View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 FOX Sports Adam Schein's AFC East Predictions 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post FOX Sports Adam Schein's AFC East Predictions
The common thoughts in most predictions is that the Jets will win the AFC East, and that the Dolphins will finish in 3rd but still make the playoffs. What I do agree with is that the AFC East will be a 16 game playoff to the end, and that makes for an exciting season!

Adam Schein wrote:
AFC East

Jets 11-5
Patriots 10-6 (wild card)
Dolphins 10-6 (wild card)
Bills 3-13

1. I usually get ripped for thinking the Bills always have a chance. Not the case this year. I don’t like the choice for head coach. I don’t love the staff. I’m concerned about the offensive line. I think the quarterback is talented but suffers from a lack of confidence.

2. But Buffalo did do one thing right in drafting C.J. Spiller, my pick for Offensive Rookie of the Year.

3. The Dolphins defense is vastly improved with Mike Nolan taking over, and the club added Karlos Dansby, Koa Misi and Jared Odrick. The second-year cornerbacks will play even better.

4. Chad Henne is going to surprise you with how many yards he throws for this year. Brandon Marshall changes everything.

5. The Patriots have no running attack. And Logan Mankins is certainly stubborn enough to hold out for an entire season. But Tom Brady is flat-out amazing. Wes Welker is healthy. I like the young tight ends.

6. The Patriots will be much better than you think. I like the young defensive backs. I love a healthy Jerod Mayo.

7. Even if Darrelle Revis didn’t play a down, the Jets defense would still lead them to wins. Antonio Cromartie needed a change of scenery. Rex Ryan and Mike Pettine do a great job. But the Calvin Pace injury is a big deal. Ryan and Pettine love this cat. Pace is an underrated pass rusher.

8. Mark Sanchez spent time this offseason working with my radio co-host Rich Gannon. The two big areas Sanchez needs to improve? Third-down and fourth-quarter efficiency.

9. I think LaDainian Tomlinson bounces back in a major way.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL- ... dam-Schein

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:48 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: FOX Sports Adam Schein's AFC East Predictions
Other areas Sanchez needs to improve on:
1) increasing completion percentage, yards and TD's
2) reducing INT's

If he can do those two things he could be a mediocre QB

Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:49 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

:jests:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:05 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Schein is smoking some funny stuff if he thinks 3 playoff teams are coming out of the AFC East. I bet the division winner will be 10-6. We might see one wild card, but I doubt we have 2 of them in the east.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]