View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Next Week: Dan Henning 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Next Week: Dan Henning
Ok, We are all (most) upset with Dan Henning's play-calling. Next week is where his type of game pays dividends though. We are going to play the best CB duo in the league. That's a matter of opinion, and it's my opinion. That being said, high risk throws would NOT be recommended against the Revis / Cromartie duo. Only Marshall can win in a jump ball and I don't think testing our luck would be wise. Only a speedster can beat the Jets secondary. Other than that, we need to ground pound and kill Sanchisekiller, stuff LT and Greene and dink dunk.

I know, going against everything I been preaching, but the Jets are a different type of team, and one that garners respect. Tom "Oh I'm Perfect" Brady has been picked multiple times already, and the game is not yet over.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:10 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Next Week: Dan Henning
Ski_Money wrote:
We are going to play the best CB duo in the league. That's a matter of opinion, and it's my opinion.

Can't be a duo if one of them sucks (Cromartie). Revis is hurt too, and it looks like it will be one of those nagging hammy's. So, even if he does play, he'll be hampered.

I think you attack this Jets secondary. Take some shots to Marshall and get Fasano more involved.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Work the middle of the field. Spread out the defense and use the tight end and backs. Play action, especially early in the game. Learn to use a screen pass.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:16 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Revis is not 100%, Taylor just went to the locker room... Passing seems more like a possibility...

Henning's game plan to air it out against NE last year won us that game... They never saw it coming...

But he was let go from Carolina for the same vanilla play calling......

Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

For now, lets pretend we're playing the real jets. Not the imitation jets we may end up facing.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]