View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 OLB Ikaika Alama-Francis Working Ahead of Koa Misi 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post OLB Ikaika Alama-Francis Working Ahead of Koa Misi
Ikaika Alama-Francis was one of the feel-good stories of training camp. Glad that it turned out more than a story. It looks like he's found new life converting from 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB.

Quote:
Ikaika Alama-Francis Working Ahead of Koa Misi
Tue Sep 7, 2010 --from FFMastermind.com

The Palm Beach Post reports Miami Dolphins OLB Ikaika Alama-Francis, a converted defensive end looking to revive his career after being cut by Detroit, continued to work at outside linebacker with the first-team defense on Monday instead of rookie OLB Koa Misi, who held the job for the first four weeks of training camp.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:47 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Re: OLB Ikaika Alama-Francis Working Ahead of Koa Misi
Is there something wrong with are coaching staff? We are just days away from starting the season and we are still juggling the starting line-up. Don't get me wrong I am glad if Alama-Francis is proving he should be the starter, but how long does it take the coaches to notice who has he most talent and should be starting.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:27 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It's more rotation.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:11 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

dnice23666 wrote:
but how long does it take the coaches to notice who has he most talent and should be starting.

It is not rare to see a training camp competition go all the way to right before the start of the regular season. That's the point of four evaluation games.

I don't see what the big deal is. It's not as if we had an entrenched starter at the position.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:48 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Wait until the NFL shortens the preseason to 2 games and extends the season to 18 games.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:53 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

From what I've seen of Francis this is no slight against Misi. Francis sets the edge better and still gets good push to the QB on passing downs. I see this as the Grove/Berger battle all over again. You have two qualified guys. To me, I wish every position on the team were as competitive with two decent candidates battling it out. I'll take that everyday over the Nickle job where the defacto starter might have been signed a week ago.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:03 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
From what I've seen of Francis this is no slight against Misi. Francis sets the edge better and still gets good push to the QB on passing downs. I see this as the Grove/Berger battle all over again. You have two qualified guys. To me, I wish every position on the team were as competitive with two decent candidates battling it out. I'll take that everyday over the Nickle job where the defacto starter might have been signed a week ago.

I agree, Alama-Francis is a great run stuffer, a Matt Roth type player in my opinion. The guy plays with a high motor and he'll come in and absolutely shut down the run for us. There is a reason Bill Sheridan begged Sparano to give him a try at linebacker this offseason.
Misi will come in on passing situations where he is at his best. It's not that Misi isn't good against the run, he's just not as good as Alama-Francis yet. I think both guys are solid players and both will see a lot of playing time this year. I'm with you NFLJunkie, the competition is good at OLB.
:yay:

Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:33 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

dnice23666 wrote:
Is there something wrong with are coaching staff? We are just days away from starting the season and we are still juggling the starting line-up. Don't get me wrong I am glad if Alama-Francis is proving he should be the starter, but how long does it take the coaches to notice who has he most talent and should be starting.

Somthing wrong.......What coaching staff don't do that?????

Who is the starting running back for the Patriots this week???????
Who is the starting running back for the Colts this week??????

Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Somthing wrong.......What coaching staff don't do that?????

Who is the starting running back for the Patriots this week???????
Who is the starting running back for the Colts this week??????

Maroney and Addai respectively....same as it was last year....what point were you trying to prove? Both of those teams will finish over .500 as well....and make the playoffs. They make solid personnel decisions and are well coached.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]