View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:06 am



Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 The latest on the Miami Dolphins at this hour 
Author Message
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3373
Post The latest on the Miami Dolphins at this hour
Quote:
I'm hearing whispers out of Mobile, Alabama where the Dolphins staff is coaching the South team that offensive lineman John Jerry is among the players that has caught the coaches' collective eyeballs.

...

Anyway, about Jerry: He played left tackle almost exclusively at Ole Miss. But the Dolphins are curious about him as a guy that might be able to play either tackle or guard spot. At 6-5 and 335 pounds he has a bit of that swing size

.......

the Miami offensive line isn't completely solidified yet.

The right guard spot continues to be a question mark for the team

...

The Dolphins like Nate Garner but aren't prepared to anoint him the starter by any means. Jerry could be a mid-round answer

.....


http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... -hour.html


Last edited by AQNOR on Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:31 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3838
Post Re: The latest on the Miami Dolphins at this hour
Lol Eric Green... oh my.


Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: The latest on the Miami Dolphins at this hour
A question mark? I don't get it man.....I thought DT was awesome at that RG position. Then they start rotating him with Garner, and I think that's where it started going south.


Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 955
Post Re: The latest on the Miami Dolphins at this hour
Phins Rock wrote:
A question mark? I don't get it man.....I thought DT was awesome at that RG position. Then they start rotating him with Garner, and I think that's where it started going south.


They started rotating him because he wasn't doing very well. His pass protection was often inconsistent.. and he seems to have problems run blocking on the move. The potential is there. He is strong as an ox. He just has to get his technique down.

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:49 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: The latest on the Miami Dolphins at this hour
hypocritex wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
A question mark? I don't get it man.....I thought DT was awesome at that RG position. Then they start rotating him with Garner, and I think that's where it started going south.


They started rotating him because he wasn't doing very well. His pass protection was often inconsistent.. and he seems to have problems run blocking on the move. The potential is there. He is strong as an ox. He just has to get his technique down.

I'll agree somewhat. Remember though that the chemistry he had with his center got hurt when Grove went down.

He's a mauler at RG, and is great pulling and going out blocking on screens and such. I think more experience and technique, (remember he only started playing late in his sophomore year), and you're looking at an absolute stud for a long time at RG. I think he is pretty solid over there already though.


Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:01 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3373
Post Re: The latest on the Miami Dolphins at this hour
Phins Rock wrote:
hypocritex wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
A question mark? I don't get it man.....I thought DT was awesome at that RG position. Then they start rotating him with Garner, and I think that's where it started going south.


They started rotating him because he wasn't doing very well. His pass protection was often inconsistent.. and he seems to have problems run blocking on the move. The potential is there. He is strong as an ox. He just has to get his technique down.

I'll agree somewhat. Remember though that the chemistry he had with his center got hurt when Grove went down.

He's a mauler at RG, and is great pulling and going out blocking on screens and such. I think more experience and technique, (remember he only started playing late in his sophomore year), and you're looking at an absolute stud for a long time at RG. I think he is pretty solid over there already though.


It appears that the coaches do not agree with you, that he is pretty solid over there already, since they did substitue for him during the season.


Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: The latest on the Miami Dolphins at this hour
They also substituted Smiley aroung with Garner. This team is all about rotation. Very few players on the roster do not rotate in and out.


Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:08 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3373
Post Re: The latest on the Miami Dolphins at this hour
Phins Rock wrote:
They also substituted Smiley aroung with Garner. This team is all about rotation. Very few players on the roster do not rotate in and out.


I thought Smiley was injured.


Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: The latest on the Miami Dolphins at this hour
AQNOR wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
They also substituted Smiley aroung with Garner. This team is all about rotation. Very few players on the roster do not rotate in and out.


I thought Smiley was injured.


At one point, (around week 13 or 14), he was asked if the reason he was not starting, and not getting much playing time was because he was still hurt. He said he had been 100%. And even after he was re-inserted in the starting line-up, he was rotated quite a bit.


Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:26 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: StereoMike and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.