clearer heads post like Rich did on the Wilfork thread you get labeled.
On a management point of view hopefully they will look at the player , not get taken by a name or where he is from & judge the bang you get for your buck.
But hey we just signed the best defensive coordinator in history so why worry.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:58 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Good points FINesse.

Our best FA signings thus far, without question, have been Pennington and Randy Starks.....Penny was signed for reasonable money, and Starks is getting paid as much as a 4th round pick rookie.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:13 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phins Rock wrote:
Good points FINesse.

Our best FA signings thus far, without question, have been Pennington and Randy Starks.....Penny was signed for reasonable money, and Starks is getting paid as much as a 4th round pick rookie.

I don't think 4th round picks get 5yr/$21mil type contracts.......I remember when the fins signed him the talk was that they overpaid for a backup......turns out the fins knew better

http://www.dolphinslocker.com/2008/02/29/the-miami-dolphins-sign-dt-randy-starks/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:16 pm