View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Predictions!! 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Predictions!!
Well fellas another season of Dolphin football is amongst us. I hope this year is a great one, which I'm sure it will. Brandon Marshall should give us an exciting aerial attack that we haven't had in years. I would like to see what kind of season predictions you guys have now that it's week 1 and also the predictions for our opener against the Bills. Have fun with it and enjoy another season of our beloved Dolphins football.

Season prediction: 11-5 (Division Champs)!!

Bills game: 31-10 Miami (Nalboner makes the first TD catch of the season....LOL)

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:08 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Predictions!!
Ahhh...How much I've longed for these threads.

23-16 Miami. I agree, Nalboner will shove it up their a$$'s for a couple of scores. ;)

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:10 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:
Ahhh...How much I've longed for these threads.

23-16 Miami. I agree, Nalboner will shove it up their a$$'s for a couple of scores. ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHA...LMAO

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:13 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

8-8, miss the playoffs. One year away from the young players developing, particularly Henne. You can't put too much expectations on a 2nd year starter, but that's what people will do and if he doesn't meet their expectations he will get called a bust. Defense has a lot of questions, so does interior offensive line. Early schedule is brutal.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:44 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I say 9-7 but Henne has growing pains and we con't. to play at the level of our competition. But, if we play the way we played agasint the Colts or Saints last year and make a play or two, we could be in the hunt. Rich is right, the beginning of the schedule is tough.

24-17 win over the Bills

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:11 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
8-8, miss the playoffs. One year away from the young players developing, particularly Henne. You can't put too much expectations on a 2nd year starter, but that's what people will do and if he doesn't meet their expectations he will get called a bust. Defense has a lot of questions, so does interior offensive line. Early schedule is brutal.

That sounds about right.

10-6 on the very optimistic end if all manner things fall in to place nicely.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think 7-9, perhaps even 6-10. Too much turnover on the roster. Lots of youth on the field...Offensive live has taken a step back and the defense has huge question marks all over the field. Who will rush the passer besides Wake? Who can play CB opposite Vontae? Is Clemons really the man at safety....I guess he can't be worse than Gibril Wilson? The offensive line play is likely to cramp Henne's development, will certainly hinder the running game and will frustrate Marshall because he will get open but Henne will be running for his life or playing Captain Checkdown. Thigpen might be a better fit if we are going to force the QB to run for his life this year.

I see another opening day loss on the way too....Buffalo 17 - Miami 10.....Spiller gets his first TD and Lee Evans roasts a CB for a long score. Ricky Williams gets the Dolphins TD. The difference in the game will be field position....Miami will give up a bunch of it with penalties and poor return coverage.

...and I will be there, every game, courtesy of DirecTV......it will probably start turning around next year....provided Parcells and company aren't run out of town.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:00 pm

Frusterated...we traded for a "number one WR". I'm surprised you're not predicting 16-0. Lol.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:21 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I revised mine to 3-13 since we cut David Martin and Charlie Anderson. If we pick up Troy Smith I might revise it again.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:43 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Marshall was a great pick-up....I didn't see the decay of the offensive line and subsequent regression of Henne and the rushing game coming at that time though.....the line was putrid in preseason and the running game stunk. Henne had a nice quarter of play in game #2. Otherwise....not so good.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:05 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
I revised mine to 3-13 since we cut David Martin and Charlie Anderson. If we pick up Troy Smith I might revise it again.

Yeah. Because a backup TE and spot play LB are the difference between a good team and basement dwellers.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:07 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Humorous, but the team has bigger problems than cutting Martin or Anderson....and the preseason was downright ugly. Just watching the NFL Network replay of the Dallas game. Henne was in 3rd and long the whole first half. That sack and fumble was just a jail break by the Dallas "D." Long got hurt on that play. Dallas didn't play their starters at all, and we played ours the whole first half....and couldn't score more than 10 points. The miscue when Henne somehow missed a wide open Hartline for a TD was hard to watch....I guess Henne thought it was an out and Hartline kept going upfield, but it looked pretty clear that Hartline was streaking for a TD with no one between him and the ball BEFORE Henne let fly with the throw to the sideline...which actually allowed the defender to almost make a play on the ball. Yuck. Ricky's big run was nice. The line actually blocked well that time and Ricky had great vision to make the most of the blocks. Wish there had been more of that.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:10 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

7-9
Fans start jumping off the nearest bridge by week 4 when we are 0-4. Finish the season with a couple wins and show some glimmer of hope for next year.
Interior Oline stinks
Secondary has major holes
Henne has chemistry issues early, he responds by putting together some decent games and by the end of the year he shows that he is developing nicely.
Marshall makes the headlines more than once and not for good reasons.
Ronnie gets hurt again and misses half the season.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:35 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Well considering I have Ricky on my fantasy team...

Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:50 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

funny how people are making statements like our O line has regressed etc...its preseason... i will wait till some actual games before i can agree with that....i hope Buffalo stacks the box... i want to see what Marshall can really do....i think we will be 10-6...and on fire when we hit the playoffs...please remember... it was our D that killed us last year...do you really think we haven't improved our personal and schemes from last year?

Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:03 pm

dolphan74 wrote:
funny how people are making statements like our O line has regressed etc...its preseason... i will wait till some actual games before i can agree with that....

Well the purpose of the thread is to make a prediction before the season starts....

Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I predict this:

Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ok there was suppose to be more to that...

I predict we suck arse and rival Buffalo for last place. Week 1 will be known as the Repus Bowl for 2010. It will be horrible! Long goes down, Henne, Thigpen and Penny soon follow since our O-line blocks the rush like a knit sweater blocks the wind. White comes back and starts. He dies on the field, Ronnie starts playing QB till he blows his knee again. We forfeit the last 10 games.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:49 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Ski_Money wrote:
White comes back and starts. He dies on the field,
LMAO!!!!!! :)

Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:08 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Yeah. Because a backup TE and spot play LB are the difference between a good team and basement dwellers.

LOL! I was sarcastic. Reading the other threads with Martin and Anderson getting cut it seems like we lost Ronnie and Marshall. I was jabbing some of the other posters.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:11 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10-6. We easily beat the Bills this week 27-16, but struggle early on against top tier competition. We rebound and turn it up towards the end of the season as chemistry develops and younger players get up to speed. We get big wins against the Jets and Patriots late in the season and make a push but come up short of winning the division. We do however earn a wildcard birth and do a little damage in the playoffs. Similar to what the Jets did last year.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:01 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I really think 10-6 will win the division this year... I am not sold on the Jets, they just remind me to much of the old Dan Snyder teams, buying huge names but they don't make a team. The Patriots are hurting on defense and the running game, and Welker is not 100%. And the Bills..... Well they are the Bills

Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:35 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

PossumHollow wrote:
I really think 10-6 will win the division this year... I am not sold on the Jets, they just remind me to much of the old Dan Snyder teams, buying huge names but they don't make a team. The Patriots are hurting on defense and the running game, and Welker is not 100%. And the Bills..... Well they are the Bills

The Jets are like the Redskins of the AFC. They fork out a ton of money and always wind up around 8-8. Last year was a fluke, the Jets will be lucky to be 9-7 this season.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Along the lines of PR, I'm glad the season has started.

Despite absolutely nothing going right since the start of April, I'm still pretty hopeful for a Super Bowl season.

Can they do it? I thought so in March, but right now I'm gonna say 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

A 27-10 victory this Sunday though.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:17 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Quote:
Well the purpose of the thread is to make a prediction before the season starts....

well saying something like I think the O line will regress this year is a prediction....

stating that the o line has regressed is someone passing off their opinion as a fact... not a prediction...

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:58 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

10-6 & I don't see the Bills putting up more than 7 against us either game.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:20 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

10-6 and I think we win big Sunday 31-10 with Ronnie having a big day.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:53 pm
Profile WWW

we win big sunday. 31 - 3.
we win 13 this season & should be in Dallas in Feb.

If most of the predictions are true & we miss the playoffs is the honeymoon over for these guys??
Year 3 now so we should be better than mediocre.

Just keeping the faith here (for a change)

Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:15 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

While I think 9-7, I am going to give us one more to go 10-6. Strange, I don't think we are as good as 10-6. bit I think we're better than 9-7. Go figure.

Dolphins 24, Bills 14

Can Miami win in Buffalo?

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:44 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

In September, sure.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:01 am

dolphan74 wrote:
Quote:

well saying something like I think the O line will regress this year is a prediction....

stating that the o line has regressed is someone passing off their opinion as a fact... not a prediction...

You're doing an extreme hair split on that one....

Sounds like you just don't like people to have critical opinions of the team.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:36 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

THIS TEAM SUCKS!!!

OMG WE BLOW!!!

0-16! Perfect both ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:41 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

9-7 +/- 2

The season is definitely a marathon and between the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins, the healthy team will probably win the division at 11-5.

Miami - Slow start, defense will take time to find its feet with so many young players. Strong finish.
Jets - Like Washington, they're media whores. They've got talent but will only go as far as Sanchez takes them which depending upon whom you ask, might not be far.
Patriots - Defense is a sieve. They lost their best CB for the season and struggled to apply any pressure to the QB in the preseason...a hallmark from last year. The offense is still Brady to Moss/Welker and now a new toy in the TE. The running game is non-existant. They'll do okay until Brady gets his skirt wrinkled.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:56 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FINesse wrote:
we win big sunday. 31 - 3.
we win 13 this season & should be in Dallas in Feb.

love the sarcasm there. :)
As for the honeymoon period being over, I think it is already on the wane. That being said, I don't think they honeymoon period being over would signify any change in management, I think they are doing a better job than the last three jokers we have had in there. Still, they need to keep improving this team and not settle on one playoff appearance in three years.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:46 am
Phinfever FFL Commish
Phinfever FFL Commish

I predict 8-8 to 9-6 for the year. We beat the Bills in Week One 27 to 13.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:58 am

TennFinFan13 wrote:

9-6? Are you predicting a game may be cancelled?

Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:55 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

In all honesty right now I would really like to see a W, a good performance by our Offense and an even better performance by our defense...

23 - 17 Dolphins pull it out in the end.....

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:07 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I have no clue how this team is going to finish, but as for this weekends game I think its going to be tough. Minor injuries to Long, Davis, Crowder coupled with what appears to be a lack of running game, drops or lack of chemistry between Henne and the receivers (as seen in the pre-season), and lastly we haven't won IN Buffalo in 7 years, does not bode well for us........I'm guessing 24-10 Bills. I do hope I'm wrong.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:52 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Rich wrote:
TennFinFan13 wrote:

9-6? Are you predicting a game may be cancelled?

Perhaps the work stoppage comes a year early? LOL
Or maybe we beat the Jets so bad the first game they refuse to the second?

I hope the jets fall on their face this year. I hate them and Ryan just gives
me another reason.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:38 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

week one 31-14 Phins

10-6 either wildcard or we miss it due to crazy If so and so wins then this team is win situation.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next