All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:51 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

His goal is to be the next Tom Brady, and having Chad O'Shea as his OC and Coach Flores' defensive scheme can make him a competitive QB ... if his mind can learn. He has a QB mind, so, I think Rosen is going to be a good one for us down the road. I'm pretty psyched.

Joe Schad wrote:
“He’s smart,” Flores said this week. “He’s got a big arm. He’s talented. He’s got some leadership ability. But he’s got a lot to learn. There’s no doubt about that. This offense, it’s not an easy one to learn. There’s something new every day. He’s improving, he’s getting better every day. I like that.”

Rosen’s accuracy and arm talent has impressed Dolphins receivers.

“Really everything,” Kenny Stills said. “I don’t know what the right word is for it, but it doesn’t look like it’s coming fast and then it gets in front of your face and you see that it’s spinning well and it has some velocity behind it. He’s a great player and he has a bright future.”

Rosen will have three mandatory mini-camp practices next week. Then he has about six weeks to study the play book on his own before training camp.

By that time, Rosen should be feeling more at home.

“I don’t know overall but I think much better than when I got here and better than yesterday,” Rosen said, when asked about comfort. “This is kind of the track. I couldn’t really give you a frame of reference but pretty good. Getting there.”

Another advantage that should pay off for Rosen this season is facing Flores’ complex defensive scheme, which uses combinations of three to five defensive linemen as well as three to six defensive backs, in practice.

“I think it’s a lot nicer to see it now as opposed to December and experience it for the first time,” Rosen said.

Rosen has been very focused on improving his recognition of defense, in calling out the opposing middle linebacker and calling out the proper offensive line protections.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20 ... ning-curve

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:26 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I would say revisiting last years draft we might just clearly be the winners in drafting Fitzpatrick and stealing Rosen. Rosen is going to be a great one and years from now we will be caring less about who is the next Tom Brady while trying to find the next Josh Rosen.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:59 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

A little something for you on the Josh Rosen front.

PFN wrote:
Tony Pauline: The Dolphins got a major steal – a potential $1,000,000 quarterback for a fraction of the price. My hopes are they go all in for Rosen and develop a team around him. My fears are they look at Rosen as a one year experiment and if it doesn’t work out in 2019, grab a QB at the top of the 2020 draft.

I see a lot of parallels the way Rosen fell and they got him for a song to the way Dan Marino fell in the 1983 NFL Draft and Miami got him for a bargain. Rosen would fit just about any offense that does not ask him to consistently pick up yardage on designed runs.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/qa-s ... questions/

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:39 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He is clearly a more natural and at ease QB, especially in the pocket than T Hill was even in Year 7. That may not be saying much though. We’ll see.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]