View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Great game....scorecard 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Great game....scorecard
QB - Henne was efficient at what he was asked to do which was again manage an offense. No turnovers and smart play gets him an A-
RB - D+ Both Ricky and Ronnie had huge turnovers and they were both pretty much unforced. Late in the game the two veterans should have known Minnesota would be going after the strip and covered the ball.
WR - No drops and some big catches when it counted. This group gets an B+
OL - Played their best game of the season. There were a few breakdowns but for the most part they opened holes and kept Henne's Jersey clean.B+
Defense - A
No unit really failed. AP got most of his yards when Miami was in a nickle defense trying to protect a lead. The secondary was outstanding. The pass rush consistently got pressure.

OC - D His offense produced one touchdown. His gameplan was terrific for about 10 minutes and then dissolved into the R&R express again. I realize he understands the importance of not making mistakes; but he's going to have to take the training wheels off at some point. Everyone keeps waiting for this offense to suddenly start making plays. I have my doubts. I think Henne has the tools but doesn't have Henning's confidence or approval to adlib on any plays. As long as Henning keeps the reigns on, the turnovers won't happen but neither will the scoring. So far in two games this offense has put up abysmal numbers. The lack of a killer instinct...ie running the score up by 17-20 before going into cruise control is the way most teams do it. Miami gets a 7 point lead and they sit on it.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:10 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Great game....scorecard
I'll agree with your grades.. all except Henne's. Henne would be a solid C from me. He still needs to work on his short passing. He misthrew a would be TD. He had a couple batted down. He zinged them 3 yards in front of him.. and when he did try to put touch on the ball.. I got scared. His decision making was pretty good I guess. I wish he would go through his progressions a little faster and I also wish he could get that touch pass thing down. He is firing those rockets at guys 3 yards in front of him. But, good job on no INT's. (knock on wood)

Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:19 pm

Post Re: Great game....scorecard
I was a little generous with Henne because its apparent he's not allowed to throw enough to get into a rhythm. A great example is the throw he missed to Marshall he came right back on another and hit Hartline in the numbers. So I think as long as the game is still manageable, Henning will keep the handcuffs on him. If Miami gets behind, I suspect the training wheels will come off and Henne will be asked to win the game.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]