All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:18 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The problem with Reshad Jones, which showed up last year, is that he feels entitled. When anyone turns down to the dark side you alienate your friends (and your fans in this case). It hurts me that one of my favorite players over the years has lost my respect.

https://twitter.com/houtz/status/1135974154514178048

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:41 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He got that respect when he earned a $12m annual contract worth $60,000,000 over 5 years. WTF is with players nowadays?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:53 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Are you not entertained!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:18 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Jones plays hard through pain, and that is commendable, but if he isn't starting then it is a different manner. He should have come in because it is a new system and he is a defensive leader. He could have stayed out of the physical parts of practices. Now, he's only had 2 practices with the team and another long vacation until the end of July. Enough said about that.

ESPN: Cameron Wolfe wrote:
"Voluntary mean voluntary," Jones said. "So I took the time to get physically ready to play a 16-game stretch coming off a surgery in February."

Jones had surgery on his partially torn right labrum, an injury he played through for much of last season. He said his shoulder rehab played a big factor in his staying away from the team this spring and that he is not 100 percent yet -- but he's close.

Dolphins coach Brian Flores was all smiles Tuesday when speaking about Jones, noting that the two-time Pro Bowl safety was in good shape, good spirits and eager to get to work.

That being said, Flores didn't assure Jones a starting job when assessing the Dolphins' safety situation last week. Jones has been a starter since 2011, his second year in the league.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/268 ... ol-control

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:47 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Flores won't even acknowledge that Tunsil is a starter, not calling Jones a starter should be no surprise. No sacred cows. While I think it is coach speak and an effort to show consistency in Tunsil's case, overall Flores is sending a message that you can't mail it in anymore and remain a starter like in past regimes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:14 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

In my opinion players earn respect not only by their play on the field but how they carry themselves on and off the field. I have way more respect for Ryan Tannehill than I do Mr. Jones. Tannehill never pulled himself from a game because of a disagreement with a coach...and Lord knows he probably had more of a reason than any other Dolphin in the last several years.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:48 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

vafinfan wrote:
In my opinion players earn respect not only by their play on the field but how they carry themselves on and off the field. I have way more respect for Ryan Tannehill than I do Mr. Jones. Tannehill never pulled himself from a game because of a disagreement with a coach...and Lord knows he probably had more of a reason than any other Dolphin in the last several years.

I agree, va.

While Kenny Stills does not put up a lot of stats and I do not like his protests during the National Anthem, I have a heck of a lot of respect for him based on what he does in the community and what he does with the football when given a chance. Most receivers would be screaming for the football, but Stills just does his job play after play.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]