All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:06 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

While this is a fantasy football piece it should be good news for us on which player may really shine as they will get a lot of opportunities. At least for the first half/quarter of the season. Rosen should start for this team whether he has beaten out Fitzpatrick or not by game 9 at the very latest. The Dolphins should invest in at least a half a season of due diligence on Rosen.

PFF wrote:
While I like Miami’s offense a bit better than current mock drafters, it’s still hard to get particularly excited about any of these names. However, if Fitzpatrick is named the starter, one player on this offense is going to shoot up my rankings to become one of my favorite late-round sleepers.

That player will be the team’s primary slot wide receiver, but, unfortunately, we don’t yet know which wide receiver that might be. Last month, Jackson reported head coach Brian Flores to be “non-committal” on this topic. Still, he narrowed down the list of suspects to either Stills or Wilson, and I agree.

Here’s why this is important:

Over the past decade, Fitzpatrick has targeted a wide receiver running a route from the slot on 26.4% of his total attempts. That leads all 65 quarterbacks with at least 600 pass attempts over this span and is well above the league-average rate (19.9%).

Okay, so, clearly one of these two wide receivers should benefit if Fitzpatrick is named the starter (and holds onto that job). So, which wide receiver should it be?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/f ... e-in-miami

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:58 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:

Over the past decade, Fitzpatrick has targeted a wide receiver running a route from the slot on 26.4% of his total attempts. That leads all 65 quarterbacks with at least 600 pass attempts over this span and is well above the league-average rate (19.9%).

Okay, so, clearly one of these ... wide receivers should benefit if Fitzpatrick is named the starter (and holds onto that job). So, which wide receiver should it be?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/f ... e-in-miami

Jarvis Landry?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:48 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
Jarvis Landry?

He would have been perfect. While he's turned into a big-mouth, I do miss his hands and fighting spirit on the field.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]