All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:54 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

He had some big hits and he had some whiffs as GM of the Raiders. I think he has a sharp mind, and it is a good addition to the front office as he has good football smarts.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... nt-office/

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:31 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

But.......I thought Chris Grier was supposed to be making all of the personnel decisions? I mean didn't they say back when Tannebaum was "reassigned" that Grier had full control over all football operations? That he would hire a head coach that would answer to him? That he would be only answering to Ross? Wasn't the plan to have a good old fashion system where you have one head coach, and one GM? First they hired Cauldwell to help Flores run the team, and now McKenzie to help Grier with Personnel?What's next? Does the Gatorade guy need someone to help him fill the big bucket?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:03 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I think you have to look at the fact that we have a lot of inexperience in the staff. It won't hurt one bit to have some experienced personal to help guide us. Caldwell and McKenzie will only help make these coaches and FO better down the road.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:20 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

This is a staff that is primed for getting schooled by Belichick and others. While I dont see this as helping to the point where it has a big impact it certainly cannot hurt. Also shows we certainly are not tanking.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:21 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Relive1972 wrote:
Does the Gatorade guy need someone to help him fill the big bucket?

Don’t worry, we may not get a decent QB or even one of your precious guards, but bank on this: the Gatorade guy will soon get help. I’m sure as a result of Grier’s long and illustrious NFL career he has another ol’ buddy out of work out there that needs easy NFL money and will do fine filling that bucket.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:10 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

A lot of people with football knowledge is saying that the signing of Reggie McKenzie is a good signing by the Dolphins. You have free agency, you have the draft, you have to decide extending your current players, you are always analyzing other team's practice players, you are analyzing every available football player out there, etc. There's a lot of work to be done by people with good football knowledge in the front office.

I think we are starting to also see a real change in Ross' mind when it comes to running a team. He is focusing less on the shiny objects and wants to build a real football team from the ground up ... and he's still has an open wallet.

RotoWorld wrote:
McKenzie spent seven seasons as Oakland's general manager. He was fired before the end of last year after losing a power struggle with Jon Gruden. A former Executive of the Year, McKenzie is a solid addition to GM Chris Grier's staff. He'll be in the inner circle of Miami's rebuild.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/ ... e-mckenzie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:04 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm not sure if I understand this. I don't mind having an absentee owner as long as he gives the keys to someone who knows what they are doing (hopefully, Grier can finally fill that role). I do mind having a front office staff not in the building.

Armando Salguero wrote:
McKenzie will not be working out of the Dolphins headquarters in Davie fulltime. It’s not even likely he’ll be moving to the area.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:19 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

OMG! I can picture Grier now, sitting at Don shula's old desk, feet propped up on top of it, sitting in a $2500 leather chair, smoking a fat stogie, calling all of his friends. "Hey, can you believe this sh*# man? I thought I was fired, but now I run the place! You need a job bro?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:21 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

carreramia wrote:
Relive1972 wrote:
Does the Gatorade guy need someone to help him fill the big bucket?

Don’t worry, we may not get a decent QB or even one of your precious guards, but bank on this: the Gatorade guy will soon get help. I’m sure as a result of Grier’s long and illustrious NFL career he has another ol’ buddy out of work out there that needs easy NFL money and will do fine filling that bucket.

Yep, we will call this trusted employee "Senior Gatorade Bucket advisor". And he will only answer to the local Coca-Cola guy for some odd reason.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:59 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Relive1972 wrote:
OMG! I can picture Grier now, sitting at Don shula's old desk, feet propped up on top of it, sitting in a $2500 leather chair, smoking a fat stogie, calling all of his friends. "Hey, can you believe this sh*# man? I thought I was fired, but now I run the place! You need a job bro?"

LMAO!! Great visual.....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:42 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The Dolphins made it official yesterday.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/top- ... e-mckenzie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:20 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

And everyone keeps saying that no one wants to come to Miami. McKenzie is highly respected in the NFL ... except in Jon Grudenville.

Barry Jackson wrote:
Grier was thrilled to add former Oakland general manager Reggie McKenzie as a senior personnel executive.

“Reggie was a bonus,” Grier said. “When Reggie was let go in Oakland [last season], I called him two days after and said, ‘Hey, ‘you did a great job. You guys were in salary cap hell and you drafted maybe a guy that’s going to be a Hall of Famer [Khalil Mack] and a couple of all pros.’ I told him, ‘I always respected you.’

“I said if you ever want to get back in, we would love to have you. I told Brian we might have an opportunity to bring him aboard and he was interested. I was flattered when he told us he had three or four offers and wanted to come here.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]