Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:02 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Looking for a huge upset in week 2.

Yahoo! Sports wrote:
The Miami Dolphins’ 2018 season was largely forgettable beyond one moment: their dramatic come-from-behind win over the New England Patriots in Week 14.

Donning their teal throwback uniforms, the Dolphins pulled off a miracle, 69-yard, last-second play that needed two laterals before Kenyan Drake found the end zone for the win.

Now they’re trying to recapture that same magic the next time they host the Patriots, as team president Tom Garfinkel announced on Saturday that they will wear their white throwback uniforms in Week 2.

https://sports.yahoo.com/dolphins-throw ... 17535.html

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxm3Sq5ntv2/

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:32 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Miami can win this game! It took a miracle to beat them last year, what with half of our best players injured or on IR, that shouldn't be the situation this year. The Patriots always have confidence they can win against any team, but that confidence is not there when they travel to Miami. If anyone knows how to defend the Patriots, it's B-Flo. A win here would definitely be a step in the right direction.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:57 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I'll be the first to say it for this year.

MAKE THE THROWBACKS THE PRIMARY UNIFORMS!

oh yeah, beat the Patsies

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:08 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

00xtremeninja wrote:
I'll be the first to say it for this year.

MAKE THE THROWBACKS THE PRIMARY UNIFORMS!

Sorry buddy. Already mentioned it a few times since the New Year & posted the below comment before I read yours.

:)

Their marketing & design or whichever department inside the organization is responsible for the post 2013 uniforms needs to swallow their pride & axe them permanently for these “throwbacks”.

-Signed,

95% of your fanbase

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:07 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I just sent a tweet to Tom Garfinkel expressing my desire to go back to the old uniforms permanently. If enough people did that, maybe he'd get the message?

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:00 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Will start the season 2-0.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:14 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Relive1972 wrote:
I just sent a tweet to Tom Garfinkel expressing my desire to go back to the old uniforms permanently. If enough people did that, maybe he'd get the message?

Would be futile, 3rd Jersey specials are always cash cows for fans. They knew doing aqua again wouldn't bring in the money like the previous 2 years, soooo do white!

Dream scenario would be do the aqua and white throwbacks as primary jerseys and then do orange as the 3rd option.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:17 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Xavian Howard showing off the old throwbacks.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:26 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

00xtremeninja wrote:
Relive1972 wrote:

Would be futile, 3rd Jersey specials are always cash cows for fans. They knew doing aqua again wouldn't bring in the money like the previous 2 years, soooo do white!

Dream scenario would be do the aqua and white throwbacks as primary jerseys and then do orange as the 3rd option.

If you don't do anything because you feel it is futile, it probably is futile. Took me all of one minute to send him my opinion on it on Twitter, not a lot of effort involved, and if he got enough of them he would probably at least look into it.

As for the 3rd jersey being a cash cow, I get that. It just seems to me there would be much more money generated by a design that is used for at least 13 games, vs one that is used for only 3, especially if the fans prefer that design.

I would go with the original for all 16 games, but if they insisted on having a throwback they could use the Jimmy Johnson design for that.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:25 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

00xtremeninja wrote:

I agree that throwbacks or alt uni’s are cash generators for teams, but do you really think that’s the biggest issue holding them back to making a color scheme & look that an extreme majority of the fan base would want as their team’s primaries? I ask because I wouldn’t think it would be that much of an influence.

The throwbacks to me in contrast to the 2013 Aquafresh sponsored colors is soooo unbalanced to the point I think it’s absurd they don’t switch to our old colors as our primary.

Sorry, but your alternate jerseys should not have a significantly better appeal than the ones you play 85% of the season with.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]