Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 11932
Location: Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Chad Henne has had 11 passes dropped through three preseason games. Henne is just 29-of-51 (56.8 percent), but 11 drops in such limited attempts is an anomaly. After completing 60.8 percent of his passes a year ago, the strong-armed Henne should have no trouble improving on that mark this year with Brandon Marshall in town. Consider Henne as your QB2 if you miss out on Ben Roethlisberger or Matthew Stafford.


www.rotoworld.com

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:34 am 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:15 pm
Posts: 292
Location: Shelbyville, IN
Don't get me wrong, I love henne, but he has to learn to get some touch on those short passes, cannot gun it to a guy 5 yards away from him...yes they count as drops but Henne is partly to blame on some...but not all.... BRANDON!!!

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:56 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
That turns out to be a 78.4 completion percentage with 0 drops. Amazing.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1997
Location: Lakeland, FL
Iceberg85 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I love henne, but he has to learn to get some touch on those short passes, cannot gun it to a guy 5 yards away from him...yes they count as drops but Henne is partly to blame on some...but not all.... BRANDON!!!


Remember when Orande's hands would bleed from Marino's spirals? I don't care where the receiver is if they get hit in the hands you gotta make the catch priority. 11 is pretty pathetic

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:47 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:00 am
Posts: 1287
people need to stop with this "henne guns the ball all the time " crap... if you watched the games... he hasn't been gunning it all the time... the wr's have been dropping the ball....his touch passing as been spot on this preseason


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 149
Steve Zissou wrote:
Iceberg85 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I love henne, but he has to learn to get some touch on those short passes, cannot gun it to a guy 5 yards away from him...yes they count as drops but Henne is partly to blame on some...but not all.... BRANDON!!!


Remember when Orande's hands would bleed from Marino's spirals? I don't care where the receiver is if they get hit in the hands you gotta make the catch priority. 11 is pretty pathetic


x2. It may suck to get a little stinger from a ball being thrown your way with such force from a short distance but if you're getting paid millions to do it, do your darn job and catch the ball.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:46 pm
Posts: 133
Yeah, this whole conversation is really starting to annoy me. Just ask any one of the running backs that played under Marino and they'd tell you it didn't matter what type of pass it was. In fact, he would missile it in there even if it was a screen.

Can Henne get better? Sure. But Henne doesn't need to change his games because the receivers such at catching the football.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:56 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6681
dolphan74 wrote:
people need to stop with this "henne guns the ball all the time " crap... if you watched the games... he hasn't been gunning it all the time... the wr's have been dropping the ball....his touch passing as been spot on this preseason


Most of the time you're right....that shot he fired at Ricky across the middle the other day came out of a cannon though. There were some very catchable balls that were just dropped.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:35 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
The offensive line right now is my biggest concern going into the season, not the receivers, and certainly not Henne. If we can't get a better push up front and run the football, then we're in trouble!
:boo:


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:39 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
IamPZ wrote:
That turns out to be a 78.4 completion percentage with 0 drops. Amazing.


The Trifecta drafted him because of his accuracy coming out of Michigan and he has been learning from the most accurate guy in the league for two seasons. I think Henne will continue to develop his game and eventually become one of the most accurate passers in the league. I think a lot of the drops are due to a lack of time spent between Henne and the receivers. Marshall was limited this offseason due to that hip surgery. I think those two are really going to light it up after they get a little more comfortable together.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Greg Camarillo never dropped a pass.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:48 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8217
Greg Camarillo never dropped a pass.


LOL! I knew this was coming. Are we going to hear about your man crush all year? I'm sure there are other players in the league that have never dropped a pass. This is a dolphin forum, not a Viking forum.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1997
Location: Lakeland, FL
Iowafin wrote:
Greg Camarillo never dropped a pass.


Thats hilarious

Still don't make him a starter here or there

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Makchell wrote:
I'm sure there are other players in the league that have never dropped a pass.


Find him. Make sure he's got more than 60 passes...and then I'll give you a hundred bucks.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:52 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
Iowafin wrote:
Makchell wrote:
I'm sure there are other players in the league that have never dropped a pass.


Find him. Make sure he's got more than 60 passes...and then I'll give you a hundred bucks.


Can I have $100 bucks if I just say I agree with you?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:58 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8217
Make sure he's got more than 60 passes

You're adding another stipulation. Great, we get it, you are mad at the trade. There is a reason that he was traded, if not, get a GM position with a team so you can keep scrub WRs on the roster. When he was a starter here, we won one game. He's gone now. Can we move on to more pressing needs like how our CURRENT WRs are dropping balls?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Makchell wrote:
Make sure he's got more than 60 passes

You're adding another stipulation.


Another? What other "stipulations" have I made? 60 passes seems like a fair number, doesn't it? If you pull out someone that's only had 10 balls thrown to him, is it fair to compare? We're talking no drops after over 150 passes thrown his way. If anything, 60 is a low stinkin' number.
1 drop every 60 passes? You'd think NFL players can do that, but you can't find a single one that is better than that.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:32 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8217
You're right. We made a bad deal. We traded an excellent reciever. Can we move on now?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:46 pm
Posts: 133
wkloiber13 wrote:
The offensive line right now is my biggest concern going into the season, not the receivers, and certainly not Henne. If we can't get a better push up front and run the football, then we're in trouble!
:boo:


If there's anyone that can figure it out, it's our man Sparano. He's a genius when it comes to offensive line protection.

So, I think we're going to gel in this area.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
IamPZ wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Makchell wrote:
I'm sure there are other players in the league that have never dropped a pass.


Find him. Make sure he's got more than 60 passes...and then I'll give you a hundred bucks.


Can I have $100 bucks if I just say I agree with you?


Yes...but I don't know who will give you the 100 dollars.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r