All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:54 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

One thing I will say is that he did NOT impress in last year's offseason. Xavian Howard owned him.

Quote:
Miami Dolphins - WR DeVante Parker

He has regularly looked like the Dolphins' best offensive player this spring, making highlight grabs along the sideline and consistently being a threat in the red zone and in the middle of the field. This isn't the first time Parker has opened eyes in the spring (only to disappoint in the fall), but it's a good sign after how bad 2018 went for him. In a surprise, the Dolphins brought back Parker this offseason on a one-year deal with hopes that a fresh start under a new coaching staff and a new quarterback (right now, Ryan Fitzpatrick) that seems to appreciate him more will help. He will have a chance to earn a starting role in 2019 alongside Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson (when healthy) if he keeps up this play. He's also being pushed by promising undrafted free agent Preston Williams, who has flashed throughout the spring. -- Cameron Wolfe

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/269 ... -teams#mia

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:06 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

A little more info on DeVante Parker from Barry Jackson this morning. It's that time of the season when we hear "hype" which is far better than hearing that they were arrested during this "vacation" they are having until the end of July. I know, I'm not buying too much into it because he'll get injured after a couple of games.

Barry Jackson wrote:
Meanwhile, OchoCinco — a South Florida resident and Dolphins fan — hopes to work out with Dolphins receivers this offseason.

He likes the top four of DeVante Parker, Kenny Stills, Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant.

He expects to train with Parker and won’t be surprised if he breaks out this season.

“All he has to do is be consistent — which is easier said than done,” OchoCinco said. “[Dolphins offensive coordinator] Chad O’Shea will find a way to get him ball in his hands. DeVante can be special for us. If Chad O’Shea can get him the ball early and once that confidence sets in, everything will take care of itself.”

Dolphins people believe Parker has improved in high-pointing the ball, and he has developed a good chemistry with Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Dolphins general manager Chris Grier, O’Shea and receivers coach Karl Dorrell all endorsed bringing back Parker this season.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]