View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Prisco: Dolphins a year away 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Prisco: Dolphins a year away

Quote:
Miami Dolphins

Significant additions: WR Brandon Marshall, ILB Karlos Dansby, OLB Koa Misi, DE Jared Odrick, DE Charles Grant, ILB Tim Dobbins and G Richie Incognito.

Significant losses: WR Ted Ginn Jr., OLB Joey Porter, OLB Jason Taylor and S Gibril Wilson.

Biggest offseason move: Trading for Marshall. They lacked a go-to receiver for young quarterback Chad Henne, so they acquired Marshall. He is a big-time player who can really help this offense.

Will go to the playoffs if ... Henne is what they think he can be. He has all the tools, but now that he's the full-time starter heading into a season, it will be a lot tougher on him.

Rookie to watch: Misi. He is making the move from college end to outside rusher, but he has a chance to be a contributor early. He has been penciled in as the starter from the open of camp.

Overview: The Dolphins are building something special in South Florida. But I think this is another team that is a year away. They will push for a wild-card spot this season. Henne is poised to make big steps, especially with Marshall around, but I just think he needs one more year under his belt before he can be counted on to take this team to a Super Bowl. The defense has questions in two young edge rushers, which is why it may struggle early before getting better as the season moves along. I like what they're building, just not this season.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1386 ... y-jets/rss

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Prisco: Dolphins a year away
:)

what a tool

How is our defense going to be that bad?

Seriously, look at Nolans resume

Quote:
Significant losses: WR Ted Ginn Jr............. and S Gibril Wilson.

:) :) :ann0y: :ann0y: :) :) :)

priceless

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:43 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

The only thing we lost in Ginn is return ability. Outside of that, we just dropped a dude who couldn't catch a ball if you put gorilla glue on his gloves so I'm not too upset about it.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Quiz!!!

Ted Ginn Jr. is to the Dolphins

as

Clifford Franklin is to the _______________?

Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:07 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Yeah, I had a bit of a chuckle at the 'Significant Losses'. If they are so significant, why did they suck last year?

Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:35 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

end of last season everyone said we need to address secondary/defense and add a WR

We got rid of two aging OLB's and replaced with youth, got rid of a dead beat safety and added youth, added one of the best D coord in the NFL and a top 5 WR..

No love for our Fins...

Its all good...

Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:08 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

You guys are more concerned with a word than anything else. I'm sure the words Significant additions & Losses were used for every team.

That was actually a very good summation of the 2010 Miami Dolphins.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:04 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:

There are so many changes on our D, I would say it represents a bigger question than Henne's ability to move to the next level.

Other than our "significant" losses, I'd say it was an accurate look at things.
Losing Ginn was addition by subtraction.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:19 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Defense is a huge question right now, they showed us very little in the preseason, and we're all kind of holding out hope that it ends up being a typical dominant Nolan defense... but at this point, nobody really knows!

Still, being the under-dog is nice, and will be even nicer when the Jests aren't even in contention come late season.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:59 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Obviously Prisco has not been watching Patriots football lately..... They'll finish 5th in points allowed??? seriously? i think the Bills have a better chance of finishing 5th in defense than the pats do this year......... and we are lower middle of the pack. BIAS BIAS BIAS..... and the Jets retaining the #1 defense is NEVER gonna happen...I REPEAT, NEVER gonna happen. Marshall, Boldin, and Moss will shred that D to unrecoverable marks by week 4. Ok, the Dolphins may not win the division, but when dirt bag bags like this OVER RATE the division foes like that, and give miami a 15th overall offense ranking. I AM UTTERLY disturbed. i hope he eats his own words with a horse c*ck to follow for dessert.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:17 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

SkyHigh314 wrote:
Obviously Prisco has not been watching Patriots football lately..... They'll finish 5th in points allowed??? seriously? i think the Bills have a better chance of finishing 5th in defense than the pats do this year......... and we are lower middle of the pack. BIAS BIAS BIAS..... and the Jets retaining the #1 defense is NEVER gonna happen...I REPEAT, NEVER gonna happen. Marshall, Boldin, and Moss will shred that D to unrecoverable marks by week 4. Ok, the Dolphins may not win the division, but when dirt bag bags like this OVER RATE the division foes like that, and give miami a 15th overall offense ranking. I AM UTTERLY disturbed. i hope he eats his own words with a horse c*ck to follow for dessert.

Those weren't predictions. Those were last year's stats.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:25 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
:)

what a tool

Quote:
Significant losses: WR Ted Ginn Jr............. and S Gibril Wilson.

:) :) :ann0y: :ann0y: :) :) :)

priceless

None of the guys listed were really big losses. If we had lost the JT or Porter of a few years ago I would agree, but both are in the waning days of their careers.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I think our defense will be better than our offense, that where I think this is a stretch..

I really dont see how we can be predicted as one of the bottom 10 worst defenses in the NFL....

We had two huge off season signings in Nolan and Dansby, then all but one in our draft was defense...

Wake's run stopping this preseason has been very impressive, I saw him make nice adjustments at the line then make his way accross and get the RB from behind for little or no gain.
Misi and Odrick have been very strong.
Randy Starks has made a nice transition..

Our ILB's coverage was bad last year, and Dansby has already shown an upgrade there. So really the biggest area of concern is still the secondary.
But Vontae seems like he is primed for a good season... Smith needs more work, but hopefully Allen is ready by week two to take over..

Our offense needs to find its chemistry. On all parts of it I have been disappointed.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:36 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Just because you add good people doesn't mean you create a good defense. Look at the Redskins with their free agent flurries and see how it doesn't always work out.

Right now you've got 4 LB's who have never worked together, nor have any of them worked with the LB coaches, nor the DC. You have questions at Safety. And we haven't exactly seen a pass rush, have we?

That's a HUGE question mark. We will hopefully see it come together during the season, but right now ranking the D low is the right thing to do.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]