FOX Sports Adam Schein's AFC East Predictions
The common thoughts in most predictions is that the Jets will win the AFC East, and that the Dolphins will finish in 3rd but still make the playoffs. What I do agree with is that the AFC East will be a 16 game playoff to the end, and that makes for an exciting season!
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL- ... dam-Schein
Adam Schein wrote:
Patriots 10-6 (wild card)
Dolphins 10-6 (wild card)
1. I usually get ripped for thinking the Bills always have a chance. Not the case this year. I don’t like the choice for head coach. I don’t love the staff. I’m concerned about the offensive line. I think the quarterback is talented but suffers from a lack of confidence.
2. But Buffalo did do one thing right in drafting C.J. Spiller, my pick for Offensive Rookie of the Year.
3. The Dolphins defense is vastly improved with Mike Nolan taking over, and the club added Karlos Dansby, Koa Misi and Jared Odrick. The second-year cornerbacks will play even better.
4. Chad Henne is going to surprise you with how many yards he throws for this year. Brandon Marshall changes everything.
5. The Patriots have no running attack. And Logan Mankins is certainly stubborn enough to hold out for an entire season. But Tom Brady is flat-out amazing. Wes Welker is healthy. I like the young tight ends.
6. The Patriots will be much better than you think. I like the young defensive backs. I love a healthy Jerod Mayo.
7. Even if Darrelle Revis didn’t play a down, the Jets defense would still lead them to wins. Antonio Cromartie needed a change of scenery. Rex Ryan and Mike Pettine do a great job. But the Calvin Pace injury is a big deal. Ryan and Pettine love this cat. Pace is an underrated pass rusher.
8. Mark Sanchez spent time this offseason working with my radio co-host Rich Gannon. The two big areas Sanchez needs to improve? Third-down and fourth-quarter efficiency.
9. I think LaDainian Tomlinson bounces back in a major way.