All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:25 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Too much coaching turnover for a first year coach, but so far it's been his decision to part with coaches. With a revamped roster, now is the time to make those changes if you are going to do it. I wonder why we are allowing Graham to interview for the Giants DC position since he is still under contract with us. For Graham, this would be a better move for him as he would assume full time duties as DC, not just a playcaller.

Rumors are that the Dolphins may promote Josh Boyer to DC if they allow Graham to leave. I love Wade Phillips. He had a tough year this year, but that is rarely the case. I would consider him one of the greatest defensive minds in the game. I'm not sure if Flores is wiling to give up DC duties as he wants to mold the team in his own image.

Joe Schad (Palm Beach Post) wrote:
The Giants are interested in Dolphins defensive coordinator Patrick Graham. A request to interview Graham has been made and is expected to be fulfilled, according to NFL Network.

Miami coach Brian Flores let go offensive coordinator Chad O’Shea, offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo and safeties coach Tony Oden after the season.

Graham and Flores had worked together in New England. New Giants coach Joe Judge also worked with Graham in New England. Flores is obviously heavily involved in Miami’s defensive scheme, but Graham was hired to call the plays. Graham is from Connecticut and has also previously worked for the Giants.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20 ... ick-graham

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:38 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

More info.

Armando Salguero (Miami Herald) wrote:
It is surprising, firstly, for Graham to show an obvious desire to get out of his contract with the Dolphins after only one year, which is exactly what is happening.

And it would be odd for the Dolphins to grant the relatively new coach permission to leave, especially since he’d be leaving essentially for a lateral move.

NFL teams are not compelled to grant interview requests to coaches under contract for lateral moves.

The Giants cannot contend Graham would be going for a promotion unless that team gives him an assistant head coach title because Graham already calls the defense in Miami and the Giants cannot contend giving him play-calling duties in New York would be a promotion.

And this: It’s clear Flores did not expect to lose Graham this offseason. The Dolphins coach fired offensive coordinator Chad O’Shea and safeties coach Tony Oden and moved on from offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo. Those decisions were mostly made before the season even ended.

Graham possibly leaving was not in the cards until the Giants hired former New England coach Joe Judge in a something of a surprising move. So it’s impossible for Flores to have anticipated losing Graham to the Giants.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]