View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Miami's offense is "going to be tough to defend" 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Miami's offense is "going to be tough to defend"
I've been hearing this, but I haven't seen it yet. I have a feeling that Henne will do better in year 2. And having a healthy Ronnie and Cobbs could make defenses scratching their heads.

Quote:
Marshall's mere presence on the field will diversify an offense that has relied on running backs Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams.

"It's going to be tough to defend," Henne said. "If you give us on-on-one coverage, we have Brandon out there one-on-one and, obviously, we have other receivers in Devon [Bess] and [Brian] Hartline. If you keep two deep and keep less guys in the box, then we're going to run the ball at you."

With added options come a more complicated offense. That will create more situations at the line of scrimmage and in the pocket that will call on Henne's generalship. He has to be up to the challenge.

"I think what I've learned is decision making and handling the ball the right way and making better decisions out there," Henne said. "I've kind of accomplished more in the preseason and the offseason, but there's still work to be done.

"We obviously have new weapons out there, so just go through my reads and be the quarterback that I am."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... to-step-up

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:18 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Miami's offense is "going to be tough to defend"
Wish I could jump up and down and agree with this, but I have to see something on the field before I can get excited

Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:08 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

I agree Degs. One play from preseason sticks out in my mind. It was a 3rd and 4 play. Marshall's man is 10yds (normally an exaggeration but no, he was a full 10 yds off Marshall) off. Most QB's see this, throw the quick hitch and let the WR beat the guy. Henne dropped back and threw an incompletion in the middle of the field. If Miami is truly going to rise up out of mediocrity, Henne has to recognize that and make the play. If Henning doesn't allow him to deviate from the call, then we'll continue to scratch our heads into the season.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:53 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
I agree Degs. One play from preseason sticks out in my mind. It was a 3rd and 4 play. Marshall's man is 10yds (normally an exaggeration but no, he was a full 10 yds off Marshall) off. Most QB's see this, throw the quick hitch and let the WR beat the guy. Henne dropped back and threw an incompletion in the middle of the field. If Miami is truly going to rise up out of mediocrity, Henne has to recognize that and make the play. If Henning doesn't allow him to deviate from the call, then we'll continue to scratch our heads into the season.

I didn't see a lot of Miami's preseason...doubtful, but do you think you could upload a video of that play?

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:36 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tough to defend? Really? Because in the last month I've seen 4 teams defend it pretty darn well.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:18 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I don't care how good our backs, receivers, and qb are, as long as the interior of our offensive line continues to be a turnstyle, we aren't going anywhere offensively.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]