View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Ask Mike: Why didn't the Dolphins offense do more? 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Ask Mike: Why didn't the Dolphins offense do more?
I'll take the win and lack of interceptions by Henne. It wasn't pretty, but this is the first time Sparano has started off 1-0 and it was against the Bills in Buffalo. Take the win and move on.

Ask Mike wrote:
Q: I’m still scratching my head over some of the calls for the offense. Why didn’t we open up the field on Buffalo? The offense still seams uneasy. I don’t know! G Money, Flint, Mich.

A: Going back to Thursday, Tony Sparano had said his biggest key to winning this game was winning the turnover battle. Well, there weren’t any turnovers Sunday – on either side – so the fact that Chad Henne managed his way through this game with a ton of check-downs and was able to avoid the big mistake was good enough for the Dolphins coaches. Even offensive coordinator Dan Henning, asked Thursday what would make Sunday a successful 2010 debut for Henne, said it came down to winning and nothing more. Sure, Henne’s 5.4 yards per attempt wasn’t very impressive, but at least it was better than Trent Edwards’ putrid 4.1 YPA on the other side. After waiting since 2005 to be 1-0, the Dolphins will take it.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:10 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: Ask Mike: Why didn't the Dolphins offense do more?
There was one play where Chad Henne made me think he was maturing and it culminated in a sack. Pressure was coming and Chad starts to launch the ball into the flat. The LB had seen RB coming out and went out to cover him. He was already breaking on the ball before it was thrown. Henne didn't throw it. Instead he tucked it and took the sack. As it turned out, that one play was one of his best decisions of the game.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]