All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:07 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm not going to post mock every time one comes out, but this is significant in that this mock has Jordan Love rising and Herbert falling.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... n-round-1/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:00 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Tony Pauline Pre-Senior Bowl NFL Mock 2.0

Tony Pauline (Pro Football Network) wrote:
5) Miami Dolphins: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
The injury concerns me, but Tua played much better than any quarterback not named Burrow in 2019. Tagovailoa possesses all the physical skills to play on Sundays. He has a next-level arm, makes all the passes and, at the same time, easily makes plays with his legs.

That said, there are still many questions to be answered before the 2020 NFL Draft, which I have talked about in recent weeks on our Draft Insiders Podcast here at PFN.

18) Miami Dolphins (from PIT): D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia
The Dolphins fill their running back hole with the top player at the position. Swift constantly shows the ability to blow open blase games with huge runs from the line of scrimmage. He combines big-play ability while paying attention to the details of the game.

27) Miami Dolphins (from HOU): Jedrick Wills Jr., OT, Alabama
Wills does not grade as highly on my board in comparison to others but is a good fit for the Dolphins. For perspective, I grade Wills a distant fifth or sixth after Andrew Thomas and Tristan Wirfs. I grade his teammate and fellow Alabama Crimson Tide offensive lineman Alex Leatherwood much higher than Wills. However, Leatherwood ultimately decided to return to Alabama for the 2020 season.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/tony ... saints-qb/

QBs in the first round:

Tony Pauline wrote:
1) Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
I’m going off my board here and have my concerns. But there’s no denying the upward momentum of Burrow. In the SEC Championship Live Blog, I noted that Burrow’s decision making and ability to make quick decisions under duress (decisions which are right on the money more often than not) is most impressive. His poise under the rush and ability to see the field, make proper reads, and spread the ball around will excite next level decision-makers.

12) Las Vegas Raiders: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
The Raiders are ready to move on from Derek Carr. Herbert had a nice game against Wisconsin, but there will still be many questions about him as we lead up to the 2020 NFL Draft. Simply, he needs all the other pieces working around him. As I’ve mentioned before this season, Herbert has all the tools to be a big-time passer but there’s not a ton of wow factor to his game. Additionally, it’s hard to trust that he’s going to come through in the clutch when it matters most.

13) Indianapolis Colts: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
Love needs a ton of work and is not NFL ready but comes with a tremendous upside. But remember – this was basically the book on Mahomes when he entered the 2017 NFL Draft. I’m a big fan of Love, and I understand why some scouts grade him higher than Tagovailoa based on his upside. However, I also realize he’s going to need time and a real good quarterback coach at the next level, just like Mahomes. The Colts, under head coach Frank Reich, would be a nice fit for him.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:33 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I am not sure what all was left at that point but am generally not in favor of taking a rb in the first round.

Maybe Yetur Gross-Matos or Tyler Biadasz instead.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:48 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
I am not sure what all was left at that point but am generally not in favor of taking a rb in the first round.

Maybe Yetur Gross-Matos or Tyler Biadasz instead.

It's such a crazy time for the running back. I see great backs such as Dalvin Cook just averaging 2 yards a carry against defenses designed to stop the new passing offenses. But, then you see a big back such as Derrick Henry being unstoppable. If Swift is a Csonka type of running back, then I'll be all in; otherwise, forget it.

BTW, LSU head coach says that Tua has the quickest pass release that he's ever seen.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:30 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

You can make an argument for Swift being an all purpose weapon but 18 seems high

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]