All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:00 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I have to agree here that we are really hurting at the defensive edge position. We'll have to develop a good blitz package unless we want to see Brady sitting back in the pocket reading the latest Game of Thones novel. You do not beat Brady without a putting pressure on him.

Football Outsiders wrote:
Miami Dolphins

Biggest Need: Edge rusher

Miami's trade for Josh Rosen is, at worst, a credible stab at establishing themselves as a team with a franchise quarterback. That's a huge win for them considering how long they wandered the Tanneverse. However, in a rebuild, after letting Cameron Wake walk, they don't have much in the way of pass rush. Charles Harris might be able to rebound from a down 2018, but Tank Carradine and Jonathan Woodard aren't going to get this team 15 sacks next season. They might not even get 10.

Notable Undrafted Free Agents: One name to keep an eye on is Mississippi State's Deion "Shaq" Calhoun. Calhoun didn't have a body that appealed to NFL scouts, but he showed a lot of the tenacity and play style that offensive line coaches are invested in. The Dolphins still have a lot of offensive line slots up for grabs and Calhoun could not have picked a better landing spot. Colorado State's Preston Williams could also make an impact after putting up a 96/1,345/14 split in his junior season with the Rams. A transfer from Tennessee, Williams has the size to be an outside receiver if he can get better at breaking through press coverage.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/four- ... afc-east-0

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:02 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I've been watching a few youtube videos on the Dolphins OTAs, one player almost everyone talks about is Preston Williams. Hopefully, when the pads come on and the real hitting begins, he'll continue to shine.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:51 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Hopefully he will confine any hitting to the field.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:26 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Wouldn't it be sweet for Preston Williams to win that last WR position? He's been working hard in OTAs. I wonder if he can play special teams. Usually that is what is required of the fringe WR.

Barry Jackson wrote:
Undrafted Colorado State rookie receiver Preston Williams continues to impress; he caught touchdown passes from Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh Rosen in red zone drills on Wednesday.

“Really talented,” Rosen said. “He’s got that big body NFL receivers are based off of, that sort of one on one position. Great hands. Really looking forward to developing with him.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... 34494.html

Joe Schad wrote:
Preston Williams is not your typical undrafted rookie free agent. Williams stands out. Williams catches touchdown passes. Williams opens eyes. The Miami Dolphins, it is already clear, may have a steal in Williams, the receiver from Colorado State. Williams has size (6-foot-4, 210 pounds) and speed and body control and footwork and well — talent. Lots of talent.

“Really good,” Miami quarterback Josh Rosen said of Williams. “He’s that big body that the NFL receivers are sort of based off of in that one-on-one position. He’s a big body, a really talented guy with great hands and I’m really looking forward to developing with him.”

Williams has stood out in a manner similar to fellow big receiver DeVante Parker in organized team activities.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20 ... ning-heads

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:57 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I watched Preston Williams' highlights from Colorado State. He was their entire offense. Dude can flat out ball. He was excellent at keeping his feet in-bounds in the end zone, both feet, even though in college you only need one. He will out jump and out-muscle defenders for the ball. You can throw him the ball with 2 defenders blanketing him and he's going to wind up with the catch. He will make this team, and his addition will make our receiving corps one of the most potent in the NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBPPbOACgnY

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]