View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Favre has compliments for Vontae 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Favre has compliments for Vontae
Quote:
“Number 21, I felt like, was one of the best corners in this league, especially that no one knows about,” Favre said after Miami’s 14-10 win. “Number 32 (Allen) is more physical and kind of a safety-type guy. I thought a back-shoulder throw against him with Bernard would be a right play. But just in general, 21 was less apt to challenge.”

Davis, obviously, is not a no-name player, especially in Miami. He was the Dolphins’ first-round draft pick last year, with four interceptions and a touchdown as a rookie.

But he’s not exactly a household name yet, either. And only in his second season, Davis knows he still has much to prove. When Davis caught wind of Favre’s comments Sunday night, he was pretty blown away.

“Wow Brett Favre thinks I’m one of the best corners in this league that nobody knows about,” Davis wrote on his Twitter account shortly after the Dolphins landed in South Florida. “Truly a compliment coming from him. Thank u Brett.”

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/09/20/dolphins-monday-rewind-meet-vontae-davis-the-best-cb-nobody-knows-about/

:yay:

I really like Vontae's attitude and competitiveness. Nothing gets this guy down and he is slowly making a name for himself in the NFL.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:09 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: Favre has compliments for Vontae
I said in the preseason that Vontae looks like he's ready to take the next step to shutdown corner. That is exactly what he's been the last two weeks.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:26 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Well given all the bad vibes surrounding our FO's draft picks and FA busts, its nice to see some panning out rather well

I guess they do kinda know what they are doing after all....

Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:31 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

NFLJunkie wrote:
I said in the preseason that Vontae looks like he's ready to take the next step to shutdown corner. That is exactly what he's been the last two weeks.

Those are beautiful words to read about a member of the Dolphin secondary.

Classy comments from Favre though. I think he knows #21 by name now though especially after the Vikings watched the game film.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
Well given all the bad vibes surrounding our FO's draft picks and FA busts, its nice to see some panning out rather well

I guess they do kinda know what they are doing after all....

Not every pick works out and they haven't been shy about cutting ties with the ones who haven't worked out. But there have been more than a couple of very solid picks each year.

The only pick I've REALLY questioned from the triumverate was the Pat White pick. He just didn't seem to fit the mould of what they have been trying to put together. (Other regimes have made a LOT of questionable pics in recent years)

Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:31 pm

I'm really going to date myself but here goes...
Eric Kumerow
John Bosa
JOHN Frickin AVERY
Yatil Green
..... man the list could go on and I'm sure it will

Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:22 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Merling, White, and Turner seem to be the biggest misses they have had here in Miami (in the draft). Long, Henne, Davis, Hartline, and Smith (we'll see), are looking pretty good. I also think Odrick is going to be pretty solid. Jerry might be pretty good, and Langford seems to be progressing well. All and all, they have hit on more than they have whiffed on I think.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]