All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:49 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

If he hadn't had a lower leg injury, there would have already been discussion for an extension this offseason. Figuring out his price-tag is the question.

Hal Habib wrote:
Grant was leading the NFL in kickoff return yardage and ranked among the leaders in punt returns when he suffered a lower leg injury 10 games into the season last year. Although initially thought to be a torn Achilles, Grant said it wasn’t that severe.

“It was a big relief because I’ve seen a lot of guys that, some guys don’t come back from it,” said Grant, who did not disclose the exact nature of the problem.

The one thing that’s harder to teach — you either have it or you don’t — is the speed Grant possesses. Combine that with his age and Grant should be in line for a nice payday.

The question is timing. The Dolphins likely want to give Grant time to show he’s back at full speed before making a commitment. But then again, if they wait too long, Grant might test free agency, which would mean the Dolphins either lose him or pay a stiffer price. It’s a poker game that bears watching.

“This is ‘bag’ season for me,” Grant said. “I feel like last year I kind of made a big name for myself in the return game. I want to be the best returner in the league. And I want to be one of the top receivers in the league. I’m going to continue to play the best I ever can.”

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20 ... rom-injury

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]