All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:58 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I didn't figure that Clay would do much with Josh Allen's inaccurate arm last year. Still, he was overpaid when the Bills signed him, and he never gave them what they paid for him as he wasn't that player.

RotoWorld wrote:
Bills released TE Charles Clay. Clay was due a $9 million cap hit in 2019, so cutting him was a no-brainer. With his release, the Bills will save $4.5 million against the cap while eating $4.5 million in dead money. Signed to an ambitious five-year, $38 million contract in 2015, Clay was a chronic underachiever during his four-year run in Western New York. The 30-year-old was essentially invisible in 2018, managing a meager 21-184-0 receiving line over 13 lackluster appearances. He was a healthy scratch for the Bills' final two games. We doubt Clay's phone will be ringing off the hook with offers, though he could be a fit for a tight-end-needy team like the Lions.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:49 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Definitely one time where we made the right choice not to get in a bidding war to keep a player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:10 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Chronic underachiever. Lol. Yep.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:12 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Well, he wasn't on the market very long as he just signed with the Cardinals. In everywhere but Miami, tight ends are offensive weapons who can get you yardage when your protection breaks down. We have to keep them in to block as our protection is piss poor.

RotoWorld wrote:
Cardinals signed Charles Clay, formerly of the Bills, to a one-year, $3.25 million contract. The deal includes a $350,000 signing bonus. Just cut by the Bills on Friday, Clay joins a growing list of released veterans who have found a home in Arizona. New Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury did not routinely utilize tight ends in the passing game at Texas Tech, although Jace Amaro did have a big season playing under Kingsbury in Lubbock. Clay's addition could allow the Cardinals to use Ricky Seals-Jones as more of a receiver.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/ ... arles-clay

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]