Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:09 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
Walter Football - 2/7/19
Pick: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
Explanation: NFL teams all soured on Russell Wilson leading up to the 2012 NFL Draft despite the fact that Wilson had more experience and was more accomplished than Kyler Murray over a longer span. While Wilson didn’t win the Heisman, he probably would have if he played in the Big XII. Instead, Wilson thrived in two conferences where teams actually play some sort of defense. Despite this, Wilson fell to the third round. Now, just because Wilson has been an exception rather than the rule, Murray is somehow expected to be chosen in the opening round even though he’s two inches shorter and 20 pounds lighter than Wilson!

None of this makes any sense, especially when factoring in Murray’s lack of starting experience, his extremely easy schedule this past season against all of the woeful Big XII defenses, his struggles against Alabama prior to garbage time, and the fact that teams may not be convinced that he’s going to dedicate himself to football with baseball being a possibility. All of these things are strikes against Murray, which was relayed to me by an NFC personnel man I spoke to on Friday afternoon. I asked him about Murray, and while he expressed concern about his size, it was his dedication to football that was the major concern.
”Murray should probably go on Day 2, but will probably go in the first round because he’s a hot name,” the personnel man said. “We assumed he was going into baseball because of Scott Boras, so no one wrote up any reports on him.”
I then thought about it. Who could take Murray in the first round? Well, there’s no dumber owner of a bad team in the NFL than Stephen Ross. I’m sure he’s smart in real life, but when it comes to managing his football team, Ross has made countless blunders. Ross also loves hype. He constantly invites celebrities no one cares about to games to try to draw a crowd. This would be another instance of Ross trying to draw attention to the Dolphins. He may demand for his next regime to draft Murray because he thinks a 5-foot-9, 190-pound quarterback, who thrived in a conference where zero defense is played, won’t get half of his passes batted at the line of scrimmage somehow.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/2/11/ ... back-needs

I wonder if you have to come out and make a statement that you are commited to football if you are really commited or is it recent change of heart which could change back just as easily.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:49 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Murray’s official Phinfever theme:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Quote:
Who could take Murray in the first round? Well, there’s no dumber owner of a bad team in the NFL than Stephen Ross.

I’m sure every fan of a team caught in mediocrity feels the same way about the guy at the top of their club too. This dude needs to get over the celebrity **** and his hyperbolic criticisms. I’m not defending Ross. Just don’t like hearing people ***** and moan and act like they are uniquely special enough to be caught up in the worst situation possible.

Miami has sucked, but you can do a lot worse.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:01 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

One site I've learned to completely ignore is Walter Football. They have been exposed as frauds by several guys in the business. The only positive feature is the compiled list of mock drafts from other sites they have.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:30 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
The only positive feature is the compiled list of mock drafts from other sites they have.

Other sites, meaning their only positive feature isn’t their own work?

:)

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]