Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:31 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phinsider: SUTTON wrote:
Assistants Leaving with Matt Patricia
~ No. 2 pencil

* Actual human beings? Zero.

* Please feel free to fact check me (Lions 2018 staff — here; Patriots 2017 staff — here), but I looked at every position on the coaching staffs, from head coach to strength and conditioning.

Assistants Leaving with Brian Flores
* Chad O’Shea and (reportedly) Jerry Schuplinski

Again, to be transparent, nothing official has happened with Schuplinski, Graham, Caldwell, or Capers — but there’s enough smoke to know there’s at least some embers developing, whether or not it turns robust enough to melt our marshmallows. The thought process is clear: a complementary coaching staff.

It’s tough to get multiple assistants from the New England Patriots, period. Brian Flores has been able to pry at least one, likely two. It’s a coup in itself. According to NFL rules, teams can block interviews with assistant coaches under contract, as long as the requested interview is not for a head coaching position. Let’s just say New England breaks knows the rules as well as anyone.

You may rightfully be unimpressed with the comparison to Matt Patricia, but we can gather that maybe, just maybe, Flores is trying to learn from his predecessors’ mistakes. If Flores is to be the first Patriots assistant coach to leave the nest and find success, it’ll start right here and right now with the formulation of his coaching staff.

You don’t have to let your jadedness or cynicism go anywhere, but when you compare the last two key defensive coaching cogs to leave Foxborough for head coaching positions and the Patriots colleagues they’d take with them, know that the score is Flores one (probably two), Patricia glazed donut.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/2/8/1 ... head-coach

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:43 am 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

I’m starting to think the rumor is true that Belicheat is retiring very soon. If so, lots of talented coaches and players will continue running to AFC teams since the competition will be greatly equalized.....even with Brady staying on. Luckily, Miami seems to be jump starting their team first. Buffalo and the Jets don’t have the weather or Brazilian girls so we are headed towards Miami getting all the best talent soon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:05 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Im feeling that Dolphin Dynasty under Flores.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:25 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Billy retires and that organization is heading downhill very fast. Tom wouldn't be far behind. I will love the day when they zoom in on Kraft and his big stupid face looking all sullen and knowing his hay days are over.

Flores pulls off getting those 2 out of new England, speaks volumes to his character and guys wanting to work for him

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:25 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Patricia did beat the crap out of Belichick, we'll have to see how Flores does this year againt him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:53 pm 

Patricia is no Flores.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]