All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:24 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

30th? They may as well have said dead last then. I think a lot of the problem was QB and offensive line, but we'll see. We had a bunch of fast smurfs last year and the Dolphins could not move the chains ... hence, a lack of offensive plays and opportunities.

B/R wrote:
30. Miami Dolphins

Receivers: Albert Wilson, Kenny Stills, DeVante Parker, Jakeem Grant, Isaiah Ford, Brice Butler, Preston Williams, Trenton Irwin, Reece Horn

Tight Ends: Nick O'Leary, Mike Gesicki, Dwayne Allen, Clive Walford, Durham Smythe, Chris Myarick

A new coaching staff means a fresh start. Sometimes a situation just stinks, though.

The Miami Dolphins will enter the 2019 campaign without a single receiver who managed more than 553 yards last season. Some talent is present, but head coach Brian Flores and offensive coordinator Chad O'Shea will be hard-pressed to find a receiver capable of consistently getting open to serve as a top target.

Wilson played well through the first seven games, but he's coming off a season-ending hip injury. Stills never developed into anything more than a downfield option. Parker will receive yet another opportunity to prove he's not a first-round bust.

Miami drafted Gesicki in last year's second round because of an exceptional physical profile (6'6", 245 lbs), but he managed just 22 caches and should cede the starting role to O'Leary after the two traded off the job throughout 2018.

Maybe Josh Rosen or Ryan Fitzpatrick can get more out of this group, but it's unlikely.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/283 ... son#slide3

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:01 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Maybe I'm wrong, time will tell, but that seems vastly underrated. Not to say we're top 10, but 40? There's more talent than that here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 12:20 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

B/R wrote:
30. Miami Dolphins

The Miami Dolphins will enter the 2019 campaign without a single receiver who managed more than 553 yards last season.

This has to be unique to only Miami...maybe a very small handful of other teams.

Stills was no doubt ****ing underutilized.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:30 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Today is the first day of mandatory mini-camp, and our receiver group has a lot to prove this year.

Joe Schad wrote:
Undrafted rookie receiver Preston Williams of Colorado State has shined in spring practices open to the media. But Williams has a hill to climb in order to make Miami’s roster.

We will continue to monitor Jakeem Grant as he attempts to regain explosiveness in return from a lower leg injury.

Surely Albert Wilson, returning from a hip injury, will be a big part of the offense if and when he gets up to speed.

DeVante Parker, as he almost always does, has looked good in non-contact practices and seems to be gaining confidence with a new staff.

Kenny Stills is a team leader and Brice Butler is a solid, consistent veteran. Most NFL teams keep only four or five receivers on the 53-man roster.

For Williams to earn a place on the team, he’ll have to gain the trust of his quarterbacks by demonstrating knowledge of a complex offense.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:45 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Well that is obviously wrong but nothing like having an elite QB to boost a receiver group.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]