All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:21 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It good to hear that Wilkins has adjusted to the speed of the NFL. I'm excited to see what he can add to this defense and am counting on him to be one of our anchors for this franchise.

Armando Salguero wrote:
First-round draft pick Christian Wilkins is already one of the team’s best three down linemen.

That was obvious time and again when Wilkins was getting his repetitions Tuesday — particularly with the starting defense against the starting offense.

Wilkins created push. He was a bundle of energy. It just felt right with him among the starters even when it didn’t always meet coach Brian Flores’ high technical standards.

And that is an improvement from the days immediately after Wilkins was drafted with the No. 11 overall selection out of Clemson. That Wilkins of four weeks ago seemed lost.

Wilkins now is not complete. But even to untrained eyes he has come a noticeable distance.

“I definitely see and feel an improvement,” Wilkins said after Tuesday’s two-hour practice. “The first day everything was real fast. And you have to adjust. You’re going up against guys that have been in the league so long, and you’re throwing things at them they’ve seen before. It’s kind of a challenge, but I love a challenge.”

Wilkins is not to be confused with Warren Sapp out there. He’s not Aaron Donald or J.J. Watt.

But he’s also not lost. Not overmatched.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:32 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

man i love this pick by the dolphins, this guy is a horse and the more i research about him the more interesting he becomes, as big as he is, isnt it true that he played his junior and sophmore years at DE, now he is the monster in the middle, him being able to play anywhere on the line will keep him in the game as much as possible for sure, if he just gets even stronger and dont gain fat weight he is going to be someone to be dealt with for years, it seems so many people think miami needs a DE but i am not sure that is truely the case, this young man has some talent and i am happy with him playing anywhere on the DL,

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:40 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Good to hear so far and hope it holds up through putting on pads and real game situations.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]