All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:58 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I personally feel that the Dolphins best addition this year, besides Coach Flores, is Jim Caldwell. To me, he is he real QB guru and a steady presence for Coach Flores to bounce ideas off of.

Barry Jackson wrote:
Immersed in a quarterback competition with Rosen — a competition Fitzpatrick is clearly leading in the early stages — Fitzpatrick said he has learned this from previous competitions: “Everything matters. That’s something I’ve learned throughout my career. These little drills that (assistant head coach/quarterbacks) coach [Jim] Caldwell is putting us through on the side, they matter. They come up in games. The attention to detail you have when you’re doing it on air or when you’re doing it on a practice field shows up in a game.

“It shows up all the time. That’s why the drills are there for a reason. He’s seen a lot of football. Once you figure out that everything matters, and some of that I learned the hard way through not doing it right the first time on the field during a game, that lesson gets knocked into your head and you don’t forget it.”

Dolphins fans should hope that Caldwell works magic with Rosen.

“It’s great to have a guy like that that has really been around and seen it all,” Fitzpatrick said. “I think more than anything with him, the word that comes to mind is calm, steady influence, perspective. He has plenty of wisdom that is always great.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... 20534.html

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:25 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I agree. Our coaching staff is going to be the best one since Jimmy. I know the competition for that title isn't the best, but still.

PS: Seeing Fitzpatrick in a Fins uniform makes me want to cry. I can't be the only one.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]