All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:31 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I don't really know what to say except that Cogs really needs to retire and improve his mental health. This goes to show that no matter the baggage a player can get signed if he has the talent.

247 Sports wrote:
Considering that the Raiders originally worked Incognito out back in early May, why did the team wait nearly a month to bring him into the fold on a one-year deal? As Mike Silver of NFL Network explained, the main reason is that there could be some off-the-field concerns with Incognito that will be playing a factor in his future with the team.

https://247sports.com/nfl/oakland-raide ... 132371971/

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:05 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Time bomb. Gruden thinks he can handle anyone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:33 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Gruden is already reaching in only his second year.
Another AFC team who is much hyped but is below us.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 3:15 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Man, that locker room is going to explode by week 4.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 6:06 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Oh, yeah, he's mentally ready to play in a team environment. Get back on your meds, Cogs.

Usually someone's grandmother keeps them out of trouble. Not Cogs. This guy is just nuts.

PFT wrote:
Richie Incognito, whom the Oakland Raiders signed to a one-year deal on Tuesday, pleaded guilty in April to two misdemeanors after an incident involving his 90-year-old grandmother that took place in August in Peoria, Arizona.

According to court documents obtained by ESPN, Incognito agreed to plead guilty to charges of criminal damage and disorderly conduct -- both Class 1 misdemeanors in Arizona -- after he punched a fist-sized hole in a wall in the living room and ripped a security system's control box off the wall during an argument with his grandmother at her house on Aug. 19, 2018.

The police report described Incognito as "enraged" and that he blamed his grandmother for the death of his father, which he had announced on Twitter the day before. A domestic violence charge was removed when a plea agreement was reached on April 1.

Incognito was ordered to take 10 weekly anger-management sessions and pay a $569 fine. He also was given one year of unsupervised probation per terms of the agreement. He was ordered to stay away from his grandmother's home, stay on his medication, avoid alcohol, not possess firearms and write a letter of apology.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2684 ... g-incident

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:45 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

His grandma should have broken a cane over his head

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:39 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

He's a POS busting up his grandmother's house like that. I'm not gonna pretend I'm a good person. I've done things I'm not proud of. But if there's always one thing I've always lived by, it's respect your elders.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:17 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

B/R wrote:
"You have a locker room now with Vontaze Burfict, Antonio Brown and Richie Incognito," Fox Sports 1's Colin Cowherd said on The Herd. "What's next? Are you going to sign Gary Busey as a punter?"

On top of Incognito's off-field issues, he's almost 36 and hasn't played in the NFL since 2017. While Oakland hasn't shied away from signing older players since Jon Gruden's arrival, this isn't the type of move that looks to benefit a franchise building for the future.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/283 ... ded#slide3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:43 am 

...tick ....tick ...tick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:09 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

PFT wrote:
The police report described Incognito as "enraged" and that he blamed his grandmother for the death of his father, which he had announced on Twitter the day before.

This clown is airing his family’s dirty laundry on ****ing Twitter?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:54 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

There's no way he makes that team.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:50 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I wonder if they will extend an offer to Jonathan Martin too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:48 am 

They are waiting for us to cut Walton.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:45 am 

00xtremeninja wrote:
I wonder if they will extend an offer to Jonathan Martin too.
Perfect. Ha ha

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:29 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

And there’s the inevitable Joanna Martin comment. Maybe the softest player to ever start an NFL game...in history?

Both him and Incognito are complete tools. I feel a shade embarrassed for “picking a side” back in 2012. They both wear heavy clown paint.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:25 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

^^^ you better believe if John stepped out of formation on a cheer, some of those girls would be on him at a level on par with Incognito. And then he'd have to deal with those super intense dance/cheer moms, you know, the ones that have the "I'd like to speak to your manage" haircut. He would be praying to be back in that lockerroom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:51 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Once the NFL is done with him, I expect to see Cogs either in jail or in a mental health facility.

RotoWorld wrote:
NFL suspended Raiders OG Richie Incognito two games for violating the league's personal conduct policy. This stems from an incident last summer when Incognito was arrested for disorderly conduct and making threats following a tirade at his father's funeral. The Raiders were well-aware of Incognito's mental-health struggles when they signed him and have vowed to help him in that regard. The four-time Pro Bowler spent last year out of the league but earned high marks from ProFootballFocus while playing for Buffalo in 2017 (No. 12 grade out of 80 qualifiers at guard). Denzelle Good will keep the seat warm for Incognito at left guard in Weeks 1 and 2.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/ ... -incognito

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

00xtremeninja wrote:
^^^ you better believe if John stepped out of formation on a cheer, some of those girls would be on him at a level on par with Incognito. And then he'd have to deal with those super intense dance/cheer moms, you know, the ones that have the "I'd like to speak to your manage" haircut. He would be praying to be back in that lockerroom

Being a therapist, I’m sure you know exactly what those types of people look like.

:)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:01 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Does he have mental health problems or does he like to drink/whatever and have a short fuse.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:17 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
00xtremeninja wrote:

Being a therapist, I’m sure you know exactly what those types of people look like.

Sure do, they are the ones that fire me because I get on them for their parenting styles and how it contributes to the lousy behaviors rather than discourages it. Be a darn parent, dont be your kids best friend. Then they wonder why it blows up in their face when they try to set boundaries with a 17 year old that hasnt had any effing structure their whole life.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:23 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AQNOR wrote:
Does he have mental health problems or does he like to drink/whatever and have a short fuse.

He said he wanted to cut off his dead dads head to the funeral home workers after the guy was buried. When told no, he threatened to shoot them. Totally sound of mind right?

Bet he gets a schizoaffective personality disorder diagnosis along with conduct disorder diagnosis.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:24 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I don't know him and would not know how to diagnosis him if I did. But I have heard and seen plenty of things like that from people who drink and do drugs. I am not saying he is doing that either i don't know so I asked a question.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:24 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Right, can only go off of what's public info, but I feel like theres more there than just substance abuse/dependance stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:56 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

00xtremeninja wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
00xtremeninja wrote:

Sure do, they are the ones that fire me because I get on them for their parenting styles and how it contributes to the lousy behaviors rather than discourages it. Be a darn parent, dont be your kids best friend. Then they wonder why it blows up in their face when they try to set boundaries with a 17 year old that hasnt had any effing structure their whole life.

Oh well. Just allow them to continue to be a victim of their own circumstances. 1st world problems. All some people do is complain. I am never around those types of people.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:11 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Albert Breer (MMQB) wrote:
Richie Incognito Has Issues: Any dead-ball personal foul that is any kind of blow to the head should trigger an automatic ejection. Buster Skrine will be fine, but this is absurd. It’s fair to question whether Incognito should be playing organized football right now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:23 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Man... I don't know how to feel about this one. I always thought he got a raw deal here with the whole Jennifer Martin thing, and really spiralled after that. In fact, our line has not been even decent since. He's a darn good G in my opinion but man, I don't know if his head is in it yet. Love the guy and sympathize with him somewhat but I don't think football is the best place for him stress wise.

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]