View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Crowder return ... Jets game? 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Crowder return ... Jets game?
I don't think they're talking about the December 12th game ... or are they;)

Mike Barardino wrote:
Crowder’s injured groin is gradually coming along, however, and his side work with team trainers seems to be gaining in intensity during open practice periods. Hope remains that Crowder will be able to return to the lineup against the team he hates the most (the Jets) and the coach he most enjoys tweaking (Rex Ryan).

If I had to bet at this point, I’d say Crowder plays against the Jets next Sunday night. His mood and body language in the locker room have improved that notably in recent days.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Crowder return ... Jets game?
Quote:
next Sunday night

:stiffarm:

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:27 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

At this point I am kinda sick of hearing it, at least we will see the distinct difference with and without him....

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:02 pm
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Never was a fan , wouldnt care one or the other with him. Actually at this point I am tired of all his stuff , his talents on the field dont warrant the team putting up with it.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:04 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

FINesse wrote:
Never was a fan , wouldnt care one or the other with him. Actually at this point I am tired of all his stuff , his talents on the field dont warrant the team putting up with it.

Have to agree at this point. He hasn't done enough in this league.. production wise to be opening his big mouth. Time for him to put up or shut up... or get out.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:07 am
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

hypocritex wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Have to agree at this point. He hasn't done enough in this league.. production wise to be opening his big mouth. Time for him to put up or shut up... or get out.

Spell it with me . . .

P
E
R
S
P
E
C
T
I
V
E

He isn't some stereotypical loudmouth. He's had one spat with Fatty McRex and has been solid. He's not great, but certainly not as pedestrian as you would have us believe. He isn't a big play guy, but then again, neither are 99% of the players in the league.

Not a big play guy != SUX TEH BIG ONE!!!!!!!111!!!!!!

He has lasted as a starter through 3 regimes which makes your assessment of him, that he's nothing more than a loudmouth with no game, questionable.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:20 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

eleaf wrote:
hypocritex wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Spell it with me . . .

P
E
R
S
P
E
C
T
I
V
E

He isn't some stereotypical loudmouth. He's had one spat with Fatty McRex and has been solid. He's not great, but certainly not as pedestrian as you would have us believe. He isn't a big play guy, but then again, neither are 99% of the players in the league.

Not a big play guy != SUX TEH BIG ONE!!!!!!!111!!!!!!

He has lasted as a starter through 3 regimes which makes your assessment of him, that he's nothing more than a loudmouth with no game, questionable.

Gotta disagree with you here. On top of his lack of playmaking skills and his atrocious stats last year, he has shown a poor attitude on numerous occasions. He was ready to bolt a couple of years ago thinking he was going to get the big bucks in FA, and made it very difficult for the FO to work with him. Then he came crawling back when no other team wanted him.

Last year he played into the whole Joey Porter drama and took a stance against the team about Porter being taken out of games. Truth is, after recording 63 tackles as a starting inside linebacker, he shouldn't be taking stances against the coaches.

He doesn't make big plays, he doesn't blitz well, he doesn't cover well, and we're 2-0 without him...his time is up unless he comes back a different player. He may not be pedestrian, but he's entirely replaceable as a starter.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Adrian Peterson chewed our defense up a bit this week. If we bring Crowder back, I hope it is to improve the run defense. I know he can't cover better than Bobby Carpenter. So if Crowder wants his starting job back he'll need to prove he's better against the run than Tim Dobbins. Thats his direct competition in my eyes. So if Crowder can provide improvement in the run defense then I'm all for him returning against the Jets. If not, hey, he can always try to unseat Walden for the fourth middle linebacker spot. Either way I think he'll play this week if he can.
:jests:

Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:02 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Maybe a backup and special teamer, that's it. THis D is clicking right now.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:55 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Hey eleaf.. What were Channings stats last year? Nevermind the big play stats.. what about the ones that matter.. ya know.. for an ILB.

'Nough said.

He is a loud mouth. He has been noting more then pedestrian since his rookie year. And last year.. he was flat out bad. Sure he has potential.. but so did Ted Ginn Jr. If he doesn't put up.. he needs to shut up. Or he's going to be a goner. Especially with that lucrative contract he got... of which he immediately followed with a AWFUL year.

Dobbins had better statistics then Crowder last year.. and he was a backup. How's that for some perspective.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:59 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

Dobbins is playing alright, but he is missing a couple of plays here and there that Channing would make IMO.

It's hard to say that the D is missing anything right now, but it is and will be better when Channing comes back.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:04 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
Dobbins is playing alright, but he is missing a couple of plays here and there that Channing would make IMO.

It's hard to say that the D is missing anything right now, but it is and will be better when Channing comes back.

That's just pure speculation IMO. I hope we will be better when he comes back. I suspect Channing will perform better with Dansby along side. Much like Channing looked better with Zach along side.

But, as I said. The stats don't lie. For a starting ILB. Channing was flat out bad last year.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:06 pm

hypocritex wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

That's just pure speculation IMO. I hope we will be better when he comes back. I suspect Channing will perform better with Dansby along side. Much like Channing looked better with Zach along side.

But, as I said. The stats don't lie. For a starting ILB. Channing was flat out bad last year.

I agree. He did not have a good season last year. He was hurt, and then obviously had the serious injury later, had injuries up front and to the sides of him...Never got into a rhythm.

I think Crowder could be terrific next to Dansby. And I mean terrific. I really think that if he comes back healthy, with the way Dansby is playing, they could make the best 34 ILB combo in the NFL.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:11 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
Adrian Peterson chewed our defense up a bit this week. If we bring Crowder back, I hope it is to improve the run defense.

Adrian broke out because the defense was on the field too much. The offense needs to put together sustained drives to give them some rest.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:11 pm
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

D got worn. O didn't do it's part. This was a Nolan victory.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Ski_Money wrote:
D got worn. O didn't do it's part. This was a Nolan victory.

Agree.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:13 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
Inside linebacker Channing Crowder

Last season was mostly forgettable for Crowder and inside linebacker Akin Ayodele, prompting the Dolphins to send Ayodele packing and sign Dansby, an inside 'backer, to a five-year, $43 million contract.

The draft-day acquisition of Tim Dobbins from San Diego plus the drafting of four linebackers were clear messages that Crowder could be bounced to the sideline if he doesn't bounce back.

Crowder played hurt much of the year, missing two games at mid-season with a shoulder injury and the finale against Pittsburgh with a foot problem. He expressed confidence during the spring that he'll be back at full speed for the opening practice.

Still, those injuries were only part of the reason Crowder's tackles dropped from a career-high 114 in 2008 to 51 last year. His intensity seemed to drop a notch and his speed to the ballcarrier was lacking, resulting in many of his tackles coming several yards downfield.

Some insiders say Crowder got too close to malcontent Joey Porter and that his departure will help Crowder.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dol ... 30874.html

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:21 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I was excited to see Crowder play this season before he got hurt...yes he talks a lot but his comments about having a breakout year this season next to Dansby I took to heart and I believe him. I think he'll be a force for us this season against the run.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:49 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

After seeing Dobbins miss on blitz after blitz including one where he had a clean shot at Favre and got faked out by an old QB...I'm looking forward to seeing Crowder back.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]