All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:49 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

He's looked good in our non-pad practices over the past 3 weeks, but his hands were never the problem. Blocking clearly is, and even though he has a passion to be a blocker our "big" free agent signing Dwayne Allen is a very good blocker. This should give Gesicki time to improve his route running and big that red zone threat that he hoped he be last year.

Barry Jackson wrote:
▪ Here’s the reason why the Dolphins still have hopes for Gesicki: His receiving skills are clearly NFL caliber. “He has really good hands and really good ability to jump and go get the ball,” Day said. “It’s just learning to beat defenders off the line of scrimmage and be able to adjust to balls in the air. He does have the ability to go up and get it. He’s got to get everything to come together and when it does you’re going to see a big jump. It’s never gradual. Everything comes together and it’s just like ‘bam’.”

▪ If you look at the top seven tight ends in receiving yards last season, all of them took huge jumps in year two. Travis Kelce, who led NFL tight ends in receiving yards, went from no catches as a rookie to 67 for 862 yards in year two. Zach Ertz went from 36-469 in year one to 58-702 in year two. Jared Cook, fourth among tight ends in receptions last season, went from 9-74 to 29-351, Eric Ebron from 25-248 to 47-537. Rob Gronkowski jumped from 42-556 to 90-1327, and Jimmy Graham from 37-356 to 99-1310. “Guys that are the premier guys, when you look at their first year, there is not nearly the production you have seen in later years, like with Ertz and Kelce,” Day said.

▪ Gesicki has added 13 pounds, to 253, and said this week he has improved as a blocker. “I just feel more comfortable out there playing,” he said. “Game’s starting to slow down a little bit, more prepared, feel like I’m in better shape.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]