View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Our First Coordinator Thursday! 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Our First Coordinator Thursday!
Quote:
Miami Dolphins: Our First Coordinator Thursday!
by: Mike Berardino September 9th, 2010 | 2:25 PM

Offensive coordinator Dan Henning was asked — OK, I asked him — about where the Wildcat stands in the offense heading into Year 3 of its comeback, and more specifically how much he grew to appreciate Ronnie Brown’s handling of the Wildcat controls as he sat out the final seven games of last season.

“I don’t want to throw this off base, but we still ran some direct snap after Ronnie was done last year,” Henning said. “We scored a number of touchdowns with Ricky [Williams] running it or with Pat White going in and running what we call ‘direct snap.’

“Wildcat is this special little deal that we do where Coach Sparano calls it The Flying Wallenda. You know,where we send the guy in motion.”

Defensive coordinator Mike Nolan was finally ready to answer the question I first asked him in late May about whether Cameron Wake could be the Dolphins’ version of Elvis Dumerville, for whom Nolan made a lot of money last year in Denver.

“It’s hard for me to compare guys,” Nolan said. “I would say this, it’s not always about athletic ability and all that. Theres’ a lot of innards. If Elvis walked in here, you really wouldn’t think he was a 17 1/2 sack guy last year. You would see a 5-11, 235-pound guy that you kind of go, ‘My goodness. I mean, aren’t you supposed to look like this when you get 17 1/2 sacks?’ But he’s got a real tenacity about him . Everybody’s built differently inside now.”

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... rsday.html

Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:59 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Miami Dolphins: Our First Coordinator Thursday!
Quote:

Defensive coordinator Mike Nolan was finally ready to answer the question I first asked him in late May about whether Cameron Wake could be the Dolphins’ version of Elvis Dumerville, for whom Nolan made a lot of money last year in Denver.

“It’s hard for me to compare guys,” Nolan said. “I would say this, it’s not always about athletic ability and all that. Theres’ a lot of innards. If Elvis walked in here, you really wouldn’t think he was a 17 1/2 sack guy last year. You would see a 5-11, 235-pound guy that you kind of go, ‘My goodness. I mean, aren’t you supposed to look like this when you get 17 1/2 sacks?’ But he’s got a real tenacity about him . Everybody’s built differently inside now.”

As for Wake, is he ready to be a three-down player after basically serving as a situational pass rusher in 2009?

“We’ll find out,” Nolan said. ” I think it’s really the endurance factor. We’ll see what the game brings. In the preseason you don’t ever challenge them to that degree to have all the snaps, so we’ll see. We rotate our guys anyway to keep them fresh, as most teams do … He’s a good pass rusher. He’s a good football player.”

Good enough, though, to approach 17 1/2 sacks someday soon?

Don’t know about that, but I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see Wake get a dozen or so sacks this year.

posting.php?mode=post&f=2

Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]